Belmont University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven't gotten an invite either. I sent in my supplemental at around Christmas time. Perhaps I should be worried? For those who got invites, when did you turn in your supplemental?

I sent mine out during the Christmas season and still haven't received an invite yet. Did PharmCAS send your Academic Update to the schools yet? I'm just hoping that is the main reason why they haven't invited me yet, or otherwise I think I should start to worry soon.

Members don't see this ad.

I sent mine during Christmas season too and got an email interview invite and then a week afterwards a letter invite. If you didn't get invited for the 3rd or 17th of Feb, then I think their next round of interview is gonna be in March. How is everyone getting there? My drive is gonna be about 10 hours long. I'm so excited!!

I sent mine during Christmas season too and got an email interview invite and then a week afterwards a letter invite. If you didn't get invited for the 3rd or 17th of Feb, then I think their next round of interview is gonna be in March. How is everyone getting there? My drive is gonna be about 10 hours long. I'm so excited!!

Flying and rental car - Feb 3rd (forecast for snow on 2nd & 3rd, btw)

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't gotten an invite either. I sent in my supplemental at around Christmas time. Perhaps I should be worried? For those who got invites, when did you turn in your supplemental?

november

Yeah its strange...ive gotten interviews at every school i applied to except Belmont (CCP, University of Tenn., Creighton, among others). Although they did send me a email saying they just received my application today, even though i sent it in in november. Strange...owell already been accepted elsewhere but i would have liked to have seen what belmont had to offer.

did anyone get an email from Belmont for their BU4U, their personal portal. What is this anyways. I have not been invited yet for an interview, so what is this anyways?

did anyone get an email from Belmont for their BU4U, their personal portal. What is this anyways. I have not been invited yet for an interview, so what is this anyways?

I just did. wtf?

I got one too, and those 2 emails were received ~2 AM. I know they updated my status on PharmCAS a few weeks ago.

yeah, it doesn't really make sense; I haven't been offered an interview yet.

yeah, it doesn't really make sense; I haven't been offered an interview yet.

Maybe they sent this to those who haven't gotten interview invites yet. There's no point in sending this to those with invites already. However, I am looking forward to hear from them soon when my academic update is out.

it was a mistake.

it was a mistake.

Yea, I just got that email saying that they're going to make one for Graduate Students and will send us the new login and password.

i applied back in August and still haven't heard from them..

It was quite funny but initially scary when i received a envelope from Belmont before Christmas and while I was opening it my heart was pounding and then it said "Happy Holidays!" and I was like :eek: :D

Pretty gut-wrenching. I heard that they have already invited the first batch already...

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone interviewed on Feb 3. How was it? one-one interview right?

Maybe they sent this to those who haven't gotten interview invites yet. There's no point in sending this to those with invites already. However, I am looking forward to hear from them soon when my academic update is out.

I received the emails as well. There was no mention yesterday of using this for us or not. I forgot to ask about it. They could use it in the same manner as Midwestern. Who knows?

I heard that they have already invited the first batch already...

Not only have they invited the first batch, but they have completed their interviews. I interviewed yesterday with the rest of the first round of applicants.

anyone interviewed on Feb 3. How was it? one-one interview right?

Yes, the interview portion is one-on-one and slotted for 30 minutes. Don't stress too much, they are not there to grill you.

Yes, the interview portion is one-on-one and slotted for 30 minutes. Don't stress too much, they are not there to grill you.

where did you stay and how much did you pay for the taxi from the aiport to your hotel/motel? I just don't want to be hustle by those taxi.

where did you stay and how much did you pay for the taxi from the aiport to your hotel/motel? I just don't want to be hustle by those taxi.

I stayed at LaQuinta and used a rental car. Don't know how much a taxi would be.

I stayed at LaQuinta and used a rental car. Don't know how much a taxi would be.

Belmont is close to the airport right? ten to fifteen minutes? how many people in this round of interview? what is your impression of the school?

Belmont is close to the airport right? ten to fifteen minutes? how many people in this round of interview? what is your impression of the school?

About 15 minutes depending on traffic. There were about 40-50 interviewees.

The school... Awesome! They have a unique curriculum program they call pillars. The campus has expanded like crazy over the past few years. They have a beautiful campus. Very small and intimate.

They are currently building a new pharmacy building. It is slated to open fall 2010.

Now the wait begins. Should know something in 2 weeks.

Days Inn was pretty cheap. 60 dollars with tax. Rent a car with enterprise, I think they have the cheapest rates for those of you under 25 (everyone charges an extra 40 dollars).

Days Inn was pretty cheap. 60 dollars with tax. Rent a car with enterprise, I think they have the cheapest rates for those of you under 25 (everyone charges an extra 40 dollars).

Days Inn At The Stadium/Downtown right? How was the hotel experience? My previous hotel experiences were not so good. I just want to be able to sleep at night.

Days Inn At The Stadium/Downtown right? How was the hotel experience? My previous hotel experiences were not so good. I just want to be able to sleep at night.

Best Western Mardi Gras in Vegas wasn't too bad was it? At least I thought it wasn't too bad for $40.

Best Western Mardi Gras in Vegas wasn't too bad was it? At least I thought it wasn't too bad for $40.

I could not sleep at all. Way too noisy. The people next to my room stay up and party all night. Some freaking guy turn on the car's headlight and park in front of my room. I think i got a total of 4 hours of sleep on that day. the lucky thing is that the interview is at 11 on that day.

I could not sleep at all. Way too noisy. The people next to my room stay up and party all night. Some freaking guy turn on the car's headlight and park in front of my room. I think i got a total of 4 hours of sleep on that day. the lucky thing is that the interview is at 11 on that day.

Haha, I got lucky because my room was located on the 2nd floor facing the swimming pool in the middle. Thank goodness I didn't have to worry about time zone change and that my interview was in the late morning (the one right before you).

It was not bad at all. No noise at all. I thought it was really good. Cold when you first get there, but just cranked up the heat and it was warm in 20 minutes. They had a waffle maker too for breakfast. I was satisfied. About 20 minutes away from Belmont.

I went to the one near the airport. Murfreeboro st. or something.

Last edited:
soooo, i got a phone call on 2/6 around noon. the admissions committee just met in the morning. andddd i got accepted! i was at the first round of interviews that was 2/3. they'll be sending letters out next week supposedly...

Does belmont have full accredation?

No, they seated their first class this year, so they are now in the "Candidate" stage. They can't get fully accredited until that class graduates in 2012.

I wouldn't let this scare you away though. I had an interview on 2/3 and was wowed by their school. They are very committed to this program. It's not just something they are trying to add to their school. They didn't say this, but it is apparent that they are trying to add this to be a flagship of their school.

Before people ask, I sent in my supplemental around Thanksgiving time.

I also got a phone call on Friday, 2/6 saying that I was accepted. Although I got accepted to two other programs already, I was so impressed by Belmont that I have decided to go there.

Stats:
Completed all pre-reqs
Science/Math GPA: 3.26
Overall GPA: 3.44
PCAT Composite: 80
Pharmacy tech for 3 years (2 of which have been at a Peds Hospital)
Community Service 3+ years

Does anyone know if they have a requirement for PCAT score in terms of range?

FYI, they're still pre-candidate status. Not Candidate status according to their website

Does anyone know if they have a requirement for PCAT score in terms of range?

FYI, they're still pre-candidate status. Not Candidate status according to their website

I don't think they have a minimum PCAT requirement, but they look at each applicant differently. I thought I read this somewhere either on PharmCAS or their website. For the average range of accepted students last year, I don't know.

I contacted them and they said there's no minimum PCAT score...

i just got an invite march 3rd!!! im on cloud 90 rite now!!!!!!!! , i had to leave the library to the restroom just to scream yayyyyyyyy:D

hey me too. I'm pretty excited I really like Nashville. Ill see ya there.

any ideas of hotels and airports close to the school, ??

I also got an interview invitation today for March 3rd. I'm incredibly excited, see you there!! :)

I got an email around 9a today for an interview on 3/3 (Tues). I sent my apps in around Nov. I'm not sure if I will accept it.

It's a 4 year program right? Anyone has a clue of how much tuition is? I see that the estimate is $15k/semester....what about living expenses included?

I got an email around 9a today for an interview on 3/3 (Tues). I sent my apps in around Nov. I'm not sure if I will accept it.

It's a 4 year program right? Anyone has a clue of how much tuition is? I see that the estimate is $15k/semester....what about living expenses included?

I'm a current pharmacy student at Belmont, and tuition is currently $12K per semester. Living expenses is not included. And yes it's a 4-year program.

I'm a current pharmacy student at Belmont, and tuition is currently $12K per semester. Living expenses is not included. And yes it's a 4-year program.

How is the rent there? Do they have financial aid or it's soley private loan? thanks

How is the rent there? Do they have financial aid or it's soley private loan? thanks

If you're looking to live on your own in an apartment, it's approximately 600-800 for a 1 bedroom. There are a few people in the class spending around 1000 for a nice 1 bedroom. It just depends where you live. Bellevue is cheaper, but I wouldn't say it's the greatest neighborhood.

They have financial aid. Do correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that applying for financial aid through FAFSA, you're eligible up to $33,500 (total of subsidized and unsubsidized). And if you're and out-of-state incoming student, you'll probably need to take out loans to the cost of attendance which is a little over $42,000. This can be done through private loans. There are many students who took out money up til the cost of attendance and honestly it's barely enough. I live on my own, and that's probably why I'm struggling to pay. $42,000 will allow to pay for tuition and living expenses for about 8 to 10 months, depending on your living expenses. I think many of the students are planning to work during the summer to make it through the summer until we get imbursed with more loans for the fall. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you could make $42,000 work if you were frugal and never went out to eat, or went to watch movies, etc. I currently pay $650 for rent with utilities (electric and water), cable tv, and internet about $900. Factor in more money for gas and groceries, an additional $300-400 it's about $1300 dollars a month.

If you do choose to take out for private loans, do some research between bank loans and the Grad PLUS loans. From my understanding Grad PLUS loan interest rates are between 7-8%, but I was able to get a deal with my bank for a loan interest rate, based on my credit score, for 4-5%. Good luck and feel free to PM or post more questions. I'll be glad to answer them.

Does anyone have an idea of what the pillars is all about?

did you guys email the resume or turn it in during the interview day? i emailed my resume in a week ago but did not receive any confirmation back yet. should i bring another one and submit them during the interview.

did you guys email the resume or turn it in during the interview day? i emailed my resume in a week ago but did not receive any confirmation back yet. should i bring another one and submit them during the interview.

I would email them. They never ask for them and so I never gave them mine until after the interview. I'm not sure if it is important for the interview or if they even use it at all all until they review your file again.

Does anyone have an idea of what the pillars is all about?

Dr. Hobson, please feel free to correct me if I'm not 100% correct.

The pillars are basically electives. You pick one of the four paths you think you would like to practice. In my opinion, they are sorta like "mini-post doctoral residencies." They do not result in additional degrees or anything. They do envision collaborating with the Massey Graduate School of Business Administration to someday offer a joint PharmD/MBA program.

I emailed mine to Dr. Chumney. She replied and let me know that she received it.

I would call and make sure they have it. I intended to take mine with me, but somewhere between the rental car and hotel, it ended up missing, so I emailed it in.

Mine was not asked for either.

Dr. Hobson, please feel free to correct me if I'm not 100% correct.

The pillars are basically electives. You pick one of the four paths you think you would like to practice. In my opinion, they are sorta like "mini-post doctoral residencies." They do not result in additional degrees or anything. They do envision collaborating with the Massey Graduate School of Business Administration to someday offer a joint PharmD/MBA program.

so is there a website for this or do they tell you about it during the interview tours?