Any info on the Osteopathic plastics programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rddoms

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on the osteopathic plastics programs? Two of them are listed on the opportunities website, but not on the hospital website. Anyway, the email contacts for the programs do not reply, so any help is appreciated. The Southpointe hospital program is the one I have been looking at.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Any current residents scan these forums?

Does anyone have any info on the osteopathic plastics programs? Two of them are listed on the opportunities website, but not on the hospital website. Anyway, the email contacts for the programs do not reply, so any help is appreciated. The Southpointe hospital program is the one I have been looking at.

thanks

Hey rddoms,

Well I'm not too familiar with osteopathic plastic surgery but I believe that training is only offered via the independent matching system. Which means that you have to complete a gen surg residency and then apply to plastics.

It is very hard if for an D.O. to match into an allopathic PRS residency and there are very few osteopathic PRS fellowships so you have to be a stellar student/resident and/or know the right people.

There are many threads on SDN about this. Just do a search for osteopathic plastic surgery.

Hope this helps.

Best of luck.