Anyone apply to HKU/ CUHK for Sept 2011 Entry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MHPL

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. :)

Out of curiosity, did anyone here apply to HKU/ CUHK for Sept 2011 Entry?

Members don't see this ad.

not easy. I will not consider these two coz I can't speak Cantonese.

Hi again. :)

I asked because I did apply to both HKU and CUHK, and I wanted to see if anyone else here did also!
So far, nothing from them yet... though I knew my chances were slim to start with. :oops:

To qxz246: I do speak Cantonese, but that's about it. I thought their classes were in English though... :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
I did too.but haven't hear anything yet. I guess my chances are pretty slim too. Just out of curiosity, may I ask if you are applying for non-jupas as a degree holder?

hi guys... my application to HKU was unsuccessful... was applying thru the non-JUPAS with a degree. I guess my bachelor's degree GPA was not high enough.

HKU just updated statues yesterday, Feb. 28, 2011

May I ask what your marks were like for your Bachelor's? I applied to both HKU and CUHK.

Hi, I also applied to HKU and CUHK MBBS for 2011 entry. I am currently finishing my undergrad degree (Sc.B biology) and am so so anxious to hear back!

I'm still going my undergrad as well. I haven't heard back from them yet either.
LazyCatCat, did you apply to CUHK also? If so, there's still hope! :)

By the way, where is everyone from? ... Toronto represent!!! :D

i'm from hong kong and currently studying in the U.S

hi guys, any news on when interview offers are out?

a friend of my friend is an AL student studying in the UK (she'll most likely be entering through early admissions because she did well on her GCSEs), and she got a phone call three days ago for an interview for CUHK. so i guess they've begun the interview process for non-jupas...

mbbshopeful. which part of the States are you studying in?

Members don't see this ad :)
mbbshopeful: Congrats to your friend's friend! :) Just curious, it's not a phone interview right? She's been invited to attend the interview in HK?

nope, she has to fly back to HK.

i study on the east coast!

not yet...

think there will be soon???

i applied as well. till today has not received news from them. i guess the outcome will soon be released right....

i have not received any news :( what about others? have anyone received invitations to interviews?

How do you know? :)
I am really a bit lost..
I can't wait for April to come, at the same time, worry that I won't receive any invitation.
I guess everyone feels the same, so pray hard! :D
please update...if anyone has received any news :)

I did an interview with CUHK for BPharm yesterday, and I got my invite from HKU dental today. Nonjupas btw.

I did an interview with CUHK for BPharm yesterday, and I got my invite from HKU dental today. Nonjupas btw.

Hi I applied to CUHK pharmacy through non-jupas as well. Did you put it as a first choice?

i called them and they said they will not be sending out invitations for interviews to non-jupas degree holders till june. wtf.

Yay, congrats to shinkokitai for receiving an interview from both Pharm and Dental!! I hope your interviews go well!

Meanwhile, no news yet from either HKU or CUHK med. But, I remember two years ago, all my rejections came around mid April.

mbbshopeful, so while CUHK already made interview invitations for their non-jupas applicants, HKU is making us wait till June?! :( Also, from one of your earlier posts, you said your friend got a CUHK invite in the beginning of March... it's been a few weeks since, are they still sending out invites? ... :(

Well, I guess as long as we're still "under consideration", we still have hope!! :)

congratulations! is dentistry your first choice for HKU? dentistry is my third choice. no news yet...

congratulations! is dentistry your first choice for HKU? dentistry is my third choice. no news yet...

thanks. but interview does not guarantee admission, so it's too early for congrats yet. and yes, dentistry is my first choice.

thanks. but interview does not guarantee admission, so it's too early for congrats yet. and yes, dentistry is my first choice.

did the email list any conditions you have to meet or did they only tell you about the interview?

Hi,
Have anyone had received any offer from HKU through the non-jupas stream? I applied for the BDS (6107) program and the admin told me that interviews will be granted at the end of march but no further informationwas received.

Does this happen to you guys as well or it's just me?
Thank you very much

did the email list any conditions you have to meet or did they only tell you about the interview?

they only told me about the interview. i think they list conditions only when they give you an offer (like a conditional acceptance)

DBS was my second choice, but still no word.

DBS was my second choice, but still no word.

same here.
In case if the decision is “under consideration”, it means that the programme admissions committee members are unable to make a final decision at this stage. Assessment will continue until end of August, the latest.
i emailed HKU and it was their reply.
may i ask you guys what would you all do or what course you all are going to take if HKU reject you? is biomedicine course good?

So I have contacted the faculty of dentistry of HKU and basically they told me that the faculty has already sent out the interview invitations to all shortlisted non-JUPAS candidates. If haven't heard from them, then you are not on the shortlist this round. :(

did you by any chance ask about the MBBS status?

have to wait till next week now...

So I have contacted the faculty of dentistry of HKU and basically they told me that the faculty has already sent out the interview invitations to all shortlisted non-JUPAS candidates. If haven't heard from them, then you are not on the shortlist this round. :(

i have not received any news too.
i applied taiwan universities as well, applied 7 uni for medicine and dentistry and were rejected by all. seems that it is even more hopeless for HKU application.
found another local uni in my country, will start medicine course in May. :)
and it is so expensive...have to take up loans and pray that financial problems can be settled!
All the best, everyone!

from my understanding, both CUHK and HKU have started sending out invites to Non-jupas NON-DEGREE holders. For those of us who are degree holders, we are going to have to wait till at least till june until they send out invites for interviews.

really, it makes no sense. i can't make any other plans because of them.

from my understanding, both CUHK and HKU have started sending out invites to Non-jupas NON-DEGREE holders. For those of us who are degree holders, we are going to have to wait till at least till june until they send out invites for interviews.

really, it makes no sense. i can't make any other plans because of them.

they already sent out invitation for non-degree holders? i am a high school graduate. nvr mind, i will not give up medicine :) all the best :)