Big Study Desks

tennisball80

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok. It's almost summer guys. :banana: I will be going to college in August.

So, I like to study on a big desk so I can put all of my stuff on the desk.

Where are some good places you can find big/large desks with huge surface area?

Just wondering.......

Thanks for any comments in advance. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Ok. It's almost summer guys. :banana: I will be going to college in August.

So, I like to study on a big desk so I can put all of my stuff on the desk.

Where are some good places you can find big/large desks with huge surface area?

Just wondering.......

Thanks for any comments in advance. :)

IKEA has some huge one's just like your talking about but unless you live near the store the shipping can be 3x the price of the desk.30

I'm actually getting one like your talking about for medical school from WalMart that is about 60" x 30" x 35". Plenty of room to put many books w/ stands and laptop, etc. Costs 250buck.

Tennis, love, aren't you living in a dorm room?

Members don't see this ad :)
I find them in the library.

Especially if you're going to live on campus, why not go this route? Saves money, and you don't have as many distractions. Plus, as the previous poster said, in most dorms, space is hard to come by.

Don't get to big of one if your going to be living in a cramped space.

IKEA is good for cheap furniture, also estate sales and craigslist.

Don't get to big of one if your going to be living in a cramped space.

IKEA is good for cheap furniture, also estate sales and craigslist.

Cheap furniture my ass, office max is the way to go.

Last edited:
I bought a huge plan wood desk with two drawers in the front for less than $100 at an unfinished (meaning no stain or paint) furniture store. It's really easy to finish the desk yourself and they have a much larger variety of sizes and types of desks than an office supply store. But if you are living in a dorm, the school will provide you with a desk.

Cheap furniture my ass, office max is the way to go.

hmmm...second thread where you have said that Ikea either doesn't have desks or, this time, doesn't have cheap furniture. Interesting. Work for office max or have an issue with Ikea?

Yea, Don't buy one if you are planning on living in a dorm room. Some schools won't even allow you to have your own (because they don't want to have to come get it I know my Res Life wouldn't allow people to bring their own mattresses for this reason.)

Must have dorm stuff IMO:
-Cups silverware and tupperware. don't bother with plates. You can just eat out of the tupperware.
-Flip Flops for the shower
-Organizational storage that can go on your desk, under your bed, behind your bed
-rent a microfridge from your school
-bed lifts for your bed (unless with bunk beds) so you can lift up your bed and have extra room under your bed
-extension cords (usually there are like 2 plugs in a room for 2 people)
-foldable laundry basket/ just a big bag so you can easily store it when its not being used.
There are more but I can't think of them right now

Go to the library, lol. There are free huge desks available almost 24/7. Plus, there are no distractions.

Buy two or 4 of those stationary shelves and put a table top or half a ping pong table top above them = gangster rig ;)

Your dorm will probably have a desk already in it. You will learn quickly how to organize yourself in small space, or go to the library. I didn't go to the library until Junior year though and I pretty much just do it to hang out with friends while I study/act-like-studying.