Best 2005 Step 1 score will be...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kluver_Bucy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been keeping up with this site for about 3 months now. There are so many smart people on here. No wonder the SDN average is a 230 something.

Out of all the people, I predict the highest Step 1 score will be Long Dong or Pox in a Box. They are both very humble, and knowledgable.

Now only if they will get off their heine and post their Step 1 experience for the July test takers. :D

Members don't see this ad.

bigfrank said:
I honestly don't know how it happened. But I didn't screw any residents. I go to an Eastern school where the girls tend to be colder than out west and more arrogant than in the midwest. Anyways, I'm happily married so it would never be an issue.

I actually got propositioned by a female OB resident on a weekend call night, but that's a much longer story for a different time, which also might contradict ramoray's seemingly iron-clad theory. :laugh:

By the way, frankie j., which specialty are you planning to enslave yourself to for a few years? I hope you're not sellin' out to radio...

bigfrank said:
I actually got propositioned by a female OB resident on a weekend call night, but that's a much longer story for a different time, which also might contradict ramoray's seemingly iron-clad theory. :laugh:

WOW! 267, 7/7, AND chicks are all over you?!! I think we've finally found the perfect man! Who'da thought it would be on a internet message board?

:love:

HamOnWholeWheat said:
WOW! 267, 7/7, AND chicks are all over you?!! I think we've finally found the perfect man! Who'da thought it would be on a internet message board?

hey ham nice to see you back! hope the studying is going well caused i know mine sure isnt!! getting lazy here.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ramoray said:
hey ham nice to see you back! hope the studying is going well caused i know mine sure isnt!! getting lazy here.

Don't get me started. I spent the first 5 weeks studying Biochem, Physio, Neuranatomy, Immuno, and Gross. So yeah, I'm 100% on all the first year material which will probably be about 3% of the exam. Now all I have to do is just Micro, Path, Pharm, and start doing questions. So yeah, I'm screwed.

:thumbdown:

HamOn

HamOnWholeWheat said:

She was ugly and desperate. Leave it alone.

Would it help if I told you I also drove a new Lexus GS430? :p

bigfrank said:
She was ugly and desperate. Leave it alone.

Would it help if I told you I also drove a new Lexus GS430? :p

foreigns suck, go domestic you god damn non patriotic person

Ramoray said:
foreigns suck, go domestic you god damn non patriotic person
This may help to explain Ramoray's meltdown as of late.

Ramoray:Tom Cruise :: Step I Studying:Scientology

Now the thread is closed. :laugh:

Keep trying to look soo smart ... only on this stupid mill will people find your stupid remarks humorous.

Hmm. Nothing personal to the other guys, but I pick Idq1i because he has been on SDN the longest and I think he was reading the step 1 site last year. But I do like p53 because I think he researched a lot of ooooolllldddd stuff and saved it. Here is my prediction:

Idq1i:263 (not the highest score on SDN, but the highest of my ranking)
Long Dong:256
p53: 254
Pox: 254

Jalby said:
Hmm. Nothing personal to the other guys, but I pick Idq1i because he has been on SDN the longest and I think he was reading the step 1 site last year. But I do like p53 because I think he researched a lot of ooooolllldddd stuff and saved it. Here is my prediction:

p53: 254
Pox: 254

If boards score are directly proportional to length of membership on SDN, then I predict my score to be 273...next year. It's too bad it doesn't work that way...:)

Members don't see this ad :)
PrAdEr WiLli said:
No one from DO school gets a 273. Keep dreaming buddy. :smuggrin:

Someone posted a USMLE step 1 score of 272 a little while ago. He/she was a DO student. Ask BigFrank. He knows b/c he congratulated the person. The OP could have been lying. Who knows. Who cares. Your comment doesn't deserve a response...:)

DOCTORSAIB said:
Someone posted a USMLE step 1 score of 272 a little while ago. He/she was a DO student. Ask BigFrank. He knows b/c he congratulated the person. The OP could have been lying. Who knows. Who cares. Your comment doesn't deserve a response...:)
Why do you worship BF? Just because BF said something or congratulated someone, does that mean it's written in stone? Actually, maybe it should get copyright status, and be in print. :laugh: Jus' giving you a hard time, and BF, of course.

HiddenTruth said:
Why do you worship BF? Just because BF said something or congratulated someone, does that mean it's written in stone? Actually, maybe it should get copyright status, and be in print. :laugh: Jus' giving you a hard time, and BF, of course.
maybe the kid fantasizes about big franks frank. trust me ya get all types of loonies on this board

Ramoray said:
maybe the kid fantasizes about big franks frank. trust me ya get all types of loonies on this board

hahaha. Thats pretty funny. Ok, I'll tone it down with the Bigfrank references. I remember him b/c:

1) Everyone else keeps talking about him
2) He posts on here frequently
3) I wish I had his Step 1 score
4) b/c as soon as the 272 was posted, BigFrank was one of the first to respond (as I was expecting since he is/was the MVP up until that point).

PrAdEr WiLli said:
I believe I go to school with BF......he is a lier.
Gosh, I hope that's not true. If it is, we really should dedicate more time to spelling. ;)

HiddenTruth said:
By the way, frankie j., which specialty are you planning to enslave yourself to for a few years? I hope you're not sellin' out to radio...
Sorry for the delayed reply. Actually, I was thinking Rads, but now I'm currently applying for Otolaryngology. Just got the ol' PS finished up. It was definitely the best fit for me. I've landed 2 sweet away rotations and am really excited. Thanks for asking.

PrAdEr WiLli said:
I believe I go to school with BF......he is a lier.

I don't think you're the first to challenge this fact. Last year there was a big chaotic brouhaha over frank's integrity and his score. The same thing happened to idiopathic a couple of months ago. People are jealous of big scores but sometimes people exaggerate or lie. I don't know if bigfrank is lying but I think he gives sound advice nonetheless.

Jalby said:

Only competition among people that post on SDN are Idq1i and Long Dong.

Idqli is the SDN intellectual with a B- work ethic. He should have nailed the problem solving questions but likely missed the detailed (minutiae) knowledge based questions.

Long Dong is the diligent medical student with impeccable work ethic. He likely nailed the knowledge questions including minutiae, only question is how did he do on problem solving questions.

p53 nailed all of the recurrent concepts from NBME Form A and Form B. As Omarsaleh pointed out they tested the same concepts on Step 1 but in a different manner. p53's main question is did he overlook the obvious answers due to overconfidence. p53 gets an A+ for preparation. I highly doubt there is anyone on SDN that knew more about Step 1 before they took the exam. He set up the perfect gameplan for Step 1, it all comes down to execution. The anchor could be 30+ DETAILED gross anatomy questions (ex: what is the dermatome for the achille's heel etc).

Only time will tell. If I was a betting man, I would put Long Dong at the top because at the end of the day, FOCUSED work ethic (by doing 10000+ questions) trumps everything on Step 1. It is the royal flush to my full house.

I should beat Idq1i. We both had the insight to know that Step 1 would be heavy on clinical questions. Our methods to prepare for these questions were different. He studied Cecil's Essentials for Step 1 while p53 studied UCV Step 2 Clinical Vignettes. Similar intelligence but I had a better gameplan.

P.S. The 500 to 1 long shot is Hiddentruth because he is the catfish at the bottom that scavenges Step 1 questions from the Step 1 experience thread. This will artificially inflate his Step 1 score. Regardless, problem solving questions will baffle him on test day so the scavenging will have a ceiling that he won't be able to traverse.

Its gonna be a sleeper, some random guy that saved time to study by just getting quick advice from this board and didn't stroke his ego by wasting time posting about his awsome 24 hour study plan like a radio station that stops the music to tell you how they never stop the music.

dynx said:
Its gonna be a sleeper, some random guy that saved time to study by just getting quick advice from this board and didn't stroke his ego by wasting time posting about his awsome 24 hour study plan like a radio station that stops the music to tell you how they never stop the music.

ha, couldn't agree more, nothing sadder than reading the egoistic predictions of p53...also, liked your assesment of how scores are computed in the other thred

dynx said:

Dynx, you are lucky verbal reasoning is not tested by NBME. If you read above it mentions my competition among those who post here. :sleep:

p53 said:
Only competition among people that post on SDN are Idq1i and Long Dong.

Idqli is the SDN intellectual with a B- work ethic. He should have nailed the problem solving questions but likely missed the detailed (minutiae) knowledge based questions.

Long Dong is the diligent medical student with impeccable work ethic. He likely nailed the knowledge questions including minutiae, only question is how did he do on problem solving questions.

p53 nailed all of the recurrent concepts from NBME Form A and Form B. As Omarsaleh pointed out they tested the same concepts on Step 1 but in a different manner. p53's main question is did he overlook the obvious answers due to overconfidence. p53 gets an A+ for preparation. I highly doubt there is anyone on SDN that knew more about Step 1 before they took the exam. He set up the perfect gameplan for Step 1, it all comes down to execution. The anchor could be 30+ DETAILED gross anatomy questions (ex: what is the dermatome for the achille's heel etc).

Only time will tell. If I was a betting man, I would put Long Dong at the top because at the end of the day, FOCUSED work ethic (by doing 10000+ questions) trumps everything on Step 1. It is the royal flush to my full house.

I should beat Idq1i. We both had the insight to know that Step 1 would be heavy on clinical questions. Our methods to prepare for these questions were different. He studied Cecil's Essentials for Step 1 while p53 studied UCV Step 2 Clinical Vignettes. Similar intelligence but I had a better gameplan.

P.S. The 500 to 1 long shot is Hiddentruth because he is the catfish at the bottom that scavenges Step 1 questions from the Step 1 experience thread. This will artificially inflate his Step 1 score. Regardless, problem solving questions will baffle him on test day so the scavenging will have a ceiling that he won't be able to traverse.

Haha. Is there an underground betting pool in this subforum? Let me in! :laugh:

I can't believe that I have to wait until the 22nd to see my score. It's not like they have to manually grade the darn thing.

BTW, I considered using the clinical vignettes for my preparation. However, I decided that I've worked through enough clinical cases in my pathophys course. Only now am I starting to appreciate the awesome preclinical preparation that my school provided

p53 said:
Dynx, you are lucky verbal reasoning is not tested by NBME. If you read above it mentions my competition among those who post here. :sleep:

I never mentioned you, I was explaining who I thought the high score was gonna be. The fact that you responded as such shows a little sensitivity on your part...but don't worry the :sleep: really disguised it well. Calm down big guy.

Tool_fan said:
this is the most ******ed thread ever.
You are probably right about this thread. But you did reply to this thread and wasted your time so what does that say about you?

In fact, I think it is fair to say things are not going right in your life right now so you are using DISPLACEMENT to take some frustration out of your OWN life. Let's be honest, you wouldn't be chiding posters on this thread unless you got some psychological benefit from it. Carry on with your miserable life. :thumbup: