Belmont University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes, I did speak to Ginger. I'm in the bottom half just like you. :( Well, we'll see what happens by the end of July. Have you heard from your other schools?

I was dumb and hard headed so I only applied to TWO schools: UOP and Belmont. BTW, I got rejected by UOP.

I have an appointment with Veronica at UOP this Friday about 'how to improve my application'. Although UOP is my first choice, I do not mind living in Tennessee. I want to get over school already so that I can start my own family. Been waiting forever to have kids! (I plan to have kids AFTER I finish school so that I can give 100% attention to pharmacy.)

I thought I read something in your post in a different thread that you got accepted to a pharmacy school already. Is that correct?

Members don't see this ad.

I was dumb and hard headed so I only applied to TWO schools: UOP and Belmont. BTW, I got rejected by UOP.

I have an appointment with Veronica at UOP this Friday about 'how to improve my application'. Although UOP is my first choice, I do not mind living in Tennessee. I want to get over school already so that I can start my own family. Been waiting forever to have kids! (I plan to have kids AFTER I finish school so that I can give 100% attention to pharmacy.)

I thought I read something in your post in a different thread that you got accepted to a pharmacy school already. Is that correct?

Yea, I did get accepted to Mississippi. I don't know, but I want to weigh all of my options by the end of this summer. I was really impressed with Belmont when I was there for the interview though.

By the way, Ginger did mention that the average GPA and PCAT of accepted applicants were around a 3.3 and a 66.

Yea, I did get accepted to Mississippi. I don't know, but I want to weigh all of my options by the end of this summer. I was really impressed with Belmont when I was there for the interview though.

By the way, Ginger did mention that the average GPA and PCAT of accepted applicants were around a 3.3 and a 66.

I must have bombed the interview because I got waitlisted.

Members don't see this ad :)
i am in the middle of the list,,, hopefully thats a good enough spot tho!!!

I am trying to locate Belmont on Pharmcas but cannot find it. Why isn't it there?

Its starting to get close, im moving to Nashville in less than 2 months. Anyone else getting excited? Has anyone recieved their copy of the background check since submitting it, or know if they actually contacted your current/past supervisors? I know my current hasn't heard from them yet.

The background check process is often executed using a number of avenues that do not require contacting direct supervisors, particularly if employment was in large organizations. Often much of the employment history verification process can be accomplished by accessing such data as payroll tax info and social security contribution history. The major reason for a direct call to an HR office is to reconcile really disparate findings. In most cases, employment history flags are minor differences between the employee's statement of dates of employment and the employers records, or differences in claims of job title.

In cases where true red flags appear, I take the lead in working with the background check service and the applicant to reconcile the facts so that a quick determination can be made as to whether or not the finding jepordizes the ability to either matriculate or to sit for licensure at a later date. Thankfully, these events are few.

I look forward to meeting each of you in late August.

Dr. Eric H. Hobson
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Belmont USOP

News from Belmont's corner office:

I hope that you all appreciate the importance of the following information: on Monday of this week, we were informed that Belmont has been moved to Candidate status by the Accreditation Council on Pharmacy Education (ACEP). This is the fastest movement possible within the current accreditation guidelines and reflects the Council's confidence in the program at Belmont at our faculty.

I hope each of you are as excited by this news as we are.

Eric H. Hobson, Ph.D.
Associate Dean
Belmont USOP

WOW! This is great news, thanks Dr. Hobson!

You are welcome.
And, at the end of a very busy week, it was a refreshing thing to be able to share this news with interested parties.
BTW, we crank up the new academic year in less than 8 weeks.

Dr. H

Great news! Thanks Dr. Hobson! We really appreciate the updates!

I signed a lease with Brentwood Oaks Apts. anyone else from 2013 there? I heard that a few of the 2012 students are there hoping we can ride together.

How is everyone within the waitlist?