Atlantic Bridge 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has submitted their medical report and immunization form back to Atlantic Bridge once accepting their offer?

For UCC students, do you know what the COA number is (it asks for this or your UCC number if you were a previous student). Since I'm not a previous UCC student I'm not to sure if I should enter in the number that was provided for me now as my student number, or if there is something else that we have (the COA number). Also for UCC students, we are suppose to pay a fee for future immunization checks, do you know if we send this along with our reports to Atlantic Bridge or if these are given during orientation in UCC?

The letter itself seems very vague so any help would be very appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Hey,

I sent my forms in today. I called AB and they said that if you're an international student (non-EU), you don't have to worry about the CAO number. I think CAO is the Central Applications Office through which the EU students apply so they would get a CAO number from them. AB said you can just write the student number that's on your acceptance letter where it says previous UCC student number.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has submitted their medical report and immunization form back to Atlantic Bridge once accepting their offer?

For UCC students, do you know what the COA number is (it asks for this or your UCC number if you were a previous student). Since I'm not a previous UCC student I'm not to sure if I should enter in the number that was provided for me now as my student number, or if there is something else that we have (the COA number). Also for UCC students, we are suppose to pay a fee for future immunization checks, do you know if we send this along with our reports to Atlantic Bridge or if these are given during orientation in UCC?

The letter itself seems very vague so any help would be very appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Hey! I've gotten mine completed too for UCC just getting around to sending it in. The CAO # is if you applied through the EU system which I'm assuming u didn't so I wouldn't put anything there . And to my understanding that gets paid at registration. It also doesn't give instructions on how to send that money if we were supposed to send it now. But if you're worried you can ask Atlantic Bridge.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone in here from Canada wants to give an advice how they funded studying in RCSI?

Hi! I'm actually a student at RCSI from the US doing the first year of the 6 year program right now. I would be happy to answer any questions you might have!

Hi looks like you're from Arizona too?

I got accepted to Limerick's GEM program. I graduated with a Bsc in Biology in 2016. But I've been taking additional (human biology) courses at UBC this past year.

I'm doing well-ish in all other courses (A to B grades), but I might fail a full year course - human physiology.

Would this affect my acceptance? (These courses are not being used towards any degree, since I already completed that last year)

Anyone else accepted to Trinity? Received my offer on Friday (I'm in NC, USA if that helps)

I got accepted to Limerick's GEM program. I graduated with a Bsc in Biology in 2016. But I've been taking additional (human biology) courses at UBC this past year.

I'm doing well-ish in all other courses (A to B grades), but I might fail a full year course - human physiology.

Would this affect my acceptance? (These courses are not being used towards any degree, since I already completed that last year)

Hey! Congratulations on your acceptance . Check your offer. Does it say anything about being conditional? Sometimes offers are conditional on certain grades or scores on the MCAT. If it doesn't say anything, I think your current grades ( that you didn't apply with) shouldn't matter . Check with AB to make sure :)

It shouldn't matter as long as you have a full Bachelor degree.

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has received a rejection from any of the schools?
I was under the assumption that if we had been rejected we would be hearing by end of april, and it would be strange if they kept so many people waitlisted.

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has received a rejection from any of the schools?
I was under the assumption that if we had been rejected we would be hearing by end of april, and it would be strange if they kept so many people waitlisted.
I know it might be different this year, but just for reference I got accepted to RCSI in early March of last year and didn't receive any rejections from the other schools until June.

Hey! Congratulations on your acceptance . Check your offer. Does it say anything about being conditional? Sometimes offers are conditional on certain grades or scores on the MCAT. If it doesn't say anything, I think your current grades ( that you didn't apply with) shouldn't matter . Check with AB to make sure :)
Thanks!! Yeah, I just got the official acceptance letter today and it says nothing about final grades or anything, so I guess I'm good.
What university are you planning on attending (if any)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks!! Yeah, I just got the official acceptance letter today and it says nothing about final grades or anything, so I guess I'm good.
What university are you planning on attending (if any)?
Then you're good to go! Hope your exams go well :). I'm starting GEM at UCC in the fall !

Is this for 5 year TCD medicine program?
Yes TCD only has a 5-year program, but North-Americans need an undergraduate degree to apply there. I was wondering if there were other people on this forum with acceptances. I haven't seen anyone mention it yet

Yes TCD only has a 5-year program, but North-Americans need an undergraduate degree to apply there. I was wondering if there were other people on this forum with acceptances. I haven't seen anyone mention it yet

I applied to the 5 year TCD program but have not heard back. What are you stats?

Also congratulations on your acceptance. I am from Canada.

I applied to Trinity and have yet to hear anything. I was accepted first round offers for Galway and have accepted that as the time limit to accept was only 2 weeks. Has anyone else accepted Galway?

Also congratulations on your acceptance. I am from Canada.
Thanks! I'm really excited about my offer. I graduated with a GPA of 3.81 in chemistry in May 2016. I don't have my score for the MCAT yet (took it a few weeks ago), but TCD doesn't look at MCAT anyway as far as I know. If you're interested in ECs or anything else, feel free to ask

Hi everyone.. How good is RCSI Bahrain since its a new school? I mean is it worth it going there or should I consider going to the Caribbean? any ideas? :)

I applied to Trinity and have yet to hear anything. I was accepted first round offers for Galway and have accepted that as the time limit to accept was only 2 weeks. Has anyone else accepted Galway?
Congrats!! Did you have to pay a deposit and how much?

Yes, I am! Which high school did you go to ? how are you liking it there? Are you finished with the foundation year ?
I went to Pinnacle High School in the Northern Phoenix area. How about you? We have finished classes for foundation year but have exams until the 11th of May. I love it here! everyone is really nice and it seems easy to adapt to living so far from home; not too much of a culture shock. Other than that, I find the curriculum to be enjoyable. Its delivered in a really straight forward manner by some really great lecturers.

I went to Pinnacle High School in the Northern Phoenix area. How about you? We have finished classes for foundation year but have exams until the 11th of May. I love it here! everyone is really nice and it seems easy to adapt to living so far from home; not too much of a culture shock. Other than that, I find the curriculum to be enjoyable. Its delivered in a really straight forward manner by some really great lecturers.

I went to Basis Chandler. How many students from US are in your class ?

Does anyone accepted at University of Lublin?

Hey guys,

Just a quick question, I'm graduating this June and I was wondering to whom shall I forward my final transcript and diploma? The ABP or the school itself?

i have been offered a place at limerick, but Im still waiting for other irish school. Are schools like cork, galway, and trinity dublin done sending out offers??

Im pretty sure there are 6 from the states. A ton more from Canada though

so are all the graduates coming from the US matching easily ? I'm getting mixed information

so are all the graduates coming from the US matching easily ? I'm getting mixed information
So I actually don't know about this years match rates, but for the most part it seems like the majority of the people coming from the US are able to match back. That being said, you're definitely going to have to work hard and score well on the USMLE to make yourself a competitive applicant during the matching process.

Last edited:
So I actually don't know about this years match rates, but for the most part it seems like the majority of the people coming from the US are able to match back. That being said, you're definitely going to have to work hard and score well on the USMLE to make yourself a competitive applicant during the matching process.

I agree with that.. the USMLE scores have to be good. Will you be in AZ over the summer? Maybe we can talk over the phone or something ?

i have been offered a place at limerick, but Im still waiting for other irish school. Are schools like cork, galway, and trinity dublin done sending out offers??
I talked to ABP about this and I was told that RCSI and UCD would be sending out second round offers around late May. I didn't ask about UCC, unfortunately.

Hello,

has anyone else filled out the Sheares Gate accommodation application for UCC? If so, do you know what year we qualify for if we are going into the GEM program? Also, does anyone know when the school year ends?

Thank you!

I agree with that.. the USMLE scores have to be good. Will you be in AZ over the summer? Maybe we can talk over the phone or something ?
I'll be back in Phoenix on May 19th! Would be happy to talk or meet up if you'd like

Hello,

has anyone else filled out the Sheares Gate accommodation application for UCC? If so, do you know what year we qualify for if we are going into the GEM program? Also, does anyone know when the school year ends?

Thank you!

I second this! Any ideas?

I second this! Any ideas?

I ended up calling Atlantic Bridge and they said to put in first year and for the dates 1 week prior to your starting date (as indicated on the letter) and then for the ending date anytime in mid June (June 20th is what I wrote down). They said the end date isn't that important just need to write one down.

Hope this helps!

I ended up calling Atlantic Bridge and they said to put in first year and for the dates 1 week prior to your starting date (as indicated on the letter) and then for the ending date anytime in mid June (June 20th is what I wrote down). They said the end date isn't that important just need to write one down.

Hope this helps!
Aren't we technically post grad though? Because it's a graduate entry program? I put post grad because I figured first year meant first year undergrad. But then again you put in the program name so they know. Excited to meet you all!!

Aren't we technically post grad though? Because it's a graduate entry program? I put post grad because I figured first year meant first year undergrad. But then again you put in the program name so they know. Excited to meet you all!!

Hi, no AB said that the GEM program is still considered undergrad. I know, its super strange!

And me too! :)

Actually just finishing my first year at RCSI!
So how was it, what do u like about RCSI, what do u dislike about RCSI. Also did u live at Mercer, if yes how was it? Starting med at RCSI in Sept(6 yr) from Ontario Canada.

I received letters of rejection from RCSI (yesterday) and UCD (today). Doesn't look promising for me for any of the schools.

Anyone in here from Canada wants to give an advice how they funded studying in RCSI?

RBC will give you $150K Line of Credit but you may need a co -signor and OSAP (if you are from Ontario) will give you about $12K

I received letters of rejection from RCSI (yesterday) and UCD (today). Doesn't look promising for me for any of the schools.

May I know if you applied to the 5yr or 4yr program? Thanks.