Annual fee for the first year residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brengy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
This is m yannual fee for the first year residencywhere should I start from? Would the federal loans cover that? Please help..!
Any inputs please I am so confused :confused:

Annual Fee------------>$62,250
General Fee------------>2,074
Technology Fee-------->562
Room and Board------->15,800
Books and Supplies---->1,000
Miscellaneous---------->4,800
Instruments------------>5,884
Technical Fee----------->1,000
Clinical Apparel Fee---->640
-------------------------------------------
Total *------------------>$94,010 :confused:

Residency for what?

:0

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
H#ly Crap! It costs $94,000 bucks a year for endo school? Is this a joke? I had no idea. I am starting to apply for pedo and its no where near that. Oh man.

:)

Last edited:
Wow that sounds crazy. How long is the residency? I did an Aegd (at least halfway) and did tons of endo (molar included using microscope). And I got paid for it. Seems crazy. Maybe u can find a Aegd where u get to do lots of endo and not have to get another 2-3 hundred thousand in debt.

But to answer ur question, u can take out student loans for ur costs. And u can defer any student loans u have from d school. But interest will keep building up while ur in school

:)

Last edited:
U can fill out the FAFSA and more than likely u can take out the full amount of loans u need; however they're probably going to be private loans and not stafford. There is really no way to really know except to talk to the financial aid people at ur school and in sure they'll walk you through the whole thing. Good luck.

Which program? NOVA?

This is m yannual fee for the first year residencywhere should I start from? Would the federal loans cover that? Please help..!

Have you tried contacting any of the current residents or your future co-residents? I'm sure they're in a similar position. How about UPenn's financial aid office? You're probably not the first person to have this problem. It's in their best interest that you can afford their program.

upenn... please help with suggestions how I cover my tuition thank you.

As a street performer... juggling flaming bowling balls... on a unicycle... while blindfolded... with one hand tied behind your back :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow that sounds crazy. How long is the residency? I did an Aegd (at least halfway) and did tons of endo (molar included using microscope). And I got paid for it. Seems crazy. Maybe u can find a Aegd where u get to do lots of endo and not have to get another 2-3 hundred thousand in debt.

But to answer ur question, u can take out student loans for ur costs. And u can defer any student loans u have from d school. But interest will keep building up while ur in school

where did you do your residency?

i dont understand... what is the annual fee??? tuition????

If you are classified as a student, you will probably get stafford loans for some of it, the rest will be covered with Grad Plus. You'll be fine, but if you could work part time doing some dentistry, then it would be in your best interest to do so.

where did you do your residency?

i did it at the University of Florida Hialeah clinic. This is the last year of the residency program and next year it will be an all international student program. I actually only completed 6 months due to an unfortunate situation with a good friend of mine who got diagnosed with cancer and was unable to work, so i had to go and take over for him.. otherwise i would have loved to stay and finish my residency

omar

upenn has a great endo program.. although among one of the most expensive.. the current residents will be able to help you out. if you were able to get loans for dental school, u can get loans for the residency program. i talked to the residents and nobody had any problems getting loans unless you defaulted on student loans before.

contact the financial aid office to get a financial aid application. fill that in asap and also do the fafsa online asap. the school will send you a financial aid breakdown, explaining what loans pay for what. i go to penn so im used to the big loans. stafford (subsidized and unsubsidized) covers about 42k. then you have health profession loan and perkins loan, which both vary based on need. they might cover another 10-20k. there might be a small amount of grant money, ive gotten 5k in past years. then they will give you a ridic amount of money that they say your family can cover, like 35k, which you will have to get out with a private loan, like a gradplus loan. this is all assuming that you are a US citizen. hope this helps! amitabha (you'll understand that phrase later!)!

Why would ANYONE spend that kind of money doing endo??? endo is fast on its way to being extinct...especially in california. do a GPR or AEGD for 1 year, get ur small stipend then go out and do 30 minute molars!

Why would ANYONE spend that kind of money doing endo??? endo is fast on its way to being extinct...especially in california. do a GPR or AEGD for 1 year, get ur small stipend then go out and do 30 minute molars!

Ha! Wait, that was a joke, right?