Any Indians here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hiii.. im from socal.. and i decided to go to thomas jefferson university in phillyyyyyy yayyyy! :hardy:

Members don't see this ad.

theres lots of malus here..where are my gujus? :p

Members don't see this ad :)
add one more gujju...

Indian from Cali

Interviewed at USC, UCSD, Touro, UOP
Accepted at Touro
USC: waitlist
UOP and UCSD : waiting to hear

anyone accepted at Touro/

Good luck to all

Indian from Cali

Accepted at Touro

Good luck to all

I was accepted to Touro! :D Are you gonna go there or are you waiting for other schools??

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted to Touro! :D Are you gonna go there or are you waiting for other schools??

Definitely going to wait for other schools. So you not going to touro?

Hi guys,
I am from India and currently I am doing my PhD directly after my bachelors. After seeing the pharm d students, I am intrested in doing Pharm d. I wonder if I need to take up the pre reqs for applying Universities or will my b pharm degree from india will suffice.
Can anyone advice like which universities give admissions to Indternational students. I know about NOVA, WESTERN and Southern nevada universities. But the competetion is so high for them. So I have decided for 4 Year pharm d. Can someone advice a few universities which i can apply after PCAT.

Definitely going to wait for other schools. So you not going to touro?

No I will be attending Touro in the Fall. It was my first choice...close to home.:)

:wow:Wow, there are def. more Indians on here than I expected. I'm one too! :D. I'm in Kansas.

With Indian parents normally wanting thier kids to become doctors, dentists, lawyers and engineers ( I think those are the most common) did any of you find it hard to break away from the stereotype and go into pharmacy?

My dad told me to do pharmacy

lol. u chose pharmacy b/c ur parents told u to?.............alright so did i. but when i thought about and read more about it, i liked it too. besides what i would really like to do is kinda impractical for now (how about travel the world with just a backpack and a camera?). i think i'll save it for after retirement. hows that for thinking ahead?

besides pharmacy is the new medicine/engineering/law for mallus!

I am soo happy that I started this thread... we all desis can come together and help each other out.. This is awesome :)

lol. u chose pharmacy b/c ur parents told u to?.............alright so did i. but when i thought about and read more about it, i liked it too. besides what i would really like to do is kinda impractical for now (how about travel the world with just a backpack and a camera?). i think i'll save it for after retirement. hows that for thinking ahead?

Yeah I went into pharmacy cuz my dad told me to, and it was the best damn decision I ever made... I'm really glad I'm doing pharmacy... So u wanna travel the world with just a backpack and a camera? Forget pharmacy, you should do that... you can start ur own reality show..."Indian girl disrespects parents' wishes and travels the world"... It will be a big hit in India and u can make millions!

Yeah I went into pharmacy cuz my dad told me to, and it was the best damn decision I ever made... I'm really glad I'm doing pharmacy... So u wanna travel the world with just a backpack and a camera? Forget pharmacy, you should do that... you can start ur own reality show..."Indian girl disrespects parents' wishes and travels the world"... It will be a big hit in India and u can make millions!

i am sure they(parents) will also tell thier daughters that this is the guy you are going to marry and spend the rest of your life.

Hi guys,
I am from India and currently I am doing my PhD directly after my bachelors. After seeing the pharm d students, I am intrested in doing Pharm d. I wonder if I need to take up the pre reqs for applying Universities or will my b pharm degree from india will suffice.
Can anyone advice like which universities give admissions to Indternational students. I know about NOVA, WESTERN and Southern nevada universities. But the competetion is so high for them. So I have decided for 4 Year pharm d. Can someone advice a few universities which i can apply after PCAT.

Hi,
Have u applied to those schools? Nova, Western, Usn? I also have a bachelor's degree in pharmacy and doing master's in chemistry. I will finish in july 2008. For nova u dont need to do any pre-requisites but for usn and western u need to do undergrad prerequisites like english composition and interpersonal communication. I have recently got a call from usn and i had been accepted into that school. Can anyone tell me about nova like how difficult it is to get into it?

i am sure they(parents) will also tell thier daughters that this is the guy you are going to marry and spend the rest of your life.

ahahaha LOL this is soo funny..i cant imagine my parents sayin that to me lollll ahaha

hey im desi tooo :)...came here after a long time....just having a panic attack about what to do to get into pharm schools....barely see any chances....just hoping for the best :)

has anyone here applied to albany college of pharmacy? i applied and havent heard a word from them...

anybody have any good excuses if/when they tell u that? i should start stocking up.

I'm an Indian as well, as my forum name indicates. My last name is also Patel like many of you are. I'm a high school student currently, and I'll be going to a university next year. Either University of Georgia or Georgia State University. Then after doing my pre-reqs, I plan on going to pharmacy school wherever someone will take me. I haven't thought about it that far just yet.

Hi,
Have u applied to those schools? Nova, Western, Usn? I also have a bachelor's degree in pharmacy and doing master's in chemistry. I will finish in july 2008. For nova u dont need to do any pre-requisites but for usn and western u need to do undergrad prerequisites like english composition and interpersonal communication. I have recently got a call from usn and i had been accepted into that school. Can anyone tell me about nova like how difficult it is to get into it?
congrats....i have also applied to 3 of this unis....where do u live in usa?i have been interviewed on 19th feb but still havent heard anything..when were u interviewed and by whom? i guess there is much competition in nova so very diff but keep ur finger crossed,,,,,,,,,

Where are my punjabis at?! :p

besides pharmacy is the new medicine/engineering/law for mallus!

LOL. It's true for all desis, I think. :) It seems that everyone wants to go into pharmacy now!

I'm not Indian but dated many Indian ladies. Does that count?

Indian from Cali

Accepted at Touro

Good luck to all
I got into Touro and waitlisted at USC as well! USC is my top choice!! I hope I get in, if not touro it is!

No I will be attending Touro in the Fall. It was my first choice...close to home.:)

Does the accreditation status of Touro makes any one nervous? I sent my deposit for crazy 2 grand already but still little undecided.

I got into Touro and waitlisted at USC as well! USC is my top choice!! I hope I get in, if not touro it is!

Yea the wait is killing me. I am suffering from serious insomnia these days:scared: