AA RN here!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Like?

• A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B

• C

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Newtonian21

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi people,
I've been lurking in here for quite a bit. I am a non-trad RN with a BSN. My intial goal was med school before some personal circumstances came around. But I have taken the step back up again to pursue my dream. SDN continues to encourage me day in day out. so far started taking classes last year. Previously I had biology classes before I graduated in 2014.
Cell bio A
Advanced cell bio B
A&P I&II A's
Algebra B
Statistics A
All the nursing classes A, B, C's. Nursing school is not hard they just overate it, to get an A was 94% up in my school with all the clinicals and studying same time. Everyone yearned for a pass grade which was 77% to a C. But I tried my best to get the A's and B's I could. However ended up with some C's.

Now since 2015
Gen Chem I B
Genetics B
Gen Chem II B
Gen Chem I&II Labs A
Physics I&II w/ labs B

Overall GPA 3.23. Still have O'chem and Biochem to take. I still work as an RN 36-40hrs a week .
Volunteer 4hrs every week at a homeless shelter. Did research this past semester with a science professor. Plan to continue next semester.
At this point I'm thinking I have a rough path with this GPA. My goal is to get all A's in remainder of my classes, will do what it takes to bring my GPA up a little.
What are my chances? Any RN in the forum who've been admitted? Any body at all please advice. Thanks!

And my school has both Gen Chem I&II this summer, should I retake them both instead of taking o'chem now? I can retake them to get A's in those classes. I don't know how that might help but might help a little with the GP.

Members don't see this ad.

If you can do well in OCHEM and Biochem and get a decent MCAT score you may be in good shape. Your state of residence may also affect your chances but on paper as an applicant I would say you should have a shot at the very least in DO school and maybe MD depending on your grades/MCAT

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile