Are You Satisfied?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JmacJax

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Are you satisfied in dentistry?
Are you intellectually stimulated?
Do you feel a sense of altruism?
Are you frustrated your scope is the mouth only, or is it enough?

Would you do it again?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,
Are you satisfied in dentistry?
Are you intellectually stimulated?
Do you feel a sense of altruism?
Are you frustrated your scope is the mouth only, or is it enough?

Would you do it again?
I am very satisfied with the choice that I have made to practice dentistry. What I love about the field is the flexibility. You can choose how much you want to work. You even have the choice of working fewer hours and you can still be productive. Dentistry provides balance. Throughout your career, you can practice some, teach some, do research, volunteer and you seem to have that sense of independence in determining your path. With dentistry, you also have the opportunity to bring out that business and entrepreneur side. I absolutely love the flexibility and the opportunities to flourish in different areas. Please keep in mind that EVERY field and career path that we take as human beings will have its ups and downs. There is NO perfect occupation. I truly believe that it is all in what you make it. I've met so many people over the years working in career fields that bore me or make me wonder "how in the world do they do it?" The word for it is "passion."
I do believe I would do it again but thank God I don't have to. It's easier said than done, but it's truly a hard question to answer. School is so expensive and there are so many factors involved. I believe there is really no true answer of whether I would do it again. I believe my season to attend dental school was set for me at the time I attended for a good reason. Again, thank God I don't have to do it again, lol.
There are days of frustrations, dealing with patients, staff and other issues, but that's life. In the end, dentistry involves so much more than the mouth. You have the opportunity to advise, encourage, teach, listen, counsel, and do so much more than just focus on the mouth. You, most of all, have the opportunity to truly change someone's life.

Reactions: 1 user