Is there such a thing as "Academic H1-B" visa?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kevind685

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello
I have 2 questions and would appreciate your help:

1. I need a H1-B to work in the US as a dentist. I've done some research on H1-B visa. I am wondering if there is such a category as "academic H1-B". I know academic and government NGO jobs are H1-B cap-exempt and the visa can be applied for at any time of the year, as opposed to other type of jobs. But I thought I had once heard someone say that there is a visa category called "academic H1-B". Could someone shed some light on this?

2. I had also heard that some Community Health Centers dentist jobs are not subjected to regular H1-B visa cap, and are considered cap-exempt. But from what info I can find on cap-exempt, only academic and research NGO jobs are cap-exempt, and community health center jobs don't seem to fit either of those categories. So a little confused.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hello

1. I need a H1-B to work in the US as a dentist. I've done some research on H1-B visa. I am wondering if there is such a category as "academic H1-B". I know academic and government NGO jobs are H1-B cap-exempt and the visa can be applied for at any time of the year, as opposed to other type of jobs. But I thought I had once heard someone say that there is a visa category called "academic H1-B". Could someone shed some light on this?

2. I had also heard that some Community Health Centers dentist jobs are not subjected to regular H1-B visa cap, and are considered cap-exempt. But from what info I can find on cap-exempt, only academic and research NGO jobs are cap-exempt, and community health center jobs don't seem to fit either of those categories. So a little confused.

Thanks

Hello

Thanks

Have you had an info for your questions ?