application help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amberkas11309

:)
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Couple of questions.
1) Will schools not accept you or interview you without a letter of recommendation from a podiatrist.
2)the aacpm site said that my transcript was received on the 1st but there is still nothing in my gpa calculations is that normal?
3)I am waiting for my 2nd mcat score...is it possible to not release my first score until my second is in?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Talk to AACPM about it.

I don't think they letters are necessary for interviews.

GPA takes a week or so to upload/calculate.

I don't think you can hide old MCAT scores.

1) I'm not sure about the podiatrist LOR, but other schools have stated to me that they offer interviews even if all the letters haven't been received.

2) GPA calculations only show up upon application submission. If you haven't applied, you won't see it.

3) I believe all MCAT scores are sent.

Members don't see this ad :)
+1 on letters, dont need them for interviews. Im waiting on my gpa calcs too.

After you click "submit" how long does it usually take to hear back form the schools? (all transcripts, MCATs arrived before submit)

I applied around 3 weeks ago. Submitting application and them sending out the verified application took 4 business days. The next day schools had already begun contacting me. I think some schools get the pre-verified application sent to them as a form of advance screening? I can definitely tell you TUSPM took the longest for me: I was sweating bullets to hear back from them.

since i am applying so late in the cycle...do you think arizona or western would be a safer bet?...i know arizona has such a small class size

Both would be a safer bet.

Why limit possibilities to save a couple bucks?

I'm not saying apply everywhere, but if you're down to two, just do both.