Army HPSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So if I'm #20-ish on the OML, does that mean I'm guaranteed a 3-year HPSP? Is there a chance I won't be awarded the 3 year?

Nothing's guaranteed but that sounds like a good spot. Did your recruiter also mention where you are on the list? I'm about to ask my recruiter if he has an idea of where I'm at.

Members don't see this ad.

Just spoke with my recruiter and he let me know my spot on the OML. I'm higher up on the list than I thought. Top 20, makes me think maybe not too many people on the list? Any hopes of a 4 yr this late in the game?

I just looked at the list today with all the medical and dental hpsp on it. I am in the top twenty for dc but not sure if that's how they rank it.

Members don't see this ad :)
so frustrated waiting for this, looking for student loans in the meantime not keeping my hopes up anymore :thumbdown: anyone have ANY IDEA if they are still pulling off of OML

so frustrated waiting for this, looking for student loans in the meantime not keeping my hopes up anymore :thumbdown: anyone have ANY IDEA if they are still pulling off of OML
They can pull off of the OML all the way up until 30 September if people drop off. I do recommend that you look for student loans. There is no guarantee or even a timeline on when you may be offerred something.

If you do not get selected for the 4 yr HPSP, you may be offered the 3 yr, but you will still need loans to cover yourself. You can always turn unused loans back in, but it's harder to try to scramble and find money at the last minute.

I just looked at the list today with all the medical and dental hpsp on it. I am in the top twenty for dc but not sure if that's how they rank it.

Where did you find this information? and what do you mean for DC? is that your region you mean? My recruiter gave me my rank but I'm not sure it's accurate. Any info/further details you have would be great. Can I look at the list myself?! Thank you