Bench exam ! part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yasi

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
After long waiting bench extension has been approved
just want to know how many of you took or will take any course praparaton and if yes which course ucla duggan...
or just practicing yourself
any recommendation....????

Members don't see this ad.

I am so proud of her :) Excuse my exuberant .... I am so happy for her!

She thought she did very well in the Amalgam but got a low 60 instead (she scored well on her Amalgam in the mock exam). She made up for it by scoring 93 in her composite and 83 in her casting prep. This just illustrate the flakiness of the RT exam.

Congratulations to all those who passed ... and for those who didn't ... HANG IN THERE. The unfairness of the RT exam is a lack of measurement criteria and the exam is graded in a subjective manner. I am sure with the measurements and lots of practice most will eventually achieve their goal. I also know of a girl who appealed last time and received a pass. So if you score particular low in one part ... appeal. Also it helps to write to the dental board and ask for the critique on the failed part. It helped my wife. She scored 65 in her composite prep last time. The only thing different this time is she did it according to the board critique and her score improve by 28 points. Neither Duggan's nor Dr. Thaw measurement is correct in dental board's eye.

Well it has been an anxious and at times painstaking 4 years. Thanks for all the support. You guys are grand!

She thought she did very well in the Amalgam but got a low 60 instead (she scored well on her Amalgam in the mock exam). She made up for it by scoring 93 in her composite and 83 in her casting prep. This just illustrate the flakiness of the RT exam.

Congratulations to all those who passed ... and for those who didn't ... HANG IN THERE. The unfairness of the RT exam is a lack of measurement criteria and the exam is graded in a subjective manner. I am sure with the measurements and lots of practice most will eventually achieve their goal. I also know of a girl who appealed last time and received a pass. So if you score particular low in one part ... appeal. Also it helps to write to the dental board and ask for the critique on the failed part. It helped my wife. She scored 65 in her composite prep last time. The only thing different this time is she did it according to the board critique and her score improve by 28 points. Neither Duggan's nor Dr. Thaw measurement is correct in dental board's eye.

Well it has been an anxious and at times painstaking 4 years. Thanks for all the support. You guys are grand!

Congratulation to all who passed the exam
Tengu3, could u please explain more about this girl who appealed because i have a friend who took the exam 3 times and did not pass ( please pm me )

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Tengu

Heartiest Congratulations to you and your wife. Can you please check your pm and reply to me?

Thanks.

Several people asked me about the appeal process and how to apply for the critique.

To get a critique you can just write a request letter and they will send you the scoring cards with comments on the sections that you failed. They will not send that for the passing parts. After you receive the critique you can then decide whether to appeal or not. I believe you have 1-2 months afterwards to do that. Check my older posts in this thread on the basis for appealing.

In the last DB meeting the lawyer told me that the DB will usually just grant a free re-exam (and not counting the failed attempt) so I was surprised to learn that someone actually got the score changed to a pass.

The person who got the score changed is an acquaintance of my wife so I have no further information on how she did it.

I PASSED !!!!!Finally 4 years of sweat toil and hard work finally paid off
TOOK MY EXAM AT UOP IST DAY 75-80-78 good luck to all of you :) :luck:

HI THIS MESSAGE IS FOR CHIOPEA AND IVORINE DUST DID YOU GUYS GET YOUR RESULTS YET HAVE FAITH I AM SURE YOU MUST HAVE PASSED
:) pM ME

I have a question for all the people who have passed . Did all of you receive your typodont back ? Doea it have any correlation to whetheryou passed or failed about receiving the typodont early or later. Coz I have not receive my exam results , but have received my typodont last thursday . Pls reply answer my question , a little favour from all the people who passed the exam . And congratulation to all who passed , while good luck to all who are still waiting for their results . Thanks

It is really hard waiting .

hi I am new here, but know this website 2 months ago.

I pass: 80 78 75

but I have a friend failed.

I passed too !!

I scored 80. Amalgam-80, composite- 85 and casts - 75.

I took exam at USC 1st Day & received my typodent back last thursday .

Good luck to all who are still waiting for the result !!

I have a question for all the people who have passed . Did all of you receive your typodont back ? Doea it have any correlation to whetheryou passed or failed about receiving the typodont early or later. Coz I have not receive my exam results , but have received my typodont last thursday . Pls reply answer my question , a little favour from all the people who passed the exam . And congratulation to all who passed , while good luck to all who are still waiting for their results . Thanks

It is really hard waiting .

Yes, I got my typodont last week. I do not think there is a relation between getting the typodont and the result .....just assumptions.

It has been so long since I have written any posts here that I had forgotten how to log on. I guess that I had sort of given up on the whole Bench Test process. I just gradually came to think that we, and we being both my wife and all of you candidates out there, would never get a fair chance from California Dental Board. The behaviour of the Dental Board regarding the RT Exam has always been capricious and arbitrary.

Yet now that the candidate pool has been reduced through the attrition of the Dental Board's changes in the exam format and tricky little notice requirements, it appears that those who did persevere, will have a very good chance of passing.

So it was such a moment of relief and joy for our family when we got the test results and saw that my wife had passed the exam!

Congratulations to all of you who have passed the most recent exam and good luck to all of you who continue your quest. I encourage those of you who did not pass to concentrate on your preps and to have faith that during these upcoming final exam dates there is a very good chance that you will in fact pass the Restorative Technique Examination. For me and also for many of you, this has been a long struggle and I am happy for all of you who have finally achieved the success that you deserve.

Scott Clark

Members don't see this ad :)
Good Day All
congratulations to all who passed. and a pleasant good luck to who didn't pass.
i didn't receive my results yet. m.b Florida is the last state to receive the results, since its faaaaaaarrr and hottt:luck: +pity+
Good Luck all

Good Day All
congratulations to all who passed. and a pleasant good luck to who didn't pass.
i didn't receive my results yet. m.b Florida is the last state to receive the results, since its faaaaaaarrr and hottt:luck: +pity+
Good L
uck all[/QUOT

Hi strugling sisters and brothers. finelly after waiting for many long and tough years I recieved the green card (passing result). only now I know the meaning of the green card .thank god I can take deep relaxed breath. the night mare is over, at least for now.one down , one more to go,the last and final one .score 80,80 ,80. congradulation to those who passed and strong will and motivation to those who didnot . please please never ever loose the hope try again and do it better dont loose the confidance.what a nightmare ,what an ambiguos exam. good luck to all of you.

I got my husband phone call at work yesterday afternoon while I was pouring an alginate impression.....I asked several times "did you read it right????!!!!"
hahhahah
I still can't believe it guys.....Im afraid they sent to me somebody else results because they change my file # even thought is the same identification number (typodont number)...somebody notice the same???

amalgam 85
composite 85
cast 70
average 80

Gracias Dios mio!!!!:D

p.s congratulations Bansu and thanks for all the help!

After the long waiting and going back and forth at my P.O. Box.
I got the result...
amalgam-80
composite-75
Cast prep-83
total-79

Patience is a virtue.Good luck to all...

Si takure mahiwaga pa rin....

have you receive your typodont ? Congrats

yes I got it last week.
by the way, those who are not selected for this exam in Nov, better to call board to confirm board have their file. what is happening to one of my friends is he took exam in UOP in April, but was not selected this time, then I recommend him call board, the answer is:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we didn't receive your file or maybe we lose your file. you may resend your file now and we may arrange one position for you in Nov. but it is 3 weeks before exam. my freind decide to take next year.

I think board is carefulless for the document. just a hint.

Yes, there is a god! I passed the exam too after struggling for a very long time. UoP 1st day: Amalgam-85. Composite-85. Casting-78 Average-83.Yippeee!!!

Thanks AAD for answering my questions. I am so happy and glad praise the lord ! I passed . with amalgam 80 , composite 88, and cast 83 . average 84. Good luck to all who have not receive their results , Congratulations to all those who passed and don't lose hope and faith for all those who did not make it this time .

We all now know the truth about this exam . Good for all of us who have pass but for those who has not pass, don't hold too hard to this exam. I know it is easy to say that now but I was going crazy these past weeks. It has been CRUEL!!! and painful. Guys, if you still have more chances, don't give up. Take a break for a while and then go back practicing the preps. A friend of mine pass the exam in her last chance. I am very proud of her because she never gave up!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to ALL THE RT FOREIGN DENTISTS!!!

We all now know the truth about this exam . Good for all of us who have pass but for those who has not pass, don't hold too hard to this exam. I know it is easy to say that now but I was going crazy these past weeks. It has been CRUEL!!! and painful. Guys, if you still have more chances, don't give up. Take a break for a while and then go back practicing the preps. A friend of mine pass the exam in her last chance. I am very proud of her because she never gave up!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to ALL THE RT FOREIGN DENTISTS!!!

THANKS.

Dear all,

I passed my RT Exam UOP 2nd day.Long wait paid off, moving on to the next step.

Best of luck to all of you.

Thanks!

Hi
I have some part 3 and part 4 materials(including manikin and lubefree Star handpeice with Swivel) for sale at resonable price.If anybody is intrested pls PM me.

congratulations to all who passed the exam ..and good luck to all others ..i passed average 79
i'm so happy after 3 years of waiting and stress...
see you at the clinical

Start practicing for the april bench...its around the corner and it seems everybody will get a shot. Don't wait until the last minute!

if somebody has some information about the difference between taking the ca clinical or the wreb please post some advice!!

After long waiting bench extension has been approved
just want to know how many of you took or will take any course praparaton and if yes which course ucla duggan...
or just practicing yourself
any recommendation....????

hi everybody....
can anyone explain to me whay does the bench exam mean what is it and when we have to take it iam totaly new

Congratulations to all who passed and best wishes to those who did not.

My wife and I took the exam on UOP 12th Nov and we passed.

HAS ANYONE HEARD ABOUT THE DATES FOR NEXT EXAM?
I HAVE HEARD THAT NEXT ONE IS SCHEDULED IN FEBRUARY.:confused:

what do they assess, in colorado psychomotor skill assessment any idea...
can some one please tell.... what all do they test

Hi, could somebody please briefly illustrate advantages and disadvantages of wrbe and cal. clinical exam?if somebody has any idea, or has incountered this dilema before, I'm kind of lost between this two. thanks in advance.to does how didn't pass the rt, just take a little brake ,relaxe ,forget what happened and start to practice again , if I did it you can do it.good luck to all of us.
Ps, iverindust, soniavashist .bansu I know you guys passed the rt ,what is your opinion about this matter (wrbe or clinical).

hi did ivorine dust pass i pray he did i did not hear from him long time i am doing wreb
1. many states advantage
2. easier exam can take theory i mth before @ sylvan centre ,,can get patient approved one day before the exam,,so on exam day everything goes smoothly
3. results are out within two weeks
4. it is less hectic easier paced
5. law and ethics at a different day so it has breakdown
cal boards is everthing on the same day i mean 4 consecutive days
B

hi did ivorine dust pass i pray he did i did not hear from him long time i am doing wreb
1. many states advantage
2. easier exam can take theory i mth before @ sylvan centre ,,can get patient approved one day before the exam,,so on exam day everything goes smoothly
B

hi,
i myself don't know much about either cal board or wreb,i too am confused... i got most information from bansu... i too hope and pray ivorinedust passed,not read a post from him for long...
only am not sure that after passing wreb if u can practise any where except cal... and i have heard the prostho theory part of wreb is tough... and there is a endo part too... but what i have heard is that the pass rate is higher in wreb... but if u plan to give wreb,then put in ur application asap.. coz it fills up real fast.. i think i am going to go with cal boards.... but not before june 2007.... so good luck all...

1. many states advantage
B

thanks for prompt respond,it looks to me we guys even after passing the rt exam, still suffering from some of the abnormal symptoms that accuiared during the waiting period.( checking the forums every 15 minutes) .any ways I'm sorry for cousing some confusion regarding iverinedust,I'm not sure too.but lets hope the best.I would suggest to you to go to the licensure exams forum, there are some good threads,regarding wrbe, it might be helpfull .thanks a lot .still confusing to me, I'm not 100% convienced yet. good luck and keep the tradition of checking the the forums.!

thanks for prompt respond,it looks to me we guys even after passing the rt exam, still suffering from some of the abnormal symptoms that accuiared during the waiting period.( checking the forums every 15 minutes) .any ways I'm sorry for cousing some confusion regarding iverinedust,I'm not sure too.but lets hope the best.I would suggest to you to go to the licensure exams forum, there are some good threads,regarding wrbe, it might be helpfull .thanks a lot .still confusing to me, I'm not 100% convienced yet. good luck and keep the tradition of checking the the forums.!

I lean towards the clinical. bansu with no offence , it seems to me you have very optimistic opinion regarding wrbe, I hope it is really like that, but my gutts is telling me that it is still tough exam ,at least for me, it wouldn't be a cake walk, I really wish if I knew somebody who took the exam and shared his/her experiance.thank you so much for sharing your knowledge with us regarding this matter, and I really appreciate it.please keep me posted.one more thing,if we request a letter from CA board for wrbe, does that mean that we are limited to take the wrbe only or we could still take the clinical?

Anyone taking Duggan's long course starting Jan 9, 2007?
I'll be flying in from San Jose, CA for the course.

If there is a female student interested in sharing hotel overnight let me know.

Thanks!

hi all,

does anybody know of any review courses for the WREB here in the east coast?

any info would help, thanks! and btw, congratulations to those who passed the bench!
i never want to go through that again.

hi all,

does anybody know of any review courses for the WREB here in the east coast?

any info would help, thanks! and btw, congratulations to those who passed the bench!
i never want to go through that again.[/QUOTI

I live in east coast but have no idea!

Do all those who passed the RT, Do we need to submit the green form application now or should we wait until the schedule for 2007 is released?
Do we need to submit an original or photocopy of our license card and Certificate to license from our country of origin? Do we also need to resubmit our NDB written part 1 an 2 scores? When do we need to have the liability insurance? Can we get it now or later? and lastly, do we need also to have another live scan? Can anyone please tell me the step by step procedure in applying for the CA clinical exam and also the WREB. Hoping for a reply from anyone of you guys... Thank you very much... Again my congratulatons to all who passed. For those who did not, This is the time you have to be more DETERMINED and NEVER give up!!! you can do this, if only you'll believe!!!

B

It's Ivorinedust chiming in. I'd like to keep you wondering, Bansu. Did I pass or not?:)

Been sick for the last few days. HPN taking hold of me. Congrats to everyone.

Ivorinedust

"Apolonia, did you relieve my toothache?"

Hi,

I tried to loook for the licensure exam forum but could not find it. Please, can you specify where to look for it.

Thanks!

Hi,

I tried to loook for the licensure exam forum but could not find it. Please, can you specify where to look for it.

Thanks!

I have seen it somewhere,but not sure ,I will try to find it.after passing the rt, for couple of days I was in eiphoric state,sorry!

hi,
i myself don't know much about either cal board or wreb,i too am confused... i got most information from bansu... i too hope and pray ivorinedust passed,not read a post from him for long...
only am not sure that after passing wreb if u can practise any where except cal... and i have heard the prostho theory part of wreb is tough... and there is a endo part too... but what i have heard is that the pass rate is higher in wreb... but if u plan to give wreb,then put in ur application asap.. coz it fills up real fast.. i think i am going to go with cal boards.... but not before june 2007.... so good luck all...

I took the Wreb exam and found it to be better paced. It did not seem hectic since there was and extra half day to finish the exam. You have 2 and 1/2 days to complete the exam. Like bansu said the theoritical part can be taken, I think, upto 45 days before the clinical and 3 days after. Endo is the timed section- ie finish RC prep and fill in 4 hrs.
But as always case selection is very critical!! I was told that the WREB is looking for competence and not perfection. Their exams get filled very quickly especially the spring and summer ones.

Hi,
I have some clinical Exam materials/instruments for sale including an equilibrated coulumbia typodont. If anyone needs anything please PM me.

i have equilibrated typodont{columbia} and perio set of new instruments used only once.Plus i have syringes and mouth mirrors and all for ca clinical exam.

I took the Wreb exam and found it to be better paced. It did not seem hectic since there was and extra half day to finish the exam. You have 2 and 1/2 days to complete the exam. Like bansu said the theoritical part can be taken, I think, upto 45 days before the clinical and 3 days after. Endo is the timed section- ie finish RC prep and fill in 4 hrs.
But as always case selection is very critical!! I was told that the WREB is looking for competence and not perfection. Their exams get filled very quickly especially the spring and summer ones.

thanks for the valuable info,I was wondering which course would you recomend for WREB, and if there is any comprehansive reviews for the theoretic part.and lastly is there any offices that provide patients for this exam in the east cost?. thanks in advance.

thanks for the valuable info,I was wondering which course would you recomend for WREB, and if there is any comprehansive reviews for the theoretic part.and lastly is there any offices that provide patients for this exam in the east cost?. thanks in advance.

hey
I would sincerly suggest that if you are going to practice in california you should start thinking of moving here bettter soooon than later ...when you are closer here you will get all the patients and review courses ,,and all the info and help even if you group together with people who are taking the exam
that will be a big help over there you will be singled out
just a suggestion !!!!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.