App Timing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dochopeful13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Will an app in Feb reduce my chances of admission greatly?? When is it considered late in the pod cycle??

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nice work. A decent mcat score and you could even get some scholarship.

Reactions: 1 user
Nice work. A decent mcat score and you could even get some scholarship.
Thanks man. Mcat studying has really humbled me so I appreciate the words of encouragement. What is a safe score you think. So Feb is still pretty early in the cycle??

I applied to schools in January and got accepted to all the ones I interviewed at. I'd say none of the schools were too close to filling up except midwestern. A 494 and above mcat score would be ideal, but even if you get a 484 you could get into some schools. I attached a PDF showing the average and range of gpa/mcat scores of accepted students. Each school has it's own standards.

Attachments

• 2018-2019_CIB_FINAL_FOR-WEB-1.pdf
    8.6 MB · Views: 180
I agree. If more people knew podiatry had its own application, then there would be better applicants and the schools wouldn't have to admit students for the sake of filling up the class. Probably gonna take 3-5 years of good advertising/outreach by podiatry schools before we see any major changes.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree. If more people knew podiatry had its own application, then there would be better applicants and the schools wouldn't have to admit students for the sake of filling up the class. Probably gonna take 3-5 years of good advertising/outreach by podiatry schools before we see any major changes.
Very true for the longest time I thought my podiatrist was an MD haha. The only negative drawback I see of Podiatry is the potential lower starting salaries you sometimes hear about.

What have your practice tests scores been?
TBH I’m not there yet. I’m in my 30’s and work full time so I only have a few hours at night to dedicate to review. So I am on a 6 month study schedule. What practice tests do you suggest??