Best 2005 Step 1 score will be...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kluver_Bucy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been keeping up with this site for about 3 months now. There are so many smart people on here. No wonder the SDN average is a 230 something.

Out of all the people, I predict the highest Step 1 score will be Long Dong or Pox in a Box. They are both very humble, and knowledgable.

Now only if they will get off their heine and post their Step 1 experience for the July test takers. :D

Members don't see this ad.

I forgot about Idq1i. He should be in the top 3. I bought the Cecil's Book of Essentials to study Step 1 because of his advice. I'm reading the glomerular diseases today in Cecil's.

My vote goes to p53. The guy's fund of knowledge is amazing. I never really understood the arrogance thing but nonetheless my prediction is 265+ for p53.

p53, idq1i, chandler, sleepyhouse, or some lurker who doesn't contribute well be mvp. i'm still on vacation, so tapping on my pda, on the beach, to post, well post my exam experience when i return.

Members don't see this ad :)
DOCTORSAIB said:
My vote goes to p53. The guy's fund of knowledge is amazing. I never really understood the arrogance thing but nonetheless my prediction is 265+ for p53.

Not to take anything away from p53, as I'm sure he'll smoke step1, but how could you come to the conclusion that someone's fund of knowledge is amazing over an internet forum? (i.e. - "here's an obscure fact I just googled and will pawn off as an original thought", or "I'll answer that question with the confidence and gusto of someone who just knew the answer, and not someone who just looked it up.") Again, I'm not saying p53 or anyone else does that, but I just can't be impressed about someone's "fund of knowledge" in this medium.

I know I'm nitpicking, I just don't want to study BehavioralSci right now.

HamOn

Kluver_Bucy said:
I've been keeping up with this site for about 3 months now. There are so many smart people on here. No wonder the SDN average is a 230 something.

Out of all the people, I predict the highest Step 1 score will be Long Dong or Pox in a Box. They are both very humble, and knowledgable.

Now only if they will get off their heine and post their Step 1 experience for the July test takers. :D

I'll post my experience later...I've been pretty busy and it might take an entire day to type it up. You've all left out HiddenTruth as a possible MVP.

HamOnWholeWheat said:
Not to take anything away from p53, as I'm sure he'll smoke step1, but how could you come to the conclusion that someone's fund of knowledge is amazing over an internet forum? (i.e. - "here's an obscure fact I just googled and will pawn off as an original thought", or "I'll answer that question with the confidence and gusto of someone who just knew the answer, and not someone who just looked it up.") Again, I'm not saying p53 or anyone else does that, but I just can't be impressed about someone's "fund of knowledge" in this medium.

I know I'm nitpicking, I just don't want to study BehavioralSci right now.

HamOn

Good point. You could be right. In which case p53 would have to be the biggest loser, in my mind, trying so hard and spending on all this time trying to impress people on an internet forum who he is unlikely to ever meet in person. ASSUMING, he's not BS'ing, my vote still goes to p53.

YOU GUYS ARE ALL TOOLS. You guys are loser medical students who have nothing better to do than clutter this message board with stupid crap in an attempt to satisfy your insecurities. You guys are probably the people who go around and call people "gunners", and bs like that, stuff i had never heard off till i attended medical school and was forced to interact with losers like you guys.

uscman said:
YOU GUYS ARE ALL TOOLS. You guys are loser medical students who have nothing better to do than clutter this message board with stupid crap in an attempt to satisfy your insecurities. You guys are probably the people who go around and call people "gunners", and bs like that, stuff i had never heard off till i attended medical school and was forced to interact with losers like you guys.
so hostile, chill bro, have a beer, get laid, take a study brake, or something. don't take things so serious.

Long Dong said:
so hostile, chill bro, have a beer, get laid, take a study brake, or something. don't take things so serious.

Sounds like one of those people who goes postal, walks into a building, sprays everyone with bullets, and then kills himself when he knows theres 1000+ cops outside. :laugh:

uscman said:

Gunner. I can't believe Ramoray hasn't added you to his TOOLbelt.

uscman said:
There's nothing wrong with a 195, really. You'll still be a "doctor" too someday (just like your momma always said). :love:

DOCTORSAIB said:

Exactly also my vote goes to p53 as the biggest TOOL of 2005. It might be close between him and Long for the MVP Step1 score though.

Members don't see this ad :)
bigfrank said:
There's nothing wrong with a 195, really. You'll still be a "doctor" too someday (just like your momma always said). :love:

:laugh:
What's wrong with being a "gunner", anyway? I come to class, I do my work, I get grades that put me at the top of my class, I help my classmates when I can. Does that make me a "gunner"?

idq1i said:
What's wrong with being a "gunner", anyway? I come to class, I do my work, I get grades that put me at the top of my class, I help my classmates when I can. Does that make me a "gunner"?
Sure. And when you go to fill out your ERAS during your M-4 year, you'll be happy to be a "gunner" and able to check the "AOA box" on the form as opposed to the converse of that. ;)

P.S. I don't know who'll get the #1 score.

But I think all of the aforementioned names will do very, very well. And you guys/gals certainly deserve it. I remember answering PMs from many/most of you for over a year! Certainly a very competitive SDN class.

Anyway, who knows who will be tempted to exaggerate their scores??? Or who may pop up as a new member to tell us the good news???

Its Pretty Sad your lives revolve around a medical school chat forum. Some of us come to this site for information, others live vicariously through this site. Just a thought :) :) :) :) :) :)

uscman said:
Its Pretty Sad your lives revolve around a medical school chat forum. Some of us come to this site for information, others live vicariously through this site. Just a thought :) :) :) :) :) :)

Size really does matter, doesn't it. Sorry pal... :D

bigfrank said:

You know i find comments like this unsettling. Mostly because its full of sarcasm, when in reality there is truly nothing wrong with a 195. If there was passing would be a 196. I know youre just responding to some one who was being hostile, but thats not the way to do it. There are plenty of nice people on this site who have scored that low (and no im not one of them, i havent taken the test yet.) and they dont deserve the "doctor" comment.

Blue_guitar9 said:
You know i find comments like this unsettling. Mostly because its full of sarcasm, when in reality there is truly nothing wrong with a 195. If there was passing would be a 196. I know youre just responding to some one who was being hostile, but thats not the way to do it. There are plenty of nice people on this site who have scored that low (and no im not one of them, i havent taken the test yet.) and they dont deserve the "doctor" comment.
and then there's the ability to laugh at yourself, and your situation, and not take stupid **** personally, and oh yeah- find it. fast.

nutmegs said:
and then there's the ability to laugh at yourself, and your situation, and not take stupid **** personally, and oh yeah- find it. fast.

Really where should i start looking? How about up your butt.

Look im only saying that using a USMLE score as an insult is somewhat ridiculous, if you don’t agree with that then you must have a SAT score less than 1100.

People derive their lifes worth from a stupid number ... go figure

Blue_guitar9 said:
Really where should i start looking? How about up your butt.

Look im only saying that using a USMLE score as an insult is somewhat ridiculous, if you don’t agree with that then you must have a SAT score less than 1100.
it was a... new concept for you here... joke. if my 1420 had been a 950 but I still got accepted to college (ie, got a 195 which makes them as much of a doctor as the 230 does) I'm happy to know that I wouldn't take offense to someone pointing out that I hadn't slammed the exam. the goal of life, believe it or not, is not to think of who could possibly be offended before you say something and then refrain from saying it if there is even the littlest tiniest chance of someone taking even the slightest bit of offense to it. people like you are a lot of what's wrong with the world. ;)

If you think a joke is the same thing as an insult, i have a good joke for you.

...youre an Flipping *****. haha.

uscman said:
People derive their lifes worth from a stupid number ... go figure

To some of these people, no finger pointinig, i think it is there lifes worth.

To big frank, i didnt mean for this to get blown out of perportion. I just thought it was a silly comment no big deal.

we all have our opinions and continuing with mine:

To that other guy, look if someone pointed out nicely and respectfully that yeah that 195 wasnt great, i have no problem with that. Its not great we can agree on that. But when you use it as a slam it's degrading.

Its no different that making fun of the poor kids clothes in grade school. We can say objectivley that yes Kmart clothing isnt the best quality, but when you start using it as a taunt its becomes something else entirely(and no its not a joke). We weren't all born rich and likewise we weren't all born as gifted as some. That however does not make them worse people or deserving of the "doctor" in quotations. These are life lessons someone else should have taught you, and if you think im what’s wrong with the world today, you should turn your proirity list 180 degrees.

Blue_guitar, No problem. I don't want a huge war here. It just annoys me that the Step I 195's perpetually troll on these forums and are jealous when people talk about higher Step I scores.

There is nothing wrong with a 195 and, equally, there is nothing wrong with a 260 or higher. It doesn't mean we're "gunners" or [comically] "losers" as uscman has loved to chide. it just means that we have put the time in to do extremely well. That's always been my point.

If you would please recall, my original infamous "195 comment" was posted when uscman made ridiculous, demeaning, and overtly jealous comments out of nowhere when the thread had originally been civil and well-meaning.

bigfrank said:
Blue_guitar, No problem. I don't want a huge war here. It just annoys me that the Step I 195's perpetually troll on these forums and are jealous when people talk about higher Step I scores.

There is nothing wrong with a 195 and, equally, there is nothing wrong with a 260 or higher. It doesn't mean we're "gunners" or [comically] "losers" as uscman has loved to chide. it just means that we have put the time in to do extremely well. That's always been my point.

If you would please recall, my original infamous "195 comment" was posted when uscman made ridiculous, demeaning, and overtly jealous comments out of nowhere when the thread had originally been civil and well-meaning.

Frank, you got a 265. Just ignore it. Don't let so-called "jealousy" get you down. Most people would be basking in the jealousness of others if they busted a score like yours! :laugh:

Pox in a box said:
Frank, you got a 265. Just ignore it. Don't let so-called "jealousy" get you down. Most people would be basking in the jealousness of others if they busted a score like yours! :laugh:
I think frankie j would take offense to your misinterpretation of his score. Afterall, i am sure he can REMIND you of his 267 with the pic of his sexy hand ;)

HiddenTruth said:
I think frankie j would take offense to your misinterpretation of his score. Afterall, i am sure he can REMIND you of his 267 with the pic of his sexy hand ;)

I wanted BF to correct me...that would prove whether he has learned to be humble.

I usually don't trust people when I first meet them. I have my reasons. Yet, I really think BigFrank tries to be as helpful as possible to those who need it. The guy worked his ass off to get that score. He deserves some credit from people. In the words of one of my friends "I'd drag my nuts in 1 mile of broken glass to get that kind of score!"

If it seems like he keeps repeating the fact that he crushed the boards, maybe its b/c someone always brings it up. Honestly, he's really not a bad guy. BigFrank, screw these people who are insecure. Keep posting your board study strategies. There are alot of people on SDN that benefit from them, including myself...:)

Pox, let's focus on the 2005 test-takers --- like you, ramoray, etc. I've had my moment in the sun and it's time for YOU ALL to shine as well.

P.S. Do a search through my posts and see when the last time I posted my Step I score by number. I think you'll be surprised. Others post it at least weekly, but I haven't done so in at least a year.

But I know how you like that picture!!!!!!! ;)

why would someone deserve "credit" for achieving a score. You should respect him no more than someone who fails. Your bound for dissapointment with a mentality like that.

uscman said:
why would someone deserve "credit" for achieving a score. You should respect him no more than someone who fails. Your bound for dissapointment with a mentality like that.

This is great, really it is!!!!!!!!

bigfrank said:
Pox, let's focus on the 2005 test-takers --- like you, ramoray, etc. I've had my moment in the sun and it's time for YOU ALL to shine as well.

P.S. Do a search through my posts and see when the last time I posted my Step I score by number. I think you'll be surprised. Others post it at least weekly, but I haven't done so in at least a year.

But I know how you like that picture!!!!!!! ;)

Bigfrank is the #1 MVP on this website. He's helped me out tremendously...I agree. Lay off frankie j. He seems cocky sometimes but is there really a way to say you rocked the boards without sounding proud? No.

uscman said:

I give credit to those who acheive and help to those who don't. Get a life and stop telling me how to live mine.

uscman said:

Yeahh you are right man no one should get "credit" for hard work and rocking the boards...........if that is true then they should have given your med school spot to someone who scored a 19 on the MCAT.............lets respect all the slackers..... :rolleyes:

P.S. Lay off BF newbie he has been helping all of us.

Pox in a box said:
I wanted BF to correct me...that would prove whether he has learned to be humble.

WOW.............tooooo many mind games.................this is why I will never understand women......... :laugh:

chak_de_phatee said:
WOW.............tooooo many mind games.................this is why I will never understand women......... :laugh:

Yup, I agree...women these days! ;)

HiddenTruth said:
Yup, I agree...women these days! ;)
I know! I don't know if Pox really likes me or really hates me, based on his/her postings.

bigfrank said:
I know! I don't know if Pox really likes me or really hates me, based on his/her postings.

i dont know how poeple keep up with the drama of this place.. you guys must be done studying.. fuklking eh

I know! It is the SDN Soap Opera. Starring................................

P.S. Yes, I'm done studying for awhile!! 7/7 Honors during the M-3 year. This should keep the rumor mill grinding!!! :laugh:

bigfrank said:

P.S. Yes, I'm done studying for awhile!! 7/7 Honors during the M-3 year. This should keep the rumor mill grinding!!! :laugh:
dude a 267 and 7/7 honors.. i mean you must have been beaten from birth with the ugliest ugly stick i can imagine... damn though... even a fugly with those stats gets my props! nice job

bigfrank said:

Do people at your school realize who you are on SDN?

bigfrank said:

Seriously though, you must be either sleeping around with the residents (provided that ramoray's theory doesn't hold true) or, you have an internal NBME connection? There is so much subjectivity in the grades for rotations.

HiddenTruth said:
Seriously though, you must be either sleeping around with the residents (provided that ramoray's theory doesn't hold true) or, you have an internal NBME connection? There is so much subjectivity in the grades for rotations.
I honestly don't know how it happened. But I didn't screw any residents. I go to an Eastern school where the girls tend to be colder than out west and more arrogant than in the midwest. Anyways, I'm happily married so it would never be an issue.

I actually got propositioned by a female OB resident on a weekend call night, but that's a much longer story for a different time, which also might contradict ramoray's seemingly iron-clad theory. :laugh: