Army HPSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chewme94

MUSC CODM 2021, US ARMY HPSP
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Questions

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Any one hear anything about commissions yet for Army HPSP. (Dental incase any other people are looking at this out side of the predental forum)

My recruiter told me I got the scholarship February 10'th but I haven't heard about anyone scrolling so I don't know what's up.

Members don't see this ad :)
My scrolling for the Air Force scholarship took some time. I was notified September 2nd that I received it, package complete for scrolling in early December after I was accepted, notified my scroll had been approved in early February, and I commissioned February 17th. It may take more time though with an influx of Army/Navy scholarships.

Apparent the scroll was approved Friday so commissions may happen this week or next. But if you're still in undergrad, you have to wait until you "graduate" I was told since we technically need bachelors degrees to be officers

Reactions: 1 user
Any one hear anything about commissions yet for Army HPSP. (Dental incase any other people are looking at this out side of the predental forum)

The boards for HPSP should have closed by now I would think. I would call your recruiter and ask the status of your packet.

I also had a Dental Corp HPSP that was selected in Feb. His scroll was just put in last week, I am starting his enrollment documents now.

I have commissioning papers, and started pre-enrollment to MODS. Anyone else?

I'm currently applying this cycle and applying for the army HPSP. Would appreciate any tips for the HPSP. My recruiter is asking me to send in my official DAT scores. My question is: do I request the score from ADEA website and do I send it to the recruiter himself or is there an organization I should send it to?

I'm currently applying this cycle and applying for the army HPSP. Would appreciate any tips for the HPSP. My recruiter is asking me to send in my official DAT scores. My question is: do I request the score from ADEA website and do I send it to the recruiter himself or is there an organization I should send it to?

For the DAT you can actually just use the screenshot, your recruiter may not be aware.

For the DAT you can actually just use the screenshot, your recruiter may not be aware.

Ugh! I wish I saw this earlier! I just paid $36 to send my DAT scores his way. :grumpy:.
Now that I have sent my transcript, DAT scores, SS, and birth certificate to him, what is next? It feels like my recruiter is giving me the run around

@YHC I am applying for Navy HPSP, but I imagine much of the same still applies. I had to do a series of background checks, obtain all identification forms you listed, 3 letters of recommendation, write a personal statement, send transcripts and official DAT scores, undergo an interview, and I will be going to MEPS next week for my physical.

@YHC I am applying for Navy HPSP, but I imagine much of the same still applies. I had to do a series of background checks, obtain all identification forms you listed, 3 letters of recommendation, write a personal statement, send transcripts and official DAT scores, undergo an interview, and I will be going to MEPS next week for my physical.

Wow! Thank you for the insight! I was told that I couldn't do anything until I get a LOA

Wow! Thank you for the insight! I was told that I couldn't do anything until I get a LOA
I think much of that varies by branch / recruiter. I have been trying to apply for the Air-Force HPSP as well, but my recruiter told me I needed a LOA before I could be considered for the 4-year scholarship. My Navy recruiter told me I do not need a LOA before being considered for the 4-year scholarship because of my DAT score.

:shrug:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 3.57.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 3.57.27 PM.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 68
I think much of that varies by branch / recruiter. I have been trying to apply for the Air-Force HPSP as well, but my recruiter told me I needed a LOA before I could be considered for the 4-year scholarship. My Navy recruiter told me I do not need a LOA before being considered for the 4-year scholarship because of my DAT score.

:shrug:

Did they just change that with the AF? I could only go for the 3 year.

Did they just change that with the AF? I could only go for the 3 year.
I am not really sure. My AF recruiter said anyone applying for the 4-year AF HPSP scholarship w/o a LOA would be disqualified because the selection committee meets in the fall... but the selection committee meets at the same time for the Navy and I am still eligible for a 4-year there.

I don't know how the AF used to do things, but they are definitely making me uneasy right now. I don't understand why they would advertise 4-year scholarships if apparently no once can get them.

I am not really sure. My AF recruiter said anyone applying for the 4-year AF HPSP scholarship w/o a LOA would be disqualified because the selection committee meets in the fall... but the selection committee meets at the same time for the Navy and I am still eligible for a 4-year there.

I don't know how the AF used to do things, but they are definitely making me uneasy right now. I don't understand why they would advertise 4-year scholarships if apparently no once can get them.

I would seriously dig more on the AF side about there being no 4 year scholarships... that doesn't seem correct at all. Last year the board met in August and we were notified Sept 1 or 2. Our packages were due in mid July though.

Sep 1, around 12:36 pm... a day I shall never forget...
I should remember that day after thinking I didn't get it because I didn't get a call... then having my recruiter call me late afternoon to say his phone had been off all day. Yup... I'll never forget that, just the day. Haha! Hope all is well, @Incis0r

I should remember that day after thinking I didn't get it because I didn't get a call... then having my recruiter call me late afternoon to say his phone had been off all day. Yup... I'll never forget that, just the day. Haha! Hope all is well, @Incis0r

Congratulations again :) Proud of ya

4 Year HPSP Army Scholarship- I was accepted a couple weeks ago. I also was accepted into a 3 calendar year dental school starting summer 2018. Is it possible to apply my 4 year scholarship to this 3 year school?