AuD Salary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AuDx

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just saw a job posting as of 2017 for an AuD at the Mayo Clinic, offering a salary of $62k. OMG this is real, this profession does not pay s#%t for a doctor. I make more than that right now with just an Associate degree. I'm sooo disappointed cause I wanted to do the AuD program so bad. The ROI is ominously poor (ironically) for those who have to take $100k in student loan. Without the debt it's doable, but $62k is unmanageable if you have to pay back loan and raise a family. I might have to give up on my dream... But yet I'm still leaning toward going for it. I hope I'm not about to make the biggest mistake of my life. Damn I'm sooo disappointed and so confused right now :(

Members don't see this ad.

Welcome to degree inflation; since schools can get an extra year of tuition, they will soak you for all they can. And frankly, I doubt that the "doctorate" in PT, OT (soon) and Audiology is really required for everyday patient care. Research the salary thoroughly before you make a decision. A few isolated data points may paint a very bleak or very optimistic picture, but you need to know the full range.

Yeah, that's where I'm at. The range is pretty wide, I've seen 55, 62, ,70, 77, 84, 90, 99, 124 and more. I mean it's all over the place. Bad news is low beginning salary. Upside is potential for growth if all goes well.

If you haven't already done so, sort the threads by the number of views. There are several discussions about salaries that will float up to the top, e.g, "Advice for a future Audiologist".