Applying without letter of rec from Pod?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

poddocsoon

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have taken my mcat and have everything in order. Is it ok to submit my application to schools without a letter of rec from a podiatrist ( i only have 4 hours right now but within after months I should have 1-2 letters from podiatrists and 30+ hours at least hopefully).

Will schools still be able to offer interviews or would i need to have my letter in before?
(3.18 cGPA-2.92 sGPA-496 MCAT. Shadowed a family doc ~150 hours and cardiologist ~50 hours. if that matters).

Members don't see this ad.

You can apply without it and you'll still probably get interviews if your GPAs and MCAT are up to snuff.

If you get an acceptance, it'll probably be conditional based upon getting a LOR from a podiatrist though. That's how it was for me.

Reactions: 1 users
I have taken my mcat and have everything in order. Is it ok to submit my application to schools without a letter of rec from a podiatrist ( i only have 4 hours right now but within after months I should have 1-2 letters from podiatrists and 30+ hours at least hopefully).

Will schools still be able to offer interviews or would i need to have my letter in before?
(3.18 cGPA-2.92 sGPA-496 MCAT. Shadowed a family doc ~150 hours and cardiologist ~50 hours. if that matters).
You can apply. Some schools let you interview before your LORs.

Check out schools' FAQs.