Billing: Recourse for denied claim? (after an approval)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GTSalex

Reaction score
We recently had a therapist who input a lower amount of total units for care, so when the insurance company got the claim it was only for 1/4th of the services. She did not catch the problem until we received a check in the mail for a much lower payment than expected. We tried to re-submit those claims after updating them, but they were denied (not rejected). I am thinking this means that we have to accept the lesser payment since those claims had checks sent out; but wanted to confirm. Thanks for the info!

Members don't see this ad.

We recently had a therapist who input a lower amount of total units for care, so when the insurance company got the claim it was only for 1/4th of the services. She did not catch the problem until we received a check in the mail for a much lower payment than expected. We tried to re-submit those claims after updating them, but they were denied (not rejected). I am thinking this means that we have to accept the lesser payment since those claims had checks sent out; but wanted to confirm. Thanks for the info!
It probably got denied as a duplicate. I think you will have to file a corrected claim and ask them to reprocess. Or appeal with the explanation.

Reactions: 1 user
It probably got denied as a duplicate. I think you will have to file a corrected claim and ask them to reprocess. Or appeal with the explanation.
Yep, this is what the eventually told us! Thank you