Barry Residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crave888

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Just a quick question bout residency from Barry.
Is it difficult to score a good placement after Barry? I know the answer is, just have a good academic standing and such, but does the name really carry weight?
I'm worried that after graduating from Barry, I wont be able to find anything in NY (my hometown).. any suggestions would be great!

Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone! Just a quick question bout residency from Barry.
Is it difficult to score a good placement after Barry? I know the answer is, just have a good academic standing and such, but does the name really carry weight?
I'm worried that after graduating from Barry, I wont be able to find anything in NY (my hometown).. any suggestions would be great!

Thanks guys!

I personally am looking at a few programs in the state of NY and none of them imposed a restriction like you mentioned. As you already know, they want to see a solid GPA, and a demonstration that you are easy to work with. However, statistically speaking - Many of the NY programs are occupied by Temple and NYCPM graduates - is it because the programs give preference to these students? I doubt that, but possibly because more students from these schools apply to these residencies in NY in comparison to those applying from the other colleges of podiatric medicine.

the programs in NY and NJ are not exclusive to NYCPM or Temple. They just want good residents.