Army Army Medical Department Internship Program (AMEDDIP) worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Badgers2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm currently a second year ROTC cadet and pre-dental student at my university. We were just briefed the other day on the AMEDD's internship programs. One of my fellow cadets, who is a year older than me and looking to go to medical school, was just accepted into the program. However, he is the only one that I know who has been accepted and feel that his internship as a pre-med student would be different than a pre-dental student's. I was just wondering if anyone has had first hand experience in the program, what they did and if they would recommend it to anyone else? My next summer will be extremely busy as it is and I wouldn't want to be accepted into the program if I can't give it all of my energy at the time. I appreciate anyone's input.

Members don't see this ad.

If you are going dental do not do ROTC! You will incur an additional 4 yr obligation, not be eligible for the dental special pays until much later then your peers, and owe the military at least 8 and up to 12 years. Just my .02.