AZCOM Class of 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc jkrue

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey future AZCOMers

I was just accepted to my first choice and paid my matriculation fees. Just wondering who is going to be joining me in Glendale in fall. Also, if any of you have checked out off campus housing, please give a post.

Can't wait to hear from you and meet everybody.

Go Coyotes

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by doc jkrue

Go Coyotes

GO AVALANCHE!!!

I paid my deposit, but it doesn't mean I'm going there.

Originally posted by XCanadianRagwee
GO AVALANCHE!!!

I paid my deposit, but it doesn't mean I'm going there.

LET'S GO BLUES!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, congrats to all of you!:clap: I hope things continue to go well during the next 8 mo. I hope to see y'all next year. If you have any questions you can always PM me. Take it easy!

Hey everybody, I'll see you next year in AZ. I picked up some info. regarding off campus housing and coming from colorado, the places are extremely "affordable" (we're talking $600-$700 bucks a month for two bed, two bath apartments). However, I'll be buying a house given that I'm married and it's the best deal for us (again, coming from colorado, to buy a 1400+ sq ft house for under 115,000 is simply amazing). Anyway, try to get ahold of an apartment guide if you can.
snooze.

I'm pretty sure housing for me is locked up with current students, but that may change. Do a search for AZCOM class of 2007 and 2006, there's some great advice in there as well for housing.

If I do go to AZCOM...anyone wanna join the fun on a 2,000+ mile cross country venture....

congrats....you'll love it here!!!!!!

Now the big question arises...where to live?

Since I have a puppy I will be living off campus. I have been checking out quite a few web sites and I really like the SAGE STONE. Does anyone know if it is a quality place? Any other places close by the campus I should be looking at?

cya soon

ATTENTION FOR THOSE LOOKING FOR HOUSING!!!

Do an AZCOM search from past years and you will find out tons of info.

Otherwise, ask current AZCOM students (Osteo board too).

Just paid the deposit today, I am so relieved. Congrats and look forward to seeing all of you in august.

Pushing us back to the top.... Where we should be. ;)

Originally posted by MDmiracle
Pushing us back to the top.... Where we should be. ;)

Word up brother!

I was going to do the same thing, but I have been working way too much lately...and all weekend.

C'mom everyone attending, give a big hello! Let's keep us in view.

Congrats to all of you! (shame on me) :(

I have not yet submitted my secondary app to AZCOM, but would still like to do so.

I would appreciate tips on how to answer the essay for my application. I don't know why I believe AZCOM would provide me with the education I want, I just think that it is a beautiful campus, and everyone on SDN says that Midwestern University (including the ice-cold CCOM) is a highly reputable school.

So why did all of you want to go there, and what do you think are my chances, given that it's mid-December already? Even if they're 1 in a million. "So you're saying I have a chance...YES!" -Lloyd

-NS

Members don't see this ad :)
Get them in now! You will probably wait for awhile to hear because they won't begin interviewing again until spring. GLuck

Originally posted by NotShorty
I would appreciate tips on how to answer the essay for my application.
-NS [/B]

Everyone's essay is going to be styled differently. The one that worked for me kinda played out like this: I first gave reasoning for choosing osteopathic medicine. I drew upon a lot of experience from being a phlebotomist and also an EMT. That took most of the essay.
I then wrote about 100 words about AZCOM. Mostly stuff I found on their web site but also things from SDN!
Lastly I put 100 more words on traits that i will bring to AZCOM as well as traits and extra-curriculars I did as undergrad. I emphasized dedication, sincerity, and responsibility.

It obviously worked, cause a week after I sent it, I had an interview scheduled.

Here's another tip: request an information packet from the admissions office. If they see that you have done your research, they may like you even more!

if you have more questions or need tips just email me.

later

hey,
Did anybody out there interview nov 3rd. Just wondering if I was going to see any of you again?

Just to let you all know, I started a AZCOM class of 2008 team on the interact website. Just Log in to interact and hit the team up icon at the top of your page.

{EDIT} I just noticed it's Team Room not Team Up. ANd they haven't put up the team yet I'll keep you posted.

they posted the class of 2008 team this morning on the interact site.

" oh lift us up where we belong" {sing} sorry bad one liner.

hey, does anyone know a website where I might change my mailing information for the school? I've moved and just want to update everything. Thanks

Hey snooze7,

First of all, congrats upon your acceptance. Can't wait to meet you. Did you move to Glendale already? I am most likely making the trip from Wisconsin at the end of January. Can't wait to see the sun again!

anyway

When you first got your acceptance papers or maybe even interview stuff, you should have been given a sheet containing a student password. To change your address and other information for the school, you need to log on to the site http://www.midwestern.edu/azcom/ . Then click on the INTERACT followed by INTERACT NOW prompts. If you never set up an account, it will guide you through the steps. If you have, then problem solved...all you have to do is click on the profile editor menu and do your thing.

hope this helps

AZCOM was the first school i interviewed at and I am happy to be going there.

sent in my deposit and everything

is anyone going there from Chicago like me???

ATTN ON HOUSING:
i will be buying a new townhouse and looking for roomates. anyone interested (guys or girls) PM me.

I come with my owm OMM table..:D :D :D :D :D

AZCOM was athe first place interviewed/accepted for me too. It felt great to turn down all those other interviews and tell them I am already accepted.

I will be coming all the way from Wisconsin; not quite Chicago, but just as far. I can't wait to make the 2000 mile hike out to Glendale. See you soon and congrats.

hej, kool. congrats on your acceptance. glad 2 know someone from my parts of the US is comming there.

wonder how the weather change will be

Well, I just thought that we should start talking to each other again. And it's perfect timing since I have some big news...

In about two weeks I am moving to Glendale. I thought why not get a jump start on living there and getting used to the awesome weather. Not that Wisconsin is cold or anything, in fact , the other day it was a warm 9 degrees. anyway, I will be living in the Sagestone apartments about a block away from campus. i can't wait to just get there and have some fun. I do not have a job lined up yet but being from Wisconsin, I could probably get a bartending job real easily. haha.
ok, well, back to packing.

keep up the chatter

Hey, I am flying in on the 6th of feb. to look at places to live. How much were the rates at sage stone and did you look at any others that you might recommend? Thanks

Hey Miracle
I really only tok a look at Sagestone when I was down there for the interview. Looking at the AZCOM 2006/2007 posts, I felt it hada great reputation and quality prices. And you can't beat it's location...only 1 block away from campus.

As far as rates go, I feel they are good for the area. I got a 1 BD with dining room for the listed price of $795...but...they run monthly discouts for new renters. My discounts included waving the move-in fee, securuity deposit, processing fees, and some others. Also, with a 13-15 month signed lease, they took off $50 from that price. They then deducted 5% from that price for Midwestern U. students. A grand total of 705/mo. Pretty good considering the place has 2 pools, a cardio fitness center, and a commons lounge. Pets are OK and the complex is quite large. I believe several other students live there as well.

Anyone with kids may need a larger place, but those prices seemed very reasonable too. I believe ther are 8 or 9 floor plans to choose from ranging from 1 BD- 3BD.

Good luck

One more thing...

If you look on Rent.com, it says they will give you $100 if you say on the lease that you found the apartment from their webste. Pretty cool.

Other close-by apartments on this ste include Arrowhead highlands, Isle at Arrowhead Ranch, Strayhorse, Sierra Canyons, Laguna at Arrowhead, and Pavillions at Arrowhead.

Happy hunting

Gotta keep us a the top!!!!! I am already getting school pride and I haven't even attended a single class! hehe

Hi!

I'll be joining you guys in Arizona. I'm a pharmacist at UCSD in San Diego right now and will be moving to Phoenix in March. I can't wait! I'm just going to work full time and get settled in before school starts. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Jen

i should be flying out soon to look for places to live. unfortunately it looks like i wont have much time 2 do that. sigh

Congratulations Everyone,

I am about 99% certain that I will also be attending AZCOM fall of 2004. Deposits paid and seat is reserved. Anyway, Just wanted to say hi and I'll see you all soon.

All right everyone time for a little get to know your class mates hilarity.

<standing up like in the 1st grade> My name is Tucker. I have been doing neural recording from auditory structures of mice and bats for the last two years. prior to that and currently I am a certified phlebotmist.

I live in vancouver, WA just north of Portland, OR. I am married and have three children, two girls and a boy. I am working two full time jobs to help get ready for medical school. I am very excited about my choice to attend AZCOM, and am looking forward to meeting all of my fellow victims..... I mean classmates.:laugh:

hej is anyone else single??? i hear most people at AZCOM are married.

I'm single ....very single...in fact...I'm a senior at Wabash college...one of two all male colleges left in the country...so i'm rather screwed if the majority of students are married!!...but that's where nurses come in i suppose.:laugh:

just seems like most people are married. :D

anybody doing armed forces scholarship? i just got mine so i am pretty excited and was wondering who else from AZCOM has it 2.

it is snowing constantly so i can't wait to get to Arizona.

i heard that they go AC crazy in all the buildings, so that u freeze. is that true? :smuggrin:

Hey everybody,
What does $75 in gas, $35 in Cokes and Combos, and 36 hours of driving mean? ...give up? I just moved to Glendale. Yup, I just packed everything up and moved on over. I am living in the Sagestone Apartments right now and they are fantastic. And so is the weather. It has been sunny and 66 degrees out all week. Coming from Wisconsin (for an almost 100 degree difference), this is the best winter ever! I am starting the job hunt right now and hope to be working soon.
Can't wait to meet you all in the next few months. If anybody is coming to the area I would love to show you around the apartment or even the town. You can email me at [email protected] if you want any info.

I will be sitting by the pool or hot tub until we talk again.
cya

i am all jealous now. it is freezing cold in both chicago and wisconsin. brrrrrrrrrrrr

i would be out there r if the army would hurry up and get all my paperwork done so i can leave chicago 4 a week. thought i would be there already. sigh

I know what you mean Monia, cold weather sucks. I am soooo glad that I finally got outta there once and for all. the temperature her is great. T-shirts in february, you gotta be kidding.
Anyway, I hope your paperwork goes through so you can too experience this awesome winter weather in Glendale, for any amount of time. Cant wait to meet you.
...now its off to the hot tub.

Wednesday night Coyotes game! wooo

just got back from looking for a house. Doc, sage stone is nice. I think we are going to live on 31st and union at archstone in deer valley. The weather there was much nicer than home. Anyway, we were to far down the list for my taste.

So how was the rest of your trip. Did you guys get to see any of the awesome sights around here, or get to enjoy the warm weather. Apparently its cold down here, whatever.
Lets see..i just caught my first coyotes game which rocked. I have been biking a lot and hanging out by the pool too. I joined an La Fitness club so I have been working out too. The job situation is great too. A couple days ago, a medical recruiter called me and said they saw my resume on careerbuilder. They hired me over the phone as a contract phlebotomist...for a$$loads of money. I can't believe what they are paying me. So, its all good here.
CYA

Originally posted by doc jkrue
So how was the rest of your trip. Did you guys get to see any of the awesome sights around here, or get to enjoy the warm weather. Apparently its cold down here, whatever.
Lets see..i just caught my first coyotes game which rocked. I have been biking a lot and hanging out by the pool too. I joined an La Fitness club so I have been working out too. The job situation is great too. A couple days ago, a medical recruiter called me and said they saw my resume on careerbuilder. They hired me over the phone as a contract phlebotomist...for a$$loads of money. I can't believe what they are paying me. So, its all good here.
CYA

I PM'd you.

Can this be moved to the osteo thread since I guess it belongs there now. It might get more traffic that way.

should I feel bad that I have the last four posts?

<silence>

hey, where's everybody goin'?

I think theres only 3 of us on this post anyway.

So who has tried filing the FAFSA yet? anybody?

I filled out and submitted the fafsa, last week. what a pain.

Hey there boys and girls,

I just wanted to congratulate all of you on your acceptance to AZCOM. I am a first year at AZCOM and loving every minute of it. I was in your position not to long ago so if there is anything that you guys would like to know, feel free to contact me. Take care and good luck!!!

fozzy40

Thanks so much fozzy, so is it really as hard as I think it is going to be? How is the schedule, do you really have some down time?