Army HPSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
GL! I have not received word yet (from feb) but the recruiter tells me to remain optimistic...I want to contact the board and fill them on why they should select me - I would be perfect for this - I can even bust out 15 legit pull ups!!!

Hey good luck to all those applying for tomorrow's board meeting. Fingers crossed

Members don't see this ad.

anyone know when we will know about the march board results?

Members don't see this ad :)
I called the recruiting office yesterday, and they told me that for the packets they saw a few days ago 3/26?, we will be hearing back in mid-April.

I heard earlier today that I am on the oml, so hopefully in October ill get the 3 year

I was placed on oml as well. Does anybody know the likelihood of being awarded a 3 year HPSP once you have been put on this list? Any info would help.

Well according to my recruiter, a decent chance. They basically give out 3 year hpsp to people on the oml. I could be wrong but we will find out in October

Well according to my recruiter, a decent chance. They basically give out 3 year hpsp to people on the oml. I could be wrong but we will find out in October
They will have around 35 scholarships, and there will probably be 50+ on the wait list if it is like past years.

A monthly countdown of how many people are on the waiting list as well as guesses to what individuals chances are will not be able to be given. Best advice is to submit the packet - nothing ventured nothing gained.

Thanks for the help. I was on the March Board.

I was in the March board too but haven't heard anything yet...

Omled as well. Was told all 20 were omled due to funds being frozen from sequester.

Did he give you any other info on the sequester? As in will funds open up earlier than October to potentially hand out the remaining 4 year hpsp?

Members don't see this ad :)
Omled as well. Was told all 20 were omled due to funds being frozen from sequester.
We are going to nip this one in the bud before it grows legs!!!!!!

This message is coming jointly from myself and USArmyHPSP. The sequester and current funding is not affecting HPSP scholarships!!!!!!!!! Anything that is said contrary to this is not correct.

Funding for the scholarships are determined years in advance and the money is set aside. Therefore, the only affect sequestration may have is on scholarships that could be offerred 5 years from now.

If individuals are not selected, it is because the scholarships were given out or they are not competative enough...no other reason. Will the OML list move...possible...determined by how many people that were accepted turn down the scholarship.

The 3 yr scholarships will be offerred on 1 Oct 13 when the new FY funding begins (not affected by funding/sequestration issues). Chances of getting the scholarship are the number of available scholarships (should be 35 again...just like last year) divided by the total number OML'd and new 3 yr applicants before 1 Oct 13.

All I know is what I'm told. Apparently there were 12 spots available after the Feb. board, and all 20 that were on the March board went straight to OML.

We are going to nip this one in the bud before it grows legs!!!!!!

This message is coming jointly from myself and USArmyHPSP. The sequester and current funding is not affecting HPSP scholarships!!!!!!!!! Anything that is said contrary to this is not correct.

Funding for the scholarships are determined years in advance and the money is set aside. Therefore, the only affect sequestration may have is on scholarships that could be offerred 5 years from now.

If individuals are not selected, it is because the scholarships were given out or they are not competative enough...no other reason. Will the OML list move...possible...determined by how many people that were accepted turn down the scholarship.

The 3 yr scholarships will be offerred on 1 Oct 13 when the new FY funding begins (not affected by funding/sequestration issues). Chances of getting the scholarship are the number of available scholarships (should be 35 again...just like last year) divided by the total number OML'd and new 3 yr applicants before 1 Oct 13.

And from what I understand, those who were OML'd for the 4 year are automatically in wait for the 3 year; a list which is set up solely on stats and not based on time of submission? Does this list build with all further applicants up until October 13?

And from what I understand, those who were OML'd for the 4 year are automatically in wait for the 3 year; a list which is set up solely on stats and not based on time of submission? Does this list build with all further applicants up until October 13?
That is my understanding. That is how it has been the past 3-4 years, and I have not heard that anything is changing.

Will someone please take the time to explain to me the levels of this application process? What I mean by that is will someone tell me where my application goes before it gets to the board. Recruiter…battalion…brigade..board? I am having serious difficulty communicating with my recruiter. I have missed the board for the past 2 months now because of faulty information and a general lack of desire to help me with this process. Any details on this month's deadline would be helpful as well. I have passed battalion but my application was shot back down by brigade?

Who are the people in charge at these levels does my recruiter have the ability to speak with them concerning my application? I have reached out to other healthcare recruiters but any information would be helpful. My recruiting station has made all of there quotas and my recruiter is retiring soon…..They don't understand my desire to earn this scholarship and serve in the Army. Thanks in advance.

Will someone please take the time to explain to me the levels of this application process? What I mean by that is will someone tell me where my application goes before it gets to the board. Recruiter…battalion…brigade..board? I am having serious difficulty communicating with my recruiter. I have missed the board for the past 2 months now because of faulty information and a general lack of desire to help me with this process. Any details on this month's deadline would be helpful as well. I have passed battalion but my application was shot back down by brigade?

Who are the people in charge at these levels does my recruiter have the ability to speak with them concerning my application? I have reached out to other healthcare recruiters but any information would be helpful. My recruiting station has made all of there quotas and my recruiter is retiring soon…..They don't understand my desire to earn this scholarship and serve in the Army. Thanks in advance.
Contact the Dental Officer at Recruiting, and she can help you out. PM me your email and phone number and I will get you guys connected. She can possibly help out.

Got the call earlier today around noon central time for the 4 year! March board.

Sounds like I was lied to again...I just wish my recruiter would give me some accurate info for once.

Well I was oml from the march board so apparently some people dropped

Being on the four year oml, it sounds like we will be offered a 3 yr come Oct if high enough on the list or enough scholarships available. My question is can we still be considered for the 4yr or do we have to reapply to be considered for the 4 yr again come october?

Being on the four year oml, it sounds like we will be offered a 3 yr come Oct if high enough on the list or enough scholarships available. My question is can we still be considered for the 4yr or do we have to reapply to be considered for the 4 yr again come october?
Once you have begun school you will only be considered for the 3 yr scholarship in the Army. The 4 yr will not be an option.

5 yrs ago they may have considered giving out a 3.5 yr scholarship, but not anymore. The demand for the scholarships and the competition is increasing every year.

Can someone confirm the due date for April Board packets as well as when the Board convenes? Thanks!

April board met the 23rd I believe. And yes, most april boarders should go to OML unless ppl from previous boards drop.

What information is available regarding my position on the OML list? ie my rank/position, number of people on OML, number of accepted 4 yr scholarships up to this point. I would like to know if any of this is available or has been made available to other applicants before I reach out to my recruiter. Thanks in advance

If someone doesn't want to Command and they are too lazy to state that, in the past they were still automatically considered. This wastes the time of the board members reviewing potential candidates that don't want to, or are unqualified in the first place. This policy only requires individuals to be more proactive if they want to be considered.

The Dental Corps has several different levels of Command and this policy only streamlines the selection process. It doesn't make things any more difficult or competative...only seeks to minimize wasted time.

or wait until you get accepted from OML, it seems like some get an offer after OML

Will the Army reimburse the $1000 deposit that I had to pay to reserve my seat in dental school?

When do they start pulling people off of the OML is there a date?? My recruiter told me I had a good chance because I was high on the list and some people apply to multiple branches...I can't keep waiting around without a date in mind it's driving me crazy. ALSO, do they actually rank people on the OML, or was he lying about me being towards the top of the list? In other words, would the #1 person on the OML be pulled off first if someone did not accept?

forgot to add this...I tried to look at the thread from last year to see when people were being pulled off of the OML and given the 4 year. It seemed like late June?

When do they start pulling people off of the OML is there a date?? My recruiter told me I had a good chance because I was high on the list and some people apply to multiple branches...I can't keep waiting around without a date in mind it's driving me crazy. ALSO, do they actually rank people on the OML, or was he lying about me being towards the top of the list? In other words, would the #1 person on the OML be pulled off first if someone did not accept?

Yeah it is ranked by stats.

I wonder if it is more than just stats. I have a 3.9 GPA, 21 DAT, community service, great letters, yadda yadda. I just found out that I am number 50-something on the OML, which was a little disappointing. I'm not sure what else they consider, perhaps age or prior military service. Unfortunately there is no way to see the board report and find out what mystery factors they are looking at.

Last edited:
How do you know your rank? My recruiter said they don't tell us our rank...

Yeah I don't think the ranks are actually available. My recruiter said the same thing..

Not sure about that....my recruiter told me the exact number where I was ranked on the list, but I suppose he could be lying

Well, the levels of honesty and competence vary widely with recruiters so any one of us could have been fed some bad info. As far as I know though, the list is ranked and can be accessed by recruiters.

I was just told by my recruiter today that seven have come off the OML list to date. More should be coming off.

So if I'm #20-ish on the OML, does that mean I'm guaranteed a 3-year HPSP? Is there a chance I won't be awarded the 3 year?