Anyone willing to read my personal statement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uproarhz

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I know this question has been posted a few times before but none have been posted recently so I wasn't sure if the list of the people who are willing to read personal statements has changed or not.

I just got done with my personal statement. I have given it to a few PhDs at my work to look over it and give me their comments, but since I don't know any MD/PhDs I would greatly appreciate it if any of you current or past MSTPs have the time to read it and give me your comments.

I know I'm asking for too much, but since it's getting pretty late, I was wondering if any of you could do it within the next couple of days. I am really sorry for asking for so much but I have been swamped with research (I work full time in a lab and am in charge of training two new summer interns in addition to my own work) and moving from my old apartment to a new place. So it's been crazy for me, but I really want to get the AMCAS out.

I was considering doing a professional editing with Essay Edge. I'm not cheap, I would spend the money even though I don't have a whole lot of it, but I honestly don't know if they know what MSTP programs are looking for the be able to comment on it other than the grammer and that kind of thing. Let me know if you have used it and they were particularly helpful.

Thanks a lot

Members don't see this ad.

uproarhz said:
Hi Everyone,
I know this question has been posted a few times before but none have been posted recently so I wasn't sure if the list of the people who are willing to read personal statements has changed or not.
Thanks a lot

I'll be more than happy to read it. I'm reading a friend's right now (he's also applying for this year). Plus, I used to be on our program's admission's committee. If you want, email it to: genegoddess (at) gmail.com

I remember going through the process, and it's not easy. I'd be happy to read it. Just PM it to me, if you wish.

S.