Do Comlex PE (Level 2) dates get added by NBOME?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SukoonAkhira

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am in my 3rd year of an Osteopathic medical school. I have been trying to register for the PE exam, but all the dates are filled until December. My concern is that if I were to take the exam in December and fail, I won't be able to register for the exam again before graduation. (Because I'll probably get my results sometime in mid February and based on the current exam dates, every date is filled from Mid February to December). Will I only get 1 chance to pass this test?!?! Also, do dates get added by the NBOME in September, October, and November? They should also add dates in February, March, and April just incase there are M4's that need to graduate and need to repeat the exam. I don't get it, every date is filled.

Also, they have 2 sessions on Tuesday and Thursday, but only 1 session on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Why not just have 2 sessions every day of the week?!? Just so students have ample time to retake the test if they don't pass. It would be a tragedy if a student cannot graduate just because they could not register for the exam.

Thanks for helping guys.
Peace.

Members don't see this ad.

Sessions open up all the time, just keep looking everyday. I was able to move up my PE by a few months. It took about a week to prep for it and I passed my first time.

I would take it latest by november so you have it available for ranking during your fourth year.

good luck!

Sessions open up all the time, just keep looking everyday. I was able to move up my PE by a few months. It took about a week to prep for it and I passed my first time.

I would take it latest by november so you have it available for ranking during your fourth year.

good luck!

Thanks WonderBoy... It shouldn't be so difficult, and students should not have to go through so much hassle just to register for an exam. This problem has been going on for looong time, but the NBOME refuses to fix it. Well, I'll keep looking. Good luck on graduation... Peace

Yea its their system so we just have to work with it, trouble is they only can test 12 students per session. Also I think they leave some sessions unbooked for retesting for those who fail the exam. Btw don't underestimate the test when you do take it, many top students in my class came up short in the humanistic portion of the test. I would recommend the PE book by Kaufman and the Combank PE videos if you really want to get the humanistic part down when you do take it.

In the mean time, keep looking for open dates, they do open up from time to time. Plenty of classmates including myself have moved up dates successfully just by being persistent.
Thanks and good luck to you as well!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yea its their system so we just have to work with it, trouble is they only can test 12 students per session. Also I think they leave some sessions unbooked for retesting for those who fail the exam. Btw don't underestimate the test when you do take it, many top students in my class came up short in the humanistic portion of the test. I would recommend the PE book by Kaufman and the Combank PE videos if you really want to get the humanistic part down when you do take it.

In the mean time, keep looking for open dates, they do open up from time to time. Plenty of classmates including myself have moved up dates successfully just by being persistent.
Thanks and good luck to you as well!

I did the COMLEX PE videos and still failed the humanistic portion so I'm not sure if that's best. I think there is no substitute for practicing every case in that book though. I'm just feeling so bummed about it because I'm not someone who ever failed an OSCE and the empathy part is the best part of my grades.

I don't get it...I'm also 3rd yr.. Do we have look for PE dates from now on? Is it that difficult to get them? Are they booked that early on and don't we have to take that in 4th yr.. I'm confused :(