Any SIKHS out there ????????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello guyz,

I m from patiala... and have recently moved to the states. I have been visiting this site for weeks now...but seeing this thread about punjabi's made my DAY !!! lets try and keep in touch ya'll.

..Hi
are u from GDC patiala? which batch?

Members don't see this ad.

I am from US. ILL state.
Sikh with a Turban

Dr. New York , cavity79 , giglybe , desidoctor , kamini , dosanjh, Mr_Dentist, ASB, nu bahut saari welcome. :)

This is your own thread so feel free to write here. If anybody needs any help , can write here.

Hey munnabhai dds, I am good. How are you? Yepp thats true so many from Toronto itself. So are you preparing for part 1 or EE ?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey decjunia

ya i am preparing for part 1. i got 84 which i gave before. now preparing again. will give in nov or dec..how abt u???

hi, i m intersted in material u r giving.... kaplan review& kaplan q book .... i really appreciate ur help.... [email protected]

hI aLL,

Please I am not selling any material here. Yes I am busy with my dental school, so it difficult for me to come back to SDN. Its really a very helpful website. I will do my best to answer few of your questions.

good luck to u all.

singh

ssa to all the sikhs out there...am from asr...its a very good thread for all punjabis put there..am in u.s. ...just came from back home..miss india like everyone else..there's no place like pb...paar jitho da dana pani likhya hai....

hi to all

I feel really very happy to see so many inputs over here. As everyone is disclosing which city they belong to, so here its my lovely, small, grade A city of Punjab......PATIALA.....I am proud of to be Patialvi and of Patilavi turban style.Miss my city and people a lot. Manu De Lassi da koi mukabla nahi. Sheraanwala gate, Barandari, Kila chownk, BYYI no. Phatak, Jaggi sweets, Gopal Sweets, .............and at last but famous all over world is Punjabi Juti.

hi are u also from patiala? which batch?

Hi Gag Which Books Should I Refer And Normally How Much Time Is Reqired For Preparation

hi plant
u need dental decks 1&2 , asda papers, canadian papers,text books for reference to prepare for the`exam and i really cannt say ab time u need to prepare as that depends upon no of thigs....how long u have been out of touch with theory ,whether u r working or not ,bla bla.but i one thing i'll say is u need to be really well prepared for it as it is not so simple.there r lot many trick questions for which u really need to have athorough knowledge.
good luck

i absolutely agree with gag, that's why I am asking all others to come forward & help. Good going gag :thumbup: . we need more people like you. Anyway how have you been? How was your interview at UofT?

hey sonu_9 I don't think dentisthoney is selling that material. so if you need to buy Kaplan material you can go at www.kaplan.com & check out there. They've an online q-bank which you need to purchase.

Welcome munnabhai_dds. Saada haal chaal vadiya. Tussi sunaao. Tussi Toronto rehne ho ke Brampton? Assi vi toronto de bashinde han.

hi decjunia
i'm good,but just alittle busy with school.my interview was kinda okay last year. actually toronto is really vague ab the admission crieteria.i don't know what they try to look for in acandidate during interview.if anyone needs to kind of have an idead ab the question they generally ask , u may go dsearch for one of my threads"canadian ee candidates must read this one'.
anyways , hor sab kiddan hai?any plans to go to india?

Hi Gag,

Nope ! I actully did my BDS from Manipal. But I had my own dental clinic in Patiala.... opposite to Punjabi University.

Thanks Gag .so, R U Busy In Canadian Uni Interviews Or Nbde..
Good Luck For The Interview And I Pray For U Will Suceed Soon..tc Bye

hi plant
thanx for the wishes,buddy.by the grace of god, i got accepted last year.
tc

Hi Congrats Yarr.nice To Hear That You R Already In.did U Got In Toronto Or U.s.. P

Members don't see this ad :)
count me in ..am from asr..punjabian di balle balle..chak de fate!!!

hey guys,
sareyan nu SSA! Its been long since i checked the forum...good to see the thread going strong! Punjabiyan di balle!!!

I was in Punjab last summer, anyone from Jhalandar?
Anyone ever go to the restaurant, "Rangla Punjab/ Haveli" ?
That place is one of the best places EVER!!! A true represenation of the kheta, havava, teh Miti di Khoosboo of PUNJAB! :cool: :D :cool:

[Jazzy B, Gurdas Mann, Sukshinder Shinda, Babbu Mann
lol... never thought u would see their names on Student Doctor.net!?! :D ]

Who has been living in Punjab and has not been to Haveli?
No one!!!!
Beautiful place.
There is one near ludhiana too.
I had my reception there..
Everyone should visit it.
Bulbul.

hello from my side to all of u

HI HELLO :clap: :clap: SSA WHERE ARE ALL GONE .. NO POST FROM ANYONE.. BUSY IN STUDYING!!

Sat Sri Akal

Happy Diwali !!!!!!!!Howz everybody doing?
If u guys r intrested i watching desi movies online.......here is da link

http://desionline.net/forum/

Hi
Guys I am from ludhians....i was sooooo happy to come across this thread....and reading about those familiar places back home and so very known words was like so much of relief ....i am not alone soo far...so many of us our together...great...but how come people are lost where are you all buddies....kithe ho bhai....aa vi jaaooo hun....
good luck

Sat-sri-akal:)

HAPPY GURUPURAB TO ALL

[i Am From Ludhiana Too,planning To Take My Ndb 1

Any body from DIRDS ,Faridkot.

hi
Is any one from you presently in vancouver..surrey??
I m here and looking for others preparing for the exam..and i dont know a single BDS here...!...and where can i get the 2006-07 decks?..plss help.

hi
Is any one from you presently in vancouver..surrey??
I m here and looking for others preparing for the exam..and i dont know a single BDS here...!...and where can i get the 2006-07 decks?..plss help.

u can but it from the classified section (sale and advertisement section ) of SDN
avilable at many amazon sites too

http://hygienedecks.com/.................u can buy from this site

and yes SSA

SSA
Thanks for replying. Can u also tell me how different r the 2006 decks from 2001 decks.shud i get the latest edition??
thanks.

me too from ludhiana preparing for part 1

It feels so good to know you guys. Anyway I ve come all the way from Ludhiana. God How I miss that place ! I did my schooling from Punjab itself. I came here about 1 & 1/2 yr back , took the NBDE part 1 once , trying once again.
bbie

HI
I M ALSO FROM LUDHIANA..............NOW I M IN ONTARIO,CANADA...........CANT WE PREPARE TOGETHER FOR NBDE PART1.WHERE R U NOW?REPLY ME

It feels so good to know you guys. Anyway I ve come all the way from Ludhiana. God How I miss that place ! I did my schooling from Punjab itself. I came here about 1 & 1/2 yr back , took the NBDE part 1 once , trying once again.
bbie

HI
I M ALSO FROM LUDHIANA..............NOW I M IN ONTARIO,CANADA...........CANT WE PREPARE TOGETHER FOR NBDE PART1.WHERE R U NOW?REPLY ME

bbie

HI

HI
I M FROM LUDHIANA........NOW I M IN ONTARIO,CANADA.....PREPARING FOR NBED PART1...ANYONE WHO WANT TO JOIN FOR GROUP STUDY PLS CONTACT ME AT [email protected]................
ANYONE FROM ONTARIO CANADA...PREPARING NDEB PART1 CONTACT ME

i am passing on these exams to everyone for free. just send me ur e-mail...................i am not selling these papers. i think now you must get it what i am saying.

HI,
MY MAIL ID IS [email protected] ,CAN U SEND ME PAPERS..PLS THANKS

Hi you all.
I'm from ChandigarhIt's nice to hear from you all.

PROUD TO BE ADDED AS A PUNJABI IN THIS GREAT LIST.
I m frm. Amritsar ,graduate frm SGRD in 2003.

i just checked this thread ,wz great in the begning bt after that so many inrelevent msgs.
plz dont ruin this thred (this is not abt sellin or buying books,materials or ques'n like how to prepare n all that stuff)there r thousands of threads 4 that!
Its all abt. PUNJABIZM,our culture ...n.. sharing light moments.

SAT SRI AKAL G

hi
i am also a sikh from jalandhar, trying to get admission in advance standing 2007. its really great to have a thread like this

Hi Guys
I'm from Surrey/Jalandhar... My internship is coming to a close, finally. I wanted to know if anyone here has applied to any schools, and what's the scores that have been the cut off this December. Congrats to all those accepted
Jess

hello ppl,
i am a new member,but a old viewer of the threads.I got selected to a very prestigious school in USA this year. My sole purpose of being here is to HELP
(SEVA) for the community...
forever in chardi kala

hey Jess 25.....As far as I am aware of there is no clear cut off forgetting into US schools

Dear friends,
i am giving some TIPS, which I feel may be helpful to people who are in the process of prepration,application,interviews.
These are entirely MY PERSONAL views,ofcourse,suggestions from all quarters are welcomed.The aim is to spread awareness and to guide so that they do not make unwarrented mistakes and end up wasting time.
TODAY'S TIP..
TRY TO PREFER USA OVER CANADA FOR YOUR 2YR DDS.CANADA PUTS YOU IN UN-NECESSARY GRIND.THE PROCESS IN CANADA IS COMPLICATED AND THE OPPERTUNITIES ARE LIMITED.

will be back with another tip..

forever in chardikala

Hi Everyone !!
I am from Toronto[origionally from Ludhiana] and I will advice u guys not to get so dishearten with admission process of Canadian Schools;especially for people with some years of practice experience.
We Indians especially Punjabis carry very good reputation in Canadian schools and competition is amongst only.
Yes,fresh graduates have fast chances of getting accepted in US [vs Canada]

I got accepted in a Canadian school one year after landing though I have 8-9 years of practice experience back home.
I will advice donot runaway from Canada as we get OSAP,less fees,less living expenses,no need of co-signer as for US and those who are PR will get their citizenship before completion of programme!! [as u will complete 3 yrs of stay]
Good luck everyone[ooye chak dayo phatte!!]:)

hi everyone,

the idea of helping each other and seva is a really beautiful thought. i really appreciate that, its such a great way to look at things and really quite positive.

i'm canadian and there's some debate amongst my batchmates about trying for the canadian exam. i personally feel like the entrance exam is more suited for people that have had more patient contact, practioners with a mds seem to find it much easier than us recent bds grads. i have met 2 people that did fine on the exam after their bds 5 years back and are well settled and doing well in canada. i have no idea how it is now. the lack of past year papers and the setup of it, is really scary for me.

i know there is no set cutoff for entrance to the american schools. but there's so much controvesy in my mind. we here go to what our seniors say. most of the thinking that a 90 will guarantee a seat somewhere in the US. i have no clue, i'm still working on finishing internship so i can't really apply to any schools. once someone said that there's a setup. so many indians are given seats, and then other ethnicities have there own quotas. kind of like affirmative action. to me thats all speculation. but the idea of competing against other indians and thus driving up the average for us, sounds a bit ludicrious. i have no idea.

its great those of you who have experienced all of this can give some feedback. it saves some undue stress and time.
take care everyone, i must run to clinics and finish up my extensions.

Jess

hello jesse and everyone else,
I cannot agree more with anyone who says that there is a quota for indians.
Dear friends here are some facts...
1.India is one of the most poplous country in the world
2.Gujuratis and punjabis are the 2 communities which have a handsome presence in USA/canada.
3.Goto an interview and > 70% are indian dentists.

as of my experience of interviews and selection process,,, we indians are so good that if the schools did not have a quota for other countries,, their program would be called INDIAN DENTIST PROGRAM rather than INTERNATIONAL DENTIST PROGRAM.
The picture of the class should look INTERNATIONAL,, i mean,, there should be a Chinka face, or a philipino face, a middle-eastern ,,a kala,, etc.
So, the universities definitely look to a Mix,, every university aims at increasing diversity.
As far as Canada is cincerned,, i have lived some time there,, IT is a PIND and one of the most racist places.

well today's tip..
EVALUATION..... PREFER WES,, OF COURSE YOU HAVE NO CHOICE IF THE UNIVERSITY ACCEPTS ONLY ECE,, GET BOTH DONE,, AND SEE THE DIFFERENCE,, YOU WILL DEFINITELY LIKE WHAT YOU SEE ON WES