B/w UAB & U@Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cutiepie83

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK GUYS..SO I've just been admitted to U@Albany.

So far, out of all the school I've been admitted to, I'm choosing between U@Albany & U of Alabama. I'm steering towards U @ Albany b/c of its association with NY State department and its closeness to my home. On the other hand, U @ Alabama is ranked # 15.... does the ranking REALLY matter?

I'd like to hear your input.

Members don't see this ad.

Actually U@albany is supposed to have a very rigorous MPH program. So depending upon your priorities you can decide, which university best suits your needs. Also it will be great, if other people who are already in this field can reply as to what their impresions are?

cutiepie83 said:
OK GUYS..SO I've just been admitted to U@Albany.

So far, out of all the school I've been admitted to, I'm choosing between U@Albany & U of Alabama. I'm steering towards U @ Albany b/c of its association with NY State department and its closeness to my home. On the other hand, U @ Alabama is ranked # 15.... does the ranking REALLY matter?

I'd like to hear your input.

As far as rankings, I don't know, and I'm sure Univ Albany is great, but I have an MPH epidemiology from UAB and I can tell you that the school and facilities are top notch..... and many internationally known scholars assoc w/ UAB medical school lecture within the school of public health. The public health building is on the edge of an 16-20 square block medical campus with resources available in most every medical research field. Cardiovascular, diabetes, kidney, ob/gyn, general internal medicine, molecular biology, cancer, and HIV research is huge; most national cohort studies have an arm at UAB. The town is beautiful and there is lots to do, and only 4 hours from the beach or bigger mountains (Bham is very hilly and surrounded by several ridges).

Carpe