Any Indians here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i'm punjabi..:D straight up from the bay area, cali.

Members don't see this ad.

What it do!!!! I'm from Texas. Applied to a lot of schools...so far I got accepted to Ohio State U :D

bahut bahut vadhaiyan ji :D

p.s. any of you guys going to hit bhangra blowout this year? :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
i ♥ pharmacy;6359502 said:
bahut bahut vadhaiyan ji :D

p.s. any of you guys going to hit bhangra blowout this year? :oops:
Thanks bro...When is it this year??

What city are you in, agedpharmtech?

I got into Touro and waitlisted at USC as well! USC is my top choice!! I hope I get in, if not touro it is!

heyy u mean waitlist or "active consideration" can u please let me know because i thought usc doesnt have waitlist yet only "active consideration"

i am punjabi too!! I live in PA.

Pakistani...close enough I guess lol

anyone attending UCSD this fall for pharm?...it'd be nice if you private messaged me :)

anyone attending UCSD this fall for pharm?...it'd be nice if you private messaged me :)

hey guys i think we are here to help each other, share the knowledge which would be helpful to others............i know all are indians over here so instead of getting happy that i m indian, i m inian and then searching for punjabi or gujjus or south indians better we talk about some business...................i read all the threads and i barely found any of them useful for the purpose for which we have joint this forum..............so i kindly request everybody those guys who got in share their stats and background and how did they get in..........did they finish pre-requisites or not? etc.............i think this is the info we are looking for.................i m telling about my self........i did BS in pharmacy form india and have applied to nova, western, usn, mcphs and pacific...............and i gave interview at usn and waiting for answer and got rejected from pacific...............and in mcphs they put my application on hold.....................kindly all of you plz provide some helpful info so others who are still looking for an admission can do some costructive work to get in....................

I am attending USN (Nevada campus class of 2011) and wanted to know if any of my brown ppl would be joining me there to go watch some desi movies :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I am brown!!

anyone here attending u-maryland school of pharmacy for 2012? i hope so!

Me Punjabi. Accepted in UNC Chapel Hill...any one else ?

Hello,
I'm wondering if anyone here is going to be going to Touro Univ?? I know a couple of people on this thread have been waitlisted....
If anyone is looking for a roommate please let me know. Thanks!:)

Hey add me in...proud desi here :D.

Last edited:
Anyone here going to Wingate SOP or knows anyone who goes there?

Any desiz joingin Purdue prepharm this fall 2008?

heyy
anyone going to the University of the sciences in philly?
im punjabi btw- from Maryland

hey i am from NJ and i am a mallu aswell

SO guys tell me what do you think is the best thing about being a desi:)

Hello,
I'm wondering if anyone here is going to be going to Touro Univ?? I know a couple of people on this thread have been waitlisted....

SO any new updates on house hunting. Have you found any place yet?

Well, what do you know...I know that my possible roommate is indian ! so am i! hehe
Hello,

SO guys tell me what do you think is the best thing about being a desi:)

GARBA! If you're guju. Man, I'm soooo gonna miss that once I start pharm school...any guju's going to Touro?

GARBA! If you're guju. Man, I'm soooo gonna miss that once I start pharm school...any guju's going to Touro?

U can come to the Garba in the bay area! It's not that far from Touro.

Not gujju but I would love to go to Garba,:D it looks like fun!

I am wondering if any Touro students are interested in living in a house on the island? I'm looking for house mates. A room is available with a private bathroom (not a master bdrm) at a great price! Utilities included in the rent. Females preferred. No pets please. If interested, please pm me with ur info Asap!
Where u're from, what yr at touro, what type of house mate ur looking for, etc..
Thank you. :)

chemcho n allll....i am looking for some desis [ and if possible a gujju] who will be attending LECOM Erie this fall...looking for a roomate in a 2 bedroom apt....any takers or even givers...coz i am heading up to Erie in 2 weeks to check out some apts ....Someone save me a trip and tell me that we have atleast one desi/gujju representing us in LECOM Erie......[Bhagvan maru bhalu kare...i was accepted in early March and still like a lazy bum didnt bother to find a apt until now]....

Maru dil uhu uhu kare at the thought of some serious snow during 8 months a year .......hope that global warming thingy parks its bus in Erie and give us some more sunshine than normal... :p

i'm an indian female and waitlisted for touro pharm... :( i'm praying for a miracle these last 2 weeks but i'll be at touro this year neways completing the public health masters if i don't get in this year.... i'm not guju but used to attend garba and such events... i missed everything last year cuz i didn't know anyone that liked to go so if your gonna be at touro, i'd love to meet you guys!! :)

I'm Punjabi!!! I'm starting my prereqs this upcoming fall. I REALLY want to get into Touro.... Can anyone help me in terms of advice things I can do to help my application, who to talk to there... Anything at this point would be a great help!

I'm glad to see our people represented on this site! I wish all of you the tons of luck!! :)

Hey kirang, I'm glad to hear that you're starting your pharm prereqs..so I'm assuming you just graduated from high school? I'd say as of right now, look into a few schools (besides your top choice...touro)...I think there are a few other threads that list info about touro...are you applying to the new touro college of pharm in ny or the one in ca? I think the one in ny is prob a little easier to get into since it just opened. Also a piece of advice would be to keep up with your gpa ..overall as well as the science gpa...its a little tough to apply as a transfer after your initial two years but not impossible. Good luck.

Heyy!! Thanks, Well... I actually have my Bachlors and Masters... I just graduated with my MPH but I've always wanted to go to pharm school. I live in NorCal so I really (REALLY! REALLY!!!!!) want to stay up here...

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared: :confused:

Touro, UOP, UCSF are my top picks. BUT, Touro is def my numero uno!

Bachelors** oops!

And, I don't have any prereqs SO, I wanted to do them at a JC but everyone is pushing me to complete them at a 4-yr University. However, I was accepted to UOP to get another Bachelors in BioChem.. I wanted to do my prereqs there but I think its a waste of 40 gs for PREREQS... any advise?!

I don't know how competitive the Cali schools are in terms of accepting the prereq requirements. I mean I'd say goto a four year institution just to be on the safe side..b/c a lot of them don't accept community college credits (I'm making the assumption that JC is a com coll?). I reside on the other side of the coast (in CT) so I don't know much about schools in Cali...but I can relate to you...I graduated with my Bachelors in Biochem and then I got my Masters in Chem...and after that I applied to Northeastern's Pharmacy program and got into it..so I will be attending NOrtheastern this fall in Boston.

I'm hoping that my Masters helps me stand out in the process. But, know that Cali schools are the hardest to get into!

What upsets me is when I contact schools they have yet to say that taking classes at a Community College will negatively affect my application. Yet, when I talk to students that have been admitted they've all said not to take classes there because admissions really weights on where the courses have been completed. Ugh!!

I'm taking 6 courses next semester... I think I'm going to die! (Chem, Bio, Anatomy/Phys, Econ, Micro!) :scared:

YOu won't die. Take it one step at a time. I remember my sophmore year I took a ****load of prereqs...Orgo Chem II, Microbio, Physics II, Analytical Chem, and Sociology....I had four sciences all with labs in one semester....I still don't know how I survived that madness. If I can do it, then you def can too. Let me know i fyou have any additional q's.

american indian? I'm 1/4

Me too. I'm also an Indian doing my pre-pharm @ LIU.

Hi guyz anyone going to UOP ?? Also I am looking for a female roomate. Please message me for more info. Thanks...

Yes, I'm Punjabi. Represent!