Application Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ben_loper

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it better to hand write the Application, or have it typed out, I think Typing looks better and like you spent more time, but I don't want to like, over do it? ~ Lope

Members don't see this ad.

For the forms, or for the personal statement, etc.? For the forms, it's usually OK to write them out by hand (assuming your handwriting is legible), but if you can type them, it probably couldn't hurt. I don't think an admissions decision would be influenced by whether you typed or hand-wrote the forms where you fill in your name, etc., unless they're so hard to decipher that the readers can't figure it out or it looks very sloppy. Definitely type the personal statement, CV/resume, and those things, though.

ben_loper said:
Is it better to hand write the Application, or have it typed out, I think Typing looks better and like you spent more time, but I don't want to like, over do it? ~ Lope

For what it's worth, the medical school applicants typically type everything, and I would do the same with a PH application.