Will I be invited to an interview without all my transcripts submitted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lawrence Ubah

Reaction score
I am thinking of taking an art class and 2 more classes to boost my gpa one last time. But I don’t want it to hinder my chances of getting a medical school interview. I’m not sure if medical schools require that they receive all my transcripts before they invite me for an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Welcome to the forums.

I don't think you understand the process completely. You are required to send your transcripts to the central application service (AMCAS). AMCAS will verify your transcript and send your application to the schools. Then the schools will review your application to consider for interview.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, an applicant can be interviewed while they are still taking classes. Those classes will show up on your transcript(s) but obviously won’t show a grade yet. The GPA that we see is based on the classes you have already completed.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You can submit your app whenever you like. However, if the grades are not back when you submit, then you won't be able to update your GPA once your grades come in.

Basically, any classes you take after you submit your application will only help in the case that you wind up needing to reapply in a year.

Reactions: 3 users
I am thinking of taking an art class and 2 more classes to boost my gpa one last time. But I don’t want it to hinder my chances of getting a medical school interview. I’m not sure if medical schools require that they receive all my transcripts before they invite me for an interview?
Your GPAs won’t change after your primary application has been verified. So taking additional classes is okay but they won’t count in your GPA. And they won’t prevent you from receiving interviews.

Reactions: 4 users