Average Salary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kbxc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
On another thread it says the average pay will be 45,000-55,000. However, I've been reading a bunch of sites that say the average pay is around 70,000-80,000 for an audiologist with a doctoral degree. Which is correct?

Members don't see this ad.

What websites did you find that information on? I'm just curious and would like to check that out.

Your OP is pretty accurate. Starting salary is about 45k. The average salary is about 55k but depending on your work setting you may make more (VA or private practice) or less (public schools).

Members don't see this ad :)
Your OP is pretty accurate. Starting salary is about 45k. The average salary is about 55k but depending on your work setting you may make more (VA or private practice) or less (public schools).

How much are you willing to pay for tuition?

At www.pco.edu tuition is 26.6k a year.

PCO is a decent program and in a unique environment (OD school), but it is far overpriced considering the average AuD salary. I would recommend going to an in-state program to reduce the cost as much as possible. If you are willing to do a PhD program in audiology you can still get licensure as an audiologist (similar to PsyD vs. Ph.D.) and you may be able to get your tuition waved and even paid a decent stipend to attend. Those not interested in research may prefer the AuD due to the dissertation requirement with the PhD.