anyone interviwed in Dec/Jan still waiting to hear from BU?....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey i too am waiting n waiting since i interviewed at BU in nov...
I guess this thursday they would decide on the pending applications...
n mine is one of them...
All thebest to all those waiting....for BU results...
pooja

Members don't see this ad.

Hello friends,
I know all of you are eagerly waiting to hear from BU...you shall be hearing soon. i was interviewed on dec 4 and received a letter yesterday.
I have been rejected...as i had anticipated. i am sure it wont be so for all of you,I just wanted all the sdn friends to know that the wait will soon come to an end.
Giffy

Hey Pinktooth, Pinkpeanuts
thanks for the concern. well, i dont plan to join uconn even if i get coz they either offer 3 or 4 yr prog plus they r more didactic, n research oriented n i am interested in the clinical work. i guess thats not the place for me. but still i will be goin for the interview comming monday. I'll keep u guys posted with it.
i wish u all luck n if anyone comming to NYU i'll be happy to see you
tweety

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Giffy
I am sorry to hear that. just forget it coz there must be something better in store for you. i got the letter yesterday n i was rejected too.
dont loose hopes.we are all with you
tweety

Thanks tweety!! i think you arent aware but i am going to UCSF and was not really waiting to hear from BU cos its been 2 months since i got accepted at UCSF.
Anyways thanks for your kind words and i wish you the same. i am sure there is better stuff in store for you too
Giffy

wow congrats. anyways UCSF is a better place to be in.
good luck to u Giffy
tweety

Hi everyone,
i called nichole today ,she told me that they are going to take final decison on all the applications this thursday and we will get the results by next monday

so lets all pray for the best
bye

Thats such a good news...
I am so tired of waiting: I just want the results either ways....
POOJA

Keeping all my fingers crossed...

hi,
me too
i am getting so tensed up, i am not able to think of anything else.
just waiting for monday to get the letter

god be with all of us
bye

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

All the best to all of you waiting to hear from BU!

Good luck to all of you guys:thumbup: :thumbup: .

Originally posted by pinkpeanuts

Hi Sam,
Not really started the Part2 perp,thinking of retaking Part1.Actually,waiting to hear from BU before i make a decision.hope i get to apply to NYU at least next year.Good luck. [/B]

Hi pinkpeanuts :

Sorry I did not see this post (I was out of my mind during the past few days ) . Did we meet at BU interview??????

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Sam,
Was interviewed on the 26th of feb at BU.Not sure if we met....

Mine was on the 11th/December .

hi,
did anyone called BU to find out if the application is reviewed
:( :confused:
bye

Hi,
I got rejection letter from BU.

sorry to hear that anvi..
may be something better is there for you.

Did anybody receive any letter from BU??
pooja

hi anvi,
i am sorry to hear that
would you please tell us when did u recieve the letter?

bye

hi all,
i didnt get anything last week. did any1 call thm up last week?r they really going to review all applications by this week?

anvi, i am really sorry to hear tht.i have replied to ur pm. hope u can come to some decision abt nyu. i still havent decided. very confused
:(

anvi :

I am really sorry to hear about that .

I received the letter on mar 20(saturday).And myinterview was on jan 15.

hi all,
i just called up BU. nicole told me that my application was reviewed and the letters were being mailed out this afternoon. so i should get it in 2-3 days. i am happy that finally it is coming. i am really not bothered anymore what it is as i know it is going to be a reject. . the news is that she said that all the applications were not reviewed and the rest will be reviewed this thursday. i had my interview on Jan 8th. i think u guys should call up nicole and find out. i also tried asking her what the letter was about but she said they could not disclose the decisions on the phone.

sanju

Thanks for sharing information sanju,
I too was waiting for a letter in my mail box but didnt get it today... may be in a day or two..
did she say that all these letters are rejection letters??
pooja

hi
my application was being reviewed on thursday and i may be getting it on wed
i hope it is positive!!!

hi pooja

what those are rejection letters!!!!:confused: +pissed+ :scared:

did nicole tell u?

I talked to nicole just now.they havnt decided on my application yet!!
i guess i will have to wait for some more time...
pooja

busydentist and pooja,
i am sorry i did not mean rejection letters. i just am too pessimistic and think i will be getting one. but no, nicole did not say anything about the letters. she jsut said thay have sent a few out today. sorry abt the misunderstanding.

sanju

this wait is getting really boooring and stressful!!.

sanju

ya definitely stressful . in all this mess has any1 got ann acceptance?

Hi Ann,
Did you decide anything about NYU?

got to check today. no anvi i havent yet.

even i havnt receied lost any hope now..
pooja

hi all,
i recieved my long awaited letter from BU today. i have been put on the alternate list (wait list ) for the year 2004. they have mentioned in the letter that in case there is a vacancy in the 2004 class they will let me know or else i should reactivate my application for the next year in August.I am glad that the wat is finally over.

all the best to all those who are waiting.

sanju

All the best Sanju...
I didn't receive a letter today also.
I have a feeling that they are just reviewing candidates for alternate list :(

Originally posted by Sanju
hi all,
i recieved my long awaited letter from BU today. i have been put on the alternate list (wait list ) for the year 2004. they have mentioned in the letter that in case there is a vacancy in the 2004 class they will let me know or else i should reactivate my application for the next year in August.I am glad that the wat is finally over.

all the best to all those who are waiting.

sanju

All the best sanju, will keep my fingers crossed:horns:

hi sanju,

its good that u have received the letter.
i hope many people will leave at the end

pray for the best

bye

thanks mrinalini, pinktooth and busydentist. pinktooth, i think you will recieve a positive reply from BU soon..

sanju

all the best to you too busydentist.

sanju

thank you Very Much,
did u ask them where you stand in the waiting list and when will they start to accept people from waiting list.

i didnt get my letter still
this time when i called them , she told me that they have reviewed but didnt decide anything . its really irritating because when i called her few days back she told me that my application has been reviewed and the letter will be sent out monday afternoon.

this is worst management i have seen.how can they just lie like that??
bye

All the best sanju!
I am too waiting to hear from them but didn't receive anything till now:confused: :confused:

hey busydentist, nicole did the same thing for me too..
she said my letter has been mailed n i waited in vain...
finally after two days i called her ...n then she said they havnt decided about my application...
anyways all the best to all those waiting...
sanju sorry to hear about the letter...
pooja

hi sanju,
hang on in thr. maybe u will still get through.lot of poeple will leave Bu. whn i was at the interview it was mentioned that a few people didnt get student visas from their respective countries, and so had to wait for the next year. so maybe u will get lucky tht way too.
hey guys ,nothing for me either.i think pinktooth maybe right.they might just be reviewing students for the alternate list.
well all the best to all of us.

hi guys,

thanks busy dentist and Ann03. i am now looking at reapplying next year. if i do get lucky this year nothing like it but i am not pinning too many hopes on it. i spoke to a guy who had grduated from BU today. he told me that BU normally interviews people in Jan and feb for he alternate list and in march for early acceptances for next year.

i do not know how much of that is true. so i think you guys should still eep hopes. as someone said there are still a few seats. so you'll might just get in. also an early acceptance for next year is in any way better than a waitlist. so all the best for all those waiting. i hope you all get positive and good replies.

sanju.

thnaks ram7378.

sanju

he told me that BU normally interviews people in Jan and feb for he alternate list and in march for early acceptances for next year.

Take it easy Sanju & whatever he told you is NOT true .If you want the proof ,check old posts,coz I remeber reading some members who were interviewed in earlyJAN & the got accepted at the end of it.

hi sanju,
i couldnt get you
people on the waiting list will be given an early acceptance next year. nis that what your friend meant to say!!!

thanks

no busy dentist. i think what he meant was that people interviewed in march were for early acceptances for next year . but as sam3 says it may not be true.

sam3 , i have no hopes for this year. i just posted what i heard. i am now preparing for part 2 and have mentally prepared myself for reapplying next ear.

sanju