App Dilemma + Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prepodiatry

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
BS in Athletic Training
2.82 sGPA
2.91 sGPA with cancelling out retakes
3.35 mathGPA
2.99 cGPA

1090 GRE

Taking 14 credit hours this spring of all science classes,Organic 2 and Physics 2 are two of them, I foresee that semester being a probable GPA booster
Taking the MCAT in March, Got a 19 on the AAMC free practice test without starting studying

So my problem is this: Should I apply now with my low GPA or should I wait til after I get my GPA boost? If my GPA is too low to get an interview now and it raised significantly in the spring could I get an interview then?

Assuming I get an average (22-23) MCAT, how good are my chances of being accepted?

Any information or advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think you might get an invitation somewhere if you can score a 25+

BS in Athletic Training
2.82 sGPA
2.91 sGPA with cancelling out retakes
3.35 mathGPA
2.99 cGPA

1090 GRE

Fairly certain the schools don't cancel out retakes. I think all credit hours get applied to your GPA.

I would apply now and take the MCAT in January. Your chances *should* be better the earlier you apply and I would think you would get at least a few interviews without the MCAT. Some schools won't touch you until they have the scores though. Good Luck!