Appropriate to put step scores and ITE scores (if high) on CV for letter writers for fellowship?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SandP

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
or does it come off as being a tool? like I said, only for internal use for LORs, not the real deal. I was fortunate to have steps >250s and ITE >98%ile.

Members don't see this ad.

I had similar scores on my ITE and I did not provide it to my LORs but it did get mentioned in my PD letter and mentioned at multiple interviews. I think it did help me because I was a mediocre med student (step scores to go along with it) but worked a lot harder in residency. I doubt it matters as much if your step scores are good.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had similar scores on my ITE and I did not provide it to my LORs but it did get mentioned in my PD letter and mentioned at multiple interviews. I think it did help me because I was a mediocre med student (step scores to go along with it) but worked a lot harder in residency. I doubt it matters as much if your step scores are good.
PD's are absolutely not supposed to put ITE scores in fellowship LOR's. It's expressly disallowed.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.