"approved" on NBOME website?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JP2005

HOPKINS GAS PASSER
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I took comlex 3 on March 23rd, and signed on today to see if any scores were posted and found "approved" as my status. I tried calling NBOME to see what that meant but no answer. For those of you who took it in the past, did it say approved for the whole 3-4 weeks leading up to your score release? Thanks. :confused:

Jay

Members don't see this ad.

JP2005 said:
So I took comlex 3 on March 23rd, and signed on today to see if any scores were posted and found "approved" as my status. I tried calling NBOME to see what that meant but no answer. For those of you who took it in the past, did it say approved for the whole 3-4 weeks leading up to your score release? Thanks. :confused:
Jay

I took mine on the 23rd too and on the 24th, the status changed from "scheduled" to "approved." Got a vague answer from the NBOME that this was normal (God alone knows why...'cause the NBOME people sure don't). Others have had similar experiences...

3 weeks today for us both and counting....

3 weeks exactly for me too. Mine says approved as well and that is normal.
I heard the results are usually posted on the site at three and a half weeks and mailed about 4 weeks post exam.
Next week should be the big week.
Good Luck to you guys.

Members don't see this ad :)
I say approved too on my status page...

Has been over 4 weeks for me (took it on March 14th) and still nothing online...I'm getting anxious. +pissed+

hey, i took step II and it said the same thing. it will say that until you get your results via the website: then it will change to Pass :D or fail :eek: .

This sucks. Why do we not have our scores back yet? Does anyone have any thought on this?

Doc_Thks_JC said:
This sucks. Why do we not have our scores back yet? Does anyone have any thought on this?

I know. I have been compulsively checking the NBOME website, and every time I check it it makes me more mad. So much for the 3 1/2 weeks that other people on SDN have said... +pissed+

How can a computerized exam take so long to get reported?

wow that sucks. I was hoping to get my scores this week but if people from the March 14th exam have not gotten theirs, I guess I will have to wait until next week. That is unless all the scores come out together which may be wishful thinking.
I dont care as long as I pass but I am getting frustrated and compulsively checking the NBOME site.

peb120 said:
wow that sucks. I was hoping to get my scores this week but if people from the March 14th exam have not gotten theirs, I guess I will have to wait until next week. That is unless all the scores come out together which may be wishful thinking.
I dont care as long as I pass but I am getting frustrated and compulsively checking the NBOME site.
Having gotten sick of checking the website every hour, I finally called the NBOME today...apparently the results are taking 4-5 weeks to come in. I wonder why a computerised standardized multiple choice test that hasn't changed databases over the past several months, still takes 4-5 weeks to get a pass-fail result... :confused:

so probably nothing till next week at the earliest for me... :scared:

I wonder if they're waiting to release all of the March exams at once?

Yeah they will release all of the March exams at once. 4 weeks from the last March exam is tomorrow (Thursday). So either we get them at the end of this week or beginning of next.
I really dont get these people. Its a computerized exam. This is not rocket science.

The only thing I can think of is, did you send them the paper certifying that you were enrolled in an internship program? Maybe that's the difference between "exam taken" and "approved."

:confused:

Passed...thats the end of the COMLEX sequence for me and it couldn't feel sweeter :) thanks everone for all your input :thumbup:

Score 694 91
Guess I have really learned through my internship year. The monkey is off my back!!! Time to burn those OMT review books baby!!!

Holy ****, congrats, Doc_Thks_JC!

Subtract 250 points from your score and that's what I got! But who cares, WE ARE DONE WITH THE COMLEX FOREVER!!!

mine still says "exam taken" and not approved. Hmmm...
I am so nervous about this exam with everyone failing and stuff.
what percentage of questions do you need to answer right to pass? I am nauseated over this wait. The finality of it all. PLease pass me!

what percentage of questions do you need to answer right to pass?

that is one of the great mysteries of the comlex.