bay path college?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What are the two sections? I know for sure I'm going.

Members don't see this ad.

They haven't sent out the schedules yet but the students will be split into different sections to make the class size smaller.

I'm coming all the way from Texas just finished my bachelors here.. I'm booked to fly in July got to figure out transpo we have Level 1 Fieldwork (OTP 521, 522, and 523), 25 hours for each fieldwork. I have $1,800 saved from my part time job for the Level 1 Fieldwork taxi will have to do. Level 2 fieldwork is 24 weeks long 40 hrs a week..They told me it's very possible to do my fieldwork in Syracuse NY they had a student at The Centers at St. Camillus in Syracuse, NY. It means I can stay with a friend of the family in Syracuse NY and she takes me to fieldwork, no car issue. I can swing all the rest cause my rental with my roomie is in longmeadow and they have the van shuttle for like walmart, mall etc..

The concern is Integrated Anatomy OTP 502..not sure if lab is off campus when I read the course it said it was off campus but when I asked they told me it's not off campus. If it is at Springfield College like some have said, I was told you can take bus G5 to G3 to get from Bay Path College to Springfield College. They did tell me there isn't anything else for transpo just Fieldwork 1, 2 and OTP 502. Trying to avoid buying a car two years car expense to than sale it and fly home.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm coming all the way from Texas just finished my bachelors here.. I'm booked to fly in July got to figure out transpo we have Level 1 Fieldwork (OTP 521, 522, and 523), 25 hours for each fieldwork. I have $1,800 saved from my part time job for the Level 1 Fieldwork taxi will have to do. Level 2 fieldwork is 24 weeks long 40 hrs a week..They told me it's very possible to do my fieldwork in Syracuse NY they had a student at The Centers at St. Camillus in Syracuse, NY. It means I can stay with a friend of the family in Syracuse NY and she takes me to fieldwork, no car issue. I can swing all the rest cause my rental with my roomie is in longmeadow and they have the van shuttle for like walmart, mall etc..

The concern is Integrated Anatomy OTP 502..not sure if lab is off campus when I read the course it said it was off campus but when I asked they told me it's not off campus. If it is at Springfield College like some have said, I was told you can take bus G5 to G3 to get from Bay Path College to Springfield College. They did tell me there isn't anything else for transpo just Fieldwork 1, 2 and OTP 502. Trying to avoid buying a car two years car expense to than sale it and fly home.

Dr. Vaughn sent an email out a couple weeks ago.. (just looked, May 24th) to those of us that put our info on the housing list to find roommates together. She said to get back to her when we find out about what town we'll be living in, and if we have roommates in the program, so carpooling for labs can be organized. I wouldn't worry about not having a car for labs for this reason. I would email and let her know if you're you're living in Longmeadow and that you don't have a car, and are looking to carpool for labs. Most likely a couple other people in the program will be living close by that have a car.

I got a reply from them and they told me not to worry about transpo.
They have a van shuttle that takes you to walmart, mall etc.. BPC informs the students of the shuttle's schedule through e-mail or a post on the school's online bulletin board, they organize car pooling for class OTP 502 lab, fieldwork 1 you can use the taxi service with the BPC student bill later option and they place those without cars in locations with distance they can manage, and fieldwork 2 they help students be where they want to be in location or in a location with a bus.

In regards to the taxi: I found out for bay path college students it's reduced rate and you get the bill later, but in my case I'd pay the taxi bill with my saved money.

Just know it'll work out BPC does all they can to help the transpo situation for the students. I was nervous about my flight booked in July due to this reason, but feel a lot better now. :)

Last edited:
hahahah umm actually they accepted 130 kids and almost all are coming!!!!! (trust me)

don't worry about transportation everyone is really nice!! i am sure u can find rides from your classmates!!!!! (2nd years are nice anyways)

I am applying for Bay Path for fall of 2013. I know they have rolling admissions. If I have everything into them by september when is the earliest you think I could hear an answer by??

Thanks =)

I called and asked and they said that they don't start looking at applications until January and it won't be to your advantage to apply any earlier than that.

I was accepted for this year in the beginning of December.. I got my application in in September.

Could someone tell me how hard it is to get into Bay Path? I will be applying to Bay Path for fall 2013. My gpa is around 3.7 and pre req is 3.75. I have 100 hours observing OTs. Thanks!

Ditto. I'm applying this year for fall 2013 with a 3.5 prereq and 3.4 cumulative. 150+ hours observation. I'm incredibly nervous!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody starting this 2012 have an open room possible near BPC private message me?

Last edited:
Why did I get an email from BP saying that it wasn't too late to apply to graduate school for classes that begin in October??? I find that hard to believe, and would think that the OT department already has selected its students ??

Prob by accident or for another program def not OT they are a little more unorganized this year than they typical are...they have more students than usual. BPC has already started classes for OT 2012.

Last edited:
Hi,

I am applying to Bay Path for fall 2013. I sent in my transcripts and my recommendations are already in the mail (I have been told). I am planning to send my personal statement and resume early next week. Do you know if I need to send anything else to them for my application? Is there anywhere to put my observational hours? I have over 116 OT observation hours.

Also, what do you think my chances are? My undergraduate GPA is only 3.36, but I went to a top ten liberal arts college. I have not finished all my prerequisites, but I have a 4.0 for the ones I have finished and am registered for the others for spring 2013. It looks like they do not take the GRE, but I did well on that.

Thanks for any information you have!

Ask them if you can take the test for Stats and if you pass they will give you credit for it

What company gave you that offer. I am in my last semester of OT school and I'm looking for a job that will pay some of my tuition loans.

I applied to BPC and have to say I am a bit disappointed in their organization. I put a lot of efforts to plan my pre-reqs in order to be considered for admissions and start on time and I just found out that they don't take pre-req older than 5 years (not only science class but ALL of them). So now I have to take that one missing class I didn't plan for and registering for Spring is too late for a lot of colleges around me. I really wish that it said that somewhere on their website because I just wasted my time applying there!

Not many put it on there website its best to ask on the policy or you wont find out until after they see ur transcript.

I doubt all the classes my friend is at BPC..so you mean your stats and science? In which she had to take to make it current but thats a lot of schools. It just depends on the class its possible they just didnt feel it would help you later unless you take that missing class..its not an easy school and they have reason at BPC you will use statistics its heavy in the research paper and science includes neuroscience, integrated anatomy etc...which is no piece of cake at this school she failed one of the exams came out okay but it was rough lot of campus tutoring she said they all needed tutoring. The papers are many to prepare you for the research paper they are strict on APA. Im thinking your science or statistics could even be english with how they are on APA if not whatever class it is assure you they have reason and that class it likely builds upon what you will be learning at BPC...its a great school she likes it but its def hardwork they give a full load of classes on top that paper... she doesnt work its to much.

Last edited:
Not many put it on there website its best to ask on the policy or you wont find out until after they see ur transcript.

I doubt all the classes my friend is at BPC..so you mean your stats and science? In which she had to take to make it current but thats a lot of schools. It just depends on the class its possible they just didnt feel it would help you later unless you take that missing class..its not an easy school and they have reason at BPC you will use statistics its heavy in the research paper and science includes neuroscience, integrated anatomy etc...which is no piece of cake at this school she failed one of the exams came out okay but it was rough lot of campus tutoring she said they all needed tutoring. The papers are many to prepare you for the research paper they are strict on APA. Im thinking your science or statistics could even be english with how they are on APA if not whatever class it is assure you they have reason and that class it likely builds upon what you will be learning at BPC...its a great school she likes it but its def hardwork they give a full load of classes on top that paper... she doesnt work its to much.
No, it is a sociology/anthropology or culture class. All my other pre-reqs are up to date. While I understand what you are saying about asking, I have been in contact with Lynn since May asking if class X or class Y would meet the requirements, not once did she say "oh and it has to have been taken within 5 years". Just an overall feeling of disappointment. Could be the fact that I am super anal about this kind of things! Ha

Is there an interview for BPC? And how do they let you know if you received an interview or acceptance (phone call, e-mail, etc)

I have just run into the 5 year recency requirement for the Sociology, Anthropology and Culture Prerequisite at BPC. Although I had competed this requirement with an A, I was told it was too long ago. That is fine but now I need to fulfill this requirement with something. It has been a little frustrating figuring what that something is due to the fact "culture" is nowhere defined on their website. Culture usually means aesthetics/art history or a broad range of humanities courses. I had CLEPped the Humanities exam recently with a near perfect score, that was turned down. I will probably CLEP the Sociology or Anthropology exams if they will approve them.

Regarding the 5 year recency requirement, BPC has a Physicians Assistant program that explicitly states that all Prerequisites must be taken in the last 10 years. What gives with the same graduate admissions staff at BPC being unable to update a website with critical information like this even more draconian 5 year window? By the way, nearly every school that has a recency requirement for prerequisites states it explicitly on their website. In this regard, BPC is an outlier.

Update: Bay Path edited their OT admissions page this week so now the 5 year recency requirement for prerequisites is clearly spelled out (in bold print) for future applicants. I am really glad to see how responsive they were with this situation.

The Bay Path MOT program looks great, I would love to be admitted. I just hope they are able to post their policies in writing on their website so applicants can plan their coursework accordingly for next years admission cycle. I trust this is not an indication of the Bay PathMOT programs's organization. However, when a program in the same graduate school admissions office is able to post similar information, you have to wonder.

Last edited:
Is there anyone who is attending Bay Path this year?

I haven't even heard back from Bay Path yet. Has anyone else/does anyone know when we should be hearing back?

Students will be notified via email at the end of March or early April.

Hello All,
Any info on the Fall 2013. Any one got any responses yet?

i applied at the last minute. right on 3/1/2013 deadline.
Nothing yet from BPC. Called today and left a message asking what my applicaiton status is.

does anyone know if they have interview?? or 30min essay?

Hello All,
Any info on the Fall 2013. Any one got any responses yet?

Nothing yet here! I sent an email back in January to Lynn George asking an approximation of when applications would be reviewed/when we would hear a response. She told me that (at that time) the date wasn't set, but they started reviewing mid-February and we would hear back sometime between the end of February and March.

So hopefully we'll hear back sometime soon!

I have not heard from bay path yet.Lynn told me that I will know about their decision at the end of march.

Hey Guys,

I just got accepted to Bay Path OT program. I am definitely going there.I will receive an official acceptance letter via email in the second week of April. I look forward to meeting students who will be attending Bay path!

Hey Guys,

I just got accepted to Bay Path OT program. I am definitely going there.I will receive an official acceptance letter via email in the second week of April. I look forward to meeting students who will be attending Bay path!

kuzya!!

i did they notify you?? e-mail?
i'm desperately waiting for the acceptance letter.
did you do an interview??

Congrats Kuzya! I just found out I was accepted too as well :) I will receive an official acceptance letter via email in the middle of April.

kuzya!!

@ hotpebbles, I got a call from Lynn that I have been accepted.There was no interview.

kuzya!!

When did you apply? I believe they just started notifying people of their acceptances so you should get a call this week :)

Congrats Kuzya! I just found out I was accepted too as well :) I will receive an official acceptance letter via email in the middle of April.

Thanks OT2016. Congrats to you as well :) So will you be attending Bay Path or you have other colleges that you applied to.

Kudos to both of you! Kuzya and OT2016, do you mind posting your stats? Waiting for a call from Bay Path now. Thanks for the heads up that they are notifying applicants now.

Congratz Kuzya and OT2016!! Still waiting...

Hey Guys,

Congrats kuzya. I was just wondering when you applied to Bay Path. Thanks

Thanks for the info. I'm getting nervous. Still nothing :(. I applied last week of February.
You welcome Garywoo. I guess they have so many people to call that is why you have not heard from them yet.Hopefully by next week you will hear from them.Good luck :)

You welcome Garywoo. I guess they have so many people to call that is why you have not heard from them yet.Hopefully by next week you will hear from them.Good luck :)

i'm getting so nervous.
tomorrow's the last day of MARCH!!!!!
WHERE'S MY ACCEPTANCE CALL??? :boom:

.....worst week ever. so depressing.

When was the last time anyone got a call from Bay Path? I won't be attending the school, but I haven't heard anything and I'm just curious. Especially since I got everything into them by the end of October...

yeah. who DID get a call/e-mail/or whatever. -_-

i'm calling Lynn if i don't get anything by the end of this week.

I submitted my application in January. When I spoke to Lynn George to make sure everything in my file was complete and recieved, she mentioned that my file would be looked at in February, and I would be notified of a decision in March. I haven't recieved any type of notification yet. I just emailed Lynn yesterday, but I she hasn't responded yet. I'm wondering if they are waiting on the first round of students to send in their deposits before they notify more people of their acceptances?