Anyone apply to HKU/ CUHK for Sept 2011 Entry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone hear anything from HKU after the interview?

any interview invitation from cuhk for non-jupas school leaver?

Members don't see this ad :)
do you know if anyone from that interview has got anything back yet? and is that for form 7 ones or degree holders?

All the ppl I met there have a degree. I don't know if offers have been sent out yet, so far I heard nothing.

All the ppl I met there have a degree. I don't know if offers have been sent out yet, so far I heard nothing.

Oh okay was that the first interview you had then? Will there be second interviews?

There is only one round of interview from HKU. I have not heard anything from CUHK yet.

I called HKU to asked when the results will be out today. The lady said we'll know about that early July, mid-July. Good luck guys.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ya I called too. Same response from the lady. It should be for the non-jupas degree holders.

It's official. My application to HKU this year was "Unsuccessful".
Though not a happy one, I'm simply glad to know my result. :oops:

Good luck to everyone else! :)

It's official. My application to HKU this year was "Unsuccessful".
Though not a happy one, I'm simply glad to know my result. :oops:

Good luck to everyone else! :)

Dear MHPL,

regret to hear that, don't lose hope, may be your CUHK application will be successful.

By the way, your application status changed after your HKU interview ?

MHPL, don't lose hope! I applied a few years ago and was rejected, too.

If you don't mind me asking, were you offered an interview, or did they reject you based on your application alone?

Peter & mbbshopeful: Unfortunately I didn't even make it to the HKU interviews.
Thank you for your words of support. Good luck to you. :)

@ufo857386, I did not apply to CUHK unfortunately

As of today, nothing from HKU after the interview and nothing from CUHK at all......

got an email from HKU today post-interview asking for transcript and latest results. anyone else did?

Hey Mbbshopeful,

I didn't get such email. are you graduating this year?

I graduated a month ago. Perhaps you have already sent in your final transcript? I haven't done so yet and that's maybe why they're asking for it

I have a friend from my school who applied through the nonJUPAS entry and she got accepted into HKU's med program last week

jessjchan, your friend just graduated from high school, right? in other words, she's not a degree-holder?

I have a friend from my school who applied through the nonJUPAS entry and she got accepted into HKU's med program last week

Dear jessjchan,

Your friend is a high school graduate or a degree holder ?

whereabouts is her high school? in US? UK? Canada?

:eek:

just posting to be weird cuz I'm bored

carry on.. :D

anyone applied for a transfer here?

I applied to HKU n CUHK.

Received a letter from HKU last week telling me my application was unsuccessful.

Attended an interview in mid April but I performed quite badly. Haven't had any news since then.

I'm just anxious.

Did anyone receive a CUHK offer so far?

I applied to HKU n CUHK.

Received a letter from HKU last week telling me my application was unsuccessful.

Attended an interview in mid April but I performed quite badly. Haven't had any news since then.

I'm just anxious.

Did anyone receive a CUHK offer so far?

Anyone in this forum hears any further news from HKU or CUHK ?

Hi guys, I just called the Admission Office of CUHK this morning and a lady said so far they have just given out a few offers and the majority involved admission into year 2 and 3 studies.

Still anxious.

Hi guys, I just called the Admission Office of CUHK this morning and a lady said so far they have just given out a few offers and the majority involved admission into year 2 and 3 studies.

Still anxious.

Would you mind telling us whether you are a high school graduate or a degree holder ? Besides, when do you have the CUHK interview ?

Just wondering, did anyone else also get asked by HKU for an official final copy of transcript (besides mbbshopeful)?

And also, I just received an email from CU for invitation to interview on July 13th...so I believe CU is still processing their applicants for interviews.

are you EAS, non-jupas? or degree holders?

Would you mind telling us whether you are a high school graduate or a degree holder ? Besides, when do you have the CUHK interview ?

I just obtained my master degree last year and I had CUHK interview in mid-April.

Just wondering, did anyone else also get asked by HKU for an official final copy of transcript (besides mbbshopeful)?

And also, I just received an email from CU for invitation to interview on July 13th...so I believe CU is still processing their applicants for interviews.
By "just" do you literally mean a few hours ago :eek:
Wow can't believe they are informing people so late...:eek:

I received my cuhk interview on wed.

I was invited for the CUHK interview on wed, and HKU interview on mon.

My application status was initially "unsuccessful" for the MBBS course for HKU however they offered me an interview opportunity after i sent them my results..

Anyone have any ideas of what questions they will give? Help please?!

@suggaplum, are you a Non-JUPAS, degree holder? By results, do you mean your transcript for your final marks?

Wow,

I got an invite to CUHK today in the morning (probably around 6pm HK local time) for the interview. I almost thought I had a vertigo and needed Serc...

Hey congrats serc,

are you a non-jupus degree holder? Would you mind posting your GPA? Right now I'm beginning 3rd year undergrad and my average is around 85% so I was wondering if I'm getting rejected because my marks are too low or I don't have enough extracurricular activities

I was in Vancouver and was in a Christian talk. Guess what? The Vice-Chancellor of CUHK prof Joseph Sung (Hero of Asia) was there. I asked him about admission. All he said was three letters G-P-A

So I guess extra-curricular activities don't count as much, at least in the pre-interview stage.

My gpa is less than stellar. It's actually pretty atrocious, but then I worked myself really really hard in the most recent two years to make up for it.

So make a long story short, don't lose heart. Make sure your 85% is actually result of an average with LOW standard deviation and I guess that should help. Just PM me for question

Last edited:
Didn't get any interviews and status officially changed to
"Not selected for an offer" yesterday :(

Good luck to the others!