Anyone else on interview invitation hiatus?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
woo-sah.:smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not compulsive-obsessive or a freak.

I just check my email every 10 minutes and SDN every 20minutes.

Med school apps are my life - what a life.

Okay I am a freak. :laugh: And obsessive...

Members don't see this ad :)
can i get another invite? pleeeeeeeeeeeeez? :rolleyes:

this whole thing sucks and i cant wait until its over. i started a jogging regimen to release all this stress. it was working but the stress is building up again. this sucks:barf:+pissed+

seriously, what the heck. I stopped receiving invites since late september, when I received 7 invites. C'mon now!

Where are my interviews, Lucky Thread???!! Please bring them to me soon!!

my inbox has been a VERY VERY lonely place for the last couple of weeks....come on wonderful thread, do your thang!:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

Dear Magic Thread,

There are two more days left in this week. Please send me an interview invite before the week is over!!! I am very grateful. Thanks!

Sincerely,

BullishMD

dear magical thread,
there are still 19 schools that have not gotten back to me...please I hope to hear back from just half (~9 schools)...that would be great!
g8terboi

Members don't see this ad :)
You worked once...can you do it again?

grrr...got rejected pre-interview from Columbia today. C'mon good luck come my way.

More than 6 weeks now.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

why does this thread hold no luck for me?!!

OK, got my 1st rejection. I think it's time to wash that away with another interview or two.

I haven't heard from any schools for a while. I'm thinking that this may be it.

Lucky Thread! Thank you so much! I have been on a hiatus since late Aug/early Sept but I just heard from one of my top schools... and I have an interview! Thank you and please send some more my way :)

:luck::luck::luck: I hope this will be a lucky Friday! Pleeeeassseeee~~!:luck::luck::luck:

thank you thread. interview from one of my top schools came today. And to think i was beginning to lose hope

So I got really excited, it said Gmail-Inbox (1), i opened the window, i saw the letters SOM and the word interview first, and then, realized that it was a confirmation for an interview next week that i've had scheduled for a while. I know that i've recieved my share, and that i'm probably about done, but if NYC could throw an interview my way, i'd be forever greatful. thanks thread!

Dear thread,
I've changed my mind. I am very satisfied with what i have, and if i don't get to move back to ny, so be it. I guess it wasn't meant to be. I am tired of hogging interviews. I have a good friend on my ambulance company, and she wants this more than anything. And the thing is, as hard as i've worked my whole life, i think she might deserve it even more than i do. So, she took the Sept. MCAT and was dissapointed with her score, and is really stressed out because she hasn't heard from any schools since her score was released. I think, that if you could send HER an invite, I'd be happier than i would be if i got a ny one. So, how does that sound? Can you do that for me thread? I PROMISE she'll be a phenomenal doctor. Her bedside manner is great, she's caring and sweet and so smart, just needs a little more confidence, which i'm sure could be inspired by her first interview. Thanks thread!!

you know what, im just going to go to my three interviews and make a dollar out of five cents

enough with status checks and begging for more interviews, i'll take what i get

you know what, im just going to go to my three interviews and make a dollar out of five cents

enough with status checks and begging for more interviews, i'll take what i get
That's my plan as well. I've got one more, but I plan to knock it out of the park.

even if everything fails, in spirit of the Cubs, there's always next year!

even if everything fails, in spirit of the Cubs, there's always next year!

I don't care for how it seems that all the reapplies on here are getting no interviews when they landed multiple last year. Makes me a mite nervous, as Carl from Sling Blade would say...

Dear thread,
I've changed my mind. I am very satisfied with what i have, and if i don't get to move back to ny, so be it. I guess it wasn't meant to be. I am tired of hogging interviews. I have a good friend on my ambulance company, and she wants this more than anything. And the thing is, as hard as i've worked my whole life, i think she might deserve it even more than i do. So, she took the Sept. MCAT and was dissapointed with her score, and is really stressed out because she hasn't heard from any schools since her score was released. I think, that if you could send HER an invite, I'd be happier than i would be if i got a ny one. So, how does that sound? Can you do that for me thread? I PROMISE she'll be a phenomenal doctor. Her bedside manner is great, she's caring and sweet and so smart, just needs a little more confidence, which i'm sure could be inspired by her first interview. Thanks thread!!

that's so sweet!

I think he's secretly trying to work the karma gods in his favor and there's really no altruism involved at all.

I know. I'm such a cynic.

HAHAHAHAHAHA...well if it works, and he can outsmart the karma gods, then those gods need to be replaced. they are not doing their job well :p

okay two things:
1. i'm a she...
2. no i'm being serious!!! hehe although if the thread gods wanted to reward me for being altruistic, i wouldn't be upset about it, but really at this point i've gotten a lot more than i've ever expected, so asking for more is really just selfish, even if i had a good reason. And she's so great, i just want her to get a fair shot. her numbers are a little low but if she could just get a foot in the door i know she'd shine.

Ok just a few more hours before the weekend.... common magic thread, please give me something to celebrate over tonight.

Thanks in advance.

Magic thread,

If you get me a couple interviews, I will get down on my knees and make you so happy.

(By praying for your good health, of course.)

Ok. I'm giving in and writing on this thing. Please PLEASE PLEASE send me some lovin'. I really would like to get some more interviews!!!!!!

okay two things:
1. i'm a she...
2. no i'm being serious!!! hehe although if the thread gods wanted to reward me for being altruistic, i wouldn't be upset about it, but really at this point i've gotten a lot more than i've ever expected, so asking for more is really just selfish, even if i had a good reason. And she's so great, i just want her to get a fair shot. her numbers are a little low but if she could just get a foot in the door i know she'd shine.
Sorry about that. I just guessed your gender and came up on the wrong side of that coin toss...

I was just kidding, anyway. I think that's nice that you're willing to share the wealth. There seriously are a lot of people who deserve it that just aren't given a shot because of the overwhelming number of applicants...

Sorry about that. I just guessed your gender and came up on the wrong side of that coin toss...

I was just kidding, anyway. I think that's nice that you're willing to share the wealth. There seriously are a lot of people who deserve it that just aren't given a shot because of the overwhelming number of applicants...
it's true, especially those who get stuck applying late. that's why i'm worried for her.
OOO and i'm in EMS too! joining your little club.

it's true, especially those who get stuck applying late. that's why i'm worried for her.
OOO and i'm in EMS too! joining your little club.

oooooooh...we have a little club :D

I would like to thank this lucky thread for my Yale interview invite but....I shouldnt be this selfish but I want more!!! Please lucky thread give me Cornell!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.