Apartment. Moving in.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kglmp83

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How far in advance should I start searching for an apartment prior to my first day of optometry school?

How far in advance should I move in?

Members don't see this ad.

How far in advance should I start searching for an apartment prior to my first day of optometry school?

How far in advance should I move in?

Which OD school are you attending?

Which OD school are you attending?

I am wanting to apply to SCO in Tennessee.
My state has an agreement with three schools, which could reduce my tuition. They are SCO, ICO, and another one that I can't think of right now. So it could also be one of these schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am wanting to apply to SCO in Tennessee.
My state has an agreement with three schools, which could reduce my tuition. They are SCO, ICO, and another one that I can't think of right now. So it could also be one of these schools.

I wouldn't wait any less than 2 months before class starts, it can take a few weeks just to get to the point of moving in and you should be settled before the first day of class. I guess you could wait closer to the 1st day of class if the school helps students find housing as then they can most likely get the ball moving faster.

You should call some apartment complexes in the area and ask when they typically fill up. Because IU is in a major college town, the apartments fill up very early around here. Many people begin looking for August in January or even December. If you wait until June to begin looking, your options will be limited.

On the other hand, I would assume that a town without a major university will probably be easier and you could wait a bit longer before securing an apartment.