Anybody here in pediatrics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samisab786

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I apologize if this is a repetitive and bothersome question. I'm currently a pre-pharmacy student who may make the switch to pre-medicine. I like being around kids and teenagers, so whatever career I choose, I'd like to have interaction with children. I just wanted to get an idea of what pediatrics may be like. I am more concerned about seeing happy kids and making kids laugh than earning loads of bucks, so it's not the money that concerns me. However, I AM concerned about work hours since life in the future will probably force me to be at home a lot more than now. How many hours does a ped generally work in a normal week? And how many times are they "on call"? I've browsed through a couple of websites and it seems like peds usually don't work out-of-control and aren't on call if they work within a team of health-care-professionals. Some websites however didn't fall under the same consensus. If any of you here are can give me some idea of what it is like working as a ped, I'd appreciate it loads.
Thanks.
-Samia

Members don't see this ad.