application Q's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BMW19

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a few application questions for those lucky ones who have already been thru this nightmare!

1)How many letters of Rec are too many?
2) Is a letter from an MD who knows you well better than one from a DO who knows you for a shorter time period
3)What did you all put for your Perm. address? I grew up in NY (lived there 20 years) but now live down south for the last 4 years. Put new address for current and permanent?
4) Where on the applic. would you put "shadowing a DO" in the internship category?
5) Should we put down that we will retake MCATs in August even if we don't know yet just to be safe?

Any Advice or input would be great
Thanks BMW-

Members don't see this ad.

1) You can't have too many. You can be selective on which ones you send to which schools, but it always helps to have lots. I didn't read any of my letters, but I was able to have my committee pick and choose which letters that they thought were appropriate. Some schools will let you send them all.
2) Yes, sometimes. Play it by ear. You can still get a glowing letter from a person who doesn't know you well. It also may come off as a little more objective. Some schools REQUIRE a DO letter, so you will want to have one.
3) Permanent address is an address that isn't likely to change any time soon (eg. your parents or grandparents address).
4) I talked about shadowing in my personal statement.
5) Not sure, they might hold your application. It depends on your score, I guess.

Best of luck,

WBDO

Thanks for the reply Doc that was helpful