Army OBC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MaxAnn

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if and how much you are paid while you are at OBC in San Antonio? If you have to bring money of your own, how much? Any help would be great thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You get paid as active duty for whatever rank you are. But, make sure you have enough money in the bank to pay all your bills for at least a month or two. The office that handles pay isn't really set up for the hundreds of students that come through in a short period of time. When I was there last summer I didn't get paid until near the end of the course. I was the exception though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine was about 7 weeks but it sounded like they were changing the format and it would be longer starting this summer. I don't really know how much longer though.

When you say you get paid your rank: Doesn't everyone enter OBC at the same rank or pay grade? Do they pay you as a 2nd Lt or as a cadet or something? I don't understand.

If you attend while you're at school then you're a 2nd lieutenant (O-1), if you attend after you've completed school you're a captain (O-3).