Any Professionals who can confirm low entry level salaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

audibob

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm questioning returning to school in order to enter the field of audiology. I know I'd be good at it and I know I'd love it, but I cannot fathom paying 100K to go to school, get a doctorate and make half "doctor type money." I'm on my own. In addition to paying tuition, I would need to take a loan out for living expenses as well. After all is said and done, 100K seems like a generous figure.

The 45-55K entry level salary number is something that I've seen come up time and time again as I've read threads on this forum, but given the general makeup of the people on this forum, most of us being students, I question it's accuracy. Are there any audiologists who frequent these forums who can attest to this low starting salary for Au.D grads?

A side note: Yes, I know I can make more selling hearing aids, but that isn't even on my radar.

Thanks for any info guys/gals!

Members don't see this ad.

A side note: Yes, I know I can make more selling hearing aids, but that isn't even on my radar.

or selling used cars... just saying :lol:

dusty look at you, stepping up in the world of the forums :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
or selling used cars... just saying :lol:

dusty look at you, stepping up in the world of the forums :thumbup:
*Flexes e-muscles*

I recently retired as mod of a Lakers forum, I just couldn't let it go. In all seriousness, I think we can build this place into a nice community. Unity in our profession will be big going into the future.

*Flexes e-muscles*

I recently retired as mod of a Lakers forum, I just couldn't let it go. In all seriousness, I think we can build this place into a nice community. Unity in our profession will be big going into the future.

Well I'll try not to hold you're being a Laker's fan against you.

i think it's possible to get this place rockin. i think there's more action here now, than back when i found this place almost 2 years ago.

i'll have to side with cmc on this one, we won't hold it against you :D

i think it's possible to get this place rockin. i think there's more action here now, than back when i found this place almost 2 years ago.

i'll have to side with cmc on this one, we won't hold it against you :D

Nice to have a savy veteran around. BigAl the Grey. :D

:lol::lol:

btw i think we can safely say :hijacked:
Thread hijacked? Nah...

Here's a pic of Dr. Phil:

lauge.jpg