Baylor College of Medicine Class of 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
zzz1 said:
Does anyone know how and when to purchase the health insurance through Baylor? Does anyone know how much is it and how to sign up for it as an incoming first year? Thanks!

I think its around 2K and you are automatically enrolled in the health insurance program unless you provide a waiver. You will be given more info about the waiver during orientation.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else still waiting on PRN notification? Just wondering if they lost my form, or if I should send another?

pcarlson05 said:
Anyone else still waiting on PRN notification? Just wondering if they lost my form, or if I should send another?

i'm still waiting, and i know of a couple more people who have yet to get anything either.

Members don't see this ad :)
has anybody heard anything from BCM lately regarding orientation or school starting?

i got an email today about background checks, but nothing about orientation or prn.

I wouldnt worry to much if you haven't received your PRN letters. In regard to orientation, the website should tell you when and where to meet (probably Alkek around 8ish on MOnday).

Does anyone know if Baylor's got intramural sports? I love volleyball and would be thrilled if they've got one. Oh, and if you'd like to start up a Baylor volleyball posse with me, PM me :)

Yes, and volleyball is one of them if you join the Baylor athletic facility.

cyanutopia said:
Does anyone know if Baylor's got intramural sports? I love volleyball and would be thrilled if they've got one. Oh, and if you'd like to start up a Baylor volleyball posse with me, PM me :)

Several Baylor teams participate in intramural spots at UTRec Center.

I just received my PRN letter. I think it all depends on which group you belong in

Miss155 said:
I just received my PRN letter. I think it all depends on which group you belong in

i got mine too. i am in public enema.

i'm in gangrene day :) these names are hilarious--rolling histones, boyz II menopause, diabeatles, simon and garbuncle...

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm in tom petty and the pacemakers

Seona said:
i'm in gangrene day :) these names are hilarious--rolling histones, boyz II menopause, diabeatles, simon and garbuncle...
Ok guys, now that I've met you, I want to know who the SDNers are.

I'm Ashira

How was orientation? Any food poisoning or natural disasters?

Seona said:
Hey Ashira,

I'm Alison. I remember meeting you!
oh hey! I remember you too. It's always weird to meet people in person that you see post on SDN

In other news, an MS3 told me about this web page that a med student made a couple years ago. It's called fuzzy mittens and it gives some good information on classes and concepts. It looks like a good study tool because some of it tells you what the prof expects and what to study. You guys should check it out

redbeans said:
How was orientation? Any food poisoning or natural disasters?
nah, all was well apart from a little rain. Our class is pretty cool and (so I've heard from MS2-4s) very attractive.

LadyJubilee8_18 said:
nah, all was well apart from a little rain. Our class is pretty cool and (so I've heard from MS2-4s) very attractive.

I guess that really says a lot about their classes ;)

Seona said:
I guess that really says a lot about their classes ;)

Now, now. Let's wait until you've got a couple of blocks of classes (and a few months of Houston weather) under your belt and we'll see how pretty everyone is then. ;)

BetaXeta said:
Now, now. Let's wait until you've got a couple of blocks of classes (and a few months of Houston weather) under your belt and we'll see how pretty everyone is then. ;)
We'll be hot no matter what. I'd say I'll show you, but I know you'll be watching ;)