Army Available Posts 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Y0shi

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Would any 4th year HPSPs be able to put up the post list they were given this year (or in the last few years)? I’m just curious to see the kinds of posts that are available to graduating students. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It varies dramatically each year. Sometimes there are several OCONUS options, other years it's all CONUS. Usually the list has somewhere in the 10-15 range.
The basic places like Ft. Hood, Ft. Benning, JBLM, Ft. Leonard Wood, Ft. Bragg... Have so many dentists that they will show up on the list every year.
The smaller and more specific locations that only have a handful of dentists only come available every few years.

Do you have questions about any specific locations?

It varies dramatically each year. Sometimes there are several OCONUS options, other years it's all CONUS. Usually the list has somewhere in the 10-15 range.
The basic places like Ft. Hood, Ft. Benning, JBLM, Ft. Leonard Wood, Ft. Bragg... Have so many dentists that they will show up on the list every year.
The smaller and more specific locations that only have a handful of dentists only come available every few years.

Do you have questions about any specific locations?
Hi,

Thanks for your insight! I’m mostly interested in going (to pretty much any base) OCONUS. How viable do you think that is? It’s hard to get a feel for how many people really want to go OCONUS from dental school so I’m not sure if those are competitive slots or not.

As a follow up, how likely is it that we’d get somewhere on our list?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know it's certainly possible to go OCONUS right out of school. Ive seen several people do that. It's more common for those that do the 1 year AEGD/GPR.

In terms of getting somewhere on your list, I know some that got their #1, I got my #3, and I know some that were assigned to an installation that wasn't even on their list. I'd say getting your #2-4 is probably the most common scenario. Usually #1 is a stretch and only has 1 spot available and multiple people trying for it.

Hi,

Would any 4th year HPSPs be able to put up the post list they were given this year (or in the last few years)? I’m just curious to see the kinds of posts that are available to graduating students. Thanks!
Here is the list for 2023 grads (straight in, no AEGD):
1. Leavenworth (Kansas City)
2. Carson (Colorado Springs, CO)
3. Germany
4. Lewis (Tacoma, WA)
5. Hood (Killeen, TX)
6. Bragg (Fayetteville, NC)
7. Belvoir (DC)
8. Riley (Manhattan, KS)
9. Bliss (El Paso, TX)
10. Gordon (Augusta, GA)
11. Drum (Watertown, NY)
12. Korea

Here is the 2022 list (same thing - non AEGD new grads)
Monterey
Ft Hood
White Sands, NM
Ft Knox
Ft Stewart
Ft Leavenworth
Ft Leonard Wood
Ft Sill
Ft Bliss
Ft Polk
Aberdeen Proving Ground
Ft Gordon
Ft Meade

Here is the list for 2023 grads (straight in, no AEGD):
1. Leavenworth (Kansas City)
2. Carson (Colorado Springs, CO)
3. Germany
4. Lewis (Tacoma, WA)
5. Hood (Killeen, TX)
6. Bragg (Fayetteville, NC)
7. Belvoir (DC)
8. Riley (Manhattan, KS)
9. Bliss (El Paso, TX)
10. Gordon (Augusta, GA)
11. Drum (Watertown, NY)
12. Korea

Here is the 2022 list (same thing - non AEGD new grads)
Monterey
Ft Hood
White Sands, NM
Ft Knox
Ft Stewart
Ft Leavenworth
Ft Leonard Wood
Ft Sill
Ft Bliss
Ft Polk
Aberdeen Proving Ground
Ft Gordon
Ft Meade
How does the duty locations differ from the ones we pick after AEGD? Are they the same or more OCONUS? More remote?