Becoming a dentist via nursing as an international student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Doom2021

Reaction score
Hello. I am a foreigner. Originally I wanted to apply for Bachelors in Biological Science in order to work for one year in my specialty and apply for the Canadian PR. This was a preliminary for applying to dental schools because the tuition for foreigners is rather draconian. However, after familiarizing myself with the current labor market, I understood that I won't be able to find a job just with a Bachelors degree. So I laid my eye on nursing. Is there any probability of success? How hard is it to gain necessary science prerequisites while studying nursing or after graduating in order to matriculate in dental schools?

I will be more than grateful for any help. Sorry for the "superfluous verbiage".

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm not sure we have as much expertise in this forum, especially when you're talking about Canadian nursing programmes. I'm not sure exactly if there is a proper venue for your question unless someone else has something. Have you talked with anyone in admissions at those programmes?

I'm not sure we have as much expertise in this forum, especially when you're talking about Canadian nursing programmes. I'm not sure exactly if there is a proper venue for your question unless someone else has something. Have you talked with anyone in admissions at those programmes?
Thanks! Not yet. I'm just a little desperate because I think that the point of my inquiry is pretty specific; hereby I do not really count on it.

Members don't see this ad :)
A BS in nursing is always a good alternative for marketability after graduation; however, the basic dental school prerequisites (biology, general chemistry, organic/biochem) may or may not be adequate preparation from nursing school alone.

A BS in nursing is always a good alternative for marketability after graduation; however, the basic dental school prerequisites (biology, general chemistry, organic/biochem) may or may not be adequate preparation from nursing school alone.
Thanks. But isn't there a way to get dental prerequisite credits while studying for a BSN just by applying to additional science courses?

Thanks. But isn't there a way to get dental prerequisite credits while studying for a BSN just by applying to additional science courses?
Assuming you can fit the ds prereqs into your nursing school schedule.

Reactions: 1 user