Applying end of August?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bellaphantt

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am planning on submitting the PTCAS at the end of August- my target date is 8/31. I already feel like I'm "late" on submitting (I know not officially too late), so I'm pretty much just looking for reassurance that it's not too late to submit by that time? I'm still waiting on one PT to submit a LOR, but I only just put in the PTCAS request for it 3 weeks ago so I also don't want to feel like a nag if I send a reminder about it too soon :'( What are your thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! 8/31 is still considered early to me. One of the PT's I work for told me she didnt apply until the deadline in october and she was still accepted. Also a lot of schools have told me to apply early but then I get emails from them saying their going to start reviewing on October 1 so im not sure why they make it seem like we need to apply early when it doesnt even get reviewed early. I guess all schools are different though. And I think 3 weeks is plenty of time to write a recommendation. I would follow up because I had a therapist take a while and was told she forgot when i followed up.

Hey! 8/31 is still considered early to me. One of the PT's I work for told me she didnt apply until the deadline in october and she was still accepted. Also a lot of schools have told me to apply early but then I get emails from them saying their going to start reviewing on October 1 so im not sure why they make it seem like we need to apply early when it doesnt even get reviewed early. I guess all schools are different though. And I think 3 weeks is plenty of time to write a recommendation. I would follow up because I had a therapist take a while and was told she forgot when i followed up.
Thank you so much for your response :) I did reach out to the PT today and they completed it just a few hours later! I might even submit earlier now, if I can get my personal statement completed this week. All but one of the schools I'm applying to has rolling admissions so I'd hope that I would hear back relatively sooner than early 2023 lol. Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! I am planning on submitting the PTCAS at the end of August- my target date is 8/31. I already feel like I'm "late" on submitting (I know not officially too late), so I'm pretty much just looking for reassurance that it's not too late to submit by that time? I'm still waiting on one PT to submit a LOR, but I only just put in the PTCAS request for it 3 weeks ago so I also don't want to feel like a nag if I send a reminder about it too soon :'( What are your thoughts?
Definitely still early! A lot of people still submit in September, October, or even later.

Reactions: 1 user
You're good! I felt the same because I wanted to submit in July and now I'm on track to submit end of August. I talked to several other applicants who are applying in September and even October.

Reactions: 1 user