Anyone had any experience with Daridorexant (Quviviq) for insomnia?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

the5thelement

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This was FDA approved earlier this year and patients have been asking about it. Its a orexin antagonist
and contra indicated in Narcolepsy. I am always reluctant
to prescribe anything long term for insomnia and always try to direct patients towards non-pharm alternatives.
But insomnia is a major complaint in the severely mentally ill patients i see and it never hurts to have more choices which
could potentially do some benefit.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't prescribed it, but I have prescribed Dayvigo. Does not seem to work any better than z-drugs. I am not sure Quviviq is even on insurance formularies at this time. There is some research individuals with OUD have dysregulated orexin system. A me-too drug IMHO, however, if it gets non-controlled status perhaps I will utilize it more

I haven't prescribed it, but I have prescribed Dayvigo. Does not seem to work any better than z-drugs. I am not sure Quviviq is even on insurance formularies at this time. There is some research individuals with OUD have dysregulated orexin system. A me-too drug IMHO, however, if it gets non-controlled status perhaps I will utilize it more
Interestingly the only patient I have had on Dayvigo was a severe OUD case. She did excellent with Dayvigo and had real deal bipolar 1 d/o, so ensuring adequate sleep was at the utmost of my concerns.

Reactions: 1 user
I've prescribed it. At this point I don't see why this medication would be superior to Belsomra if at all. Due to it being new it's very expensive but the company will pay for most of it if you have it mailed in from a specific specialty pharmacy.

Dayvigo-haven't prescribed it because I haven't been able to get 1 company to pay for it yet.